Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Blendy posted:

My holy trinity is Gmail, Google Cal and Todoist. I work as a librarian so I'm always basically at a computer with my gmail open. I have cal set up on the left side and a Todoist plugin that basically sits in screen like a gchat box (I mostly keep it minimized. Projects and stuff like grocery lists I keep in Todoist since I have the app on my phone while I'm out running errands.

Gmail is pretty robust. Labels and filters are great and easy to set up. I set a goal to never have more than 15 emails in my inbox at a time. For notes for sort term stuff I just email myself and have a filter apply a star to the email. I set up a second inbox that sits over my main inbox that just has my starred emails and it's called "Notes to Self"

It's not an organization app but I use mightyText which also has a plug in with Gmail that makes it so I can text via my Gmail at whatever computer I'm at, makes it so I'm not having to look at my phone throughout the work day.

yeah these are good

todoist is a nice barebones chore list phone thing if you want a phone to do that, but they charge an annual fee for features like being able to recover tasks if you accidentally checked them off and they've disappeared and you didn't see which ones got lost, which leaves me disinclined to either purchase their paid version or keep using their free one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread