Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Nalin posted:

Please be 24 episodes, please be 24 episodes...

Oh, I forgot to mention that the last volume of the light novel was released about 8 months ago, so you can actually read the whole entire story now.

I hope it is too, so that the Kazuma x Megumin ship can set sail

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

thechosenone posted:

Apparently it has leaked places. As a report, it is good. At first I was sort of annoyed, but the second the punchlines hit I ended up cackling.

Yup, seen a couple leaks on Youtube, also apparently the Kazuma/Megumin ship is already setting off in episode 1 of all times.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Spookydonut posted:

ah so this season is clearing up left over stuff from the volume the movie was based on and also the iris/capital arc

My hope is we'll get Megumin and Darkness' confessions in this season, but with 11 episodes that may be a stretch

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

El Burbo posted:

shout out to monogatari, an adaptation that's been ongoing for 15 years

And they are doing a reboot(?) or continuation this year, if I recall

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Arc Hammer posted:

They South Park'd her.

Megumin, secretly Canadian.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Spookydonut posted:

ooooh boy just you wait until the noble thief shows up

Yeah that's when the arc gets interesting.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

chiasaur11 posted:

Megumin is disappointed, Aqua is upset, but Darkness? Darkness knew exactly what to expect from Kazuma, and just wants to make it clear that she has no respect for him at this moment.

And that's why Megumin wins, because she basically admits that his weird flagrant nature is part of his charm.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Sephyr posted:

Seeing Darkness being so level-headed and responsible in her noble-mode, you remember that she's likely the kindest and most well-adjusted of the party...when she's not being consumed by her 'proclivities'.

Yeah but that's all just a mask she wears - remember that her Crusader persona is closer to what she wants to be, her noble mode is just how she was trained as a noble's daughter. She puts on the mask later in the series/novels more to help the party, but its not who she wants to be.

She likes and prefers her masochistic perverted ways. And its why Kazuma doesn't seek a relationship with her and rejects her in the LN, because she's too unhinged in her normal, prefered state, beautiful though she may be

CommieGIR fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Apr 27, 2024

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Yinlock posted:

tbf the kind and level-headed(when she isn't Activated) part of her isn't an act, just the stuffy Proper Lady part.

Yeah but that's my point - that is how she was trained to act. Nobody acts noble naturally

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Nalin posted:

You think an actual Goddess could ever be that useless? Don't kid yourself.

When she's not wasted and not with the squad, ironically she is excellent at construction.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug
I cannot wait for the duke to get his comeuppance :getin:

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Spookydonut posted:

I dont think that will be this season

LN Spoilers I suspect that will happen at the end of this season, they've been accelerating through that very story. Darkness' wedding is likely happening this season, which would culminate in Duke meeting his end, but we'll see

CommieGIR fucked around with this message at 17:20 on May 9, 2024

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

ninjewtsu posted:

i will say that even marked as an LN spoiler i really didn't appreciate this one. "here are the specific events that will likely end the season" doesn't seem necessary. i looked because i thought it'd be more mild spoilers that might offer some interesting insight into the LN side of things, and i wish i hadn't

At some point, I'm sorry it upset you but its spoiler-ed for a reason. That's entirely down to your self-control. And given that its also labelled as a LN Spoiler, you should know its gonna include things way ahead of the anime.

Mods feel free to correct me if I'm in the wrong here.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Natural 20 posted:

Being specific about what you spoilers entail costs very little and makes life nicer for others.

E.g. LN spoilers for season end.

I will be more cautious in the future.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

ninjewtsu posted:

also that megumin relationship is really getting pushed a lot more ever since the movie huh[/spoiler]

LN Spoilers That's on queue for the story. After the Crimson Demon Village arc, Megumin has already fallen for Kazuma and is just waiting to confess. Its also why she makes a huge fuss about 'taking care of Kazuma' after he is resurrected in the last episode.

CommieGIR fucked around with this message at 12:03 on May 16, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

ninjewtsu posted:

got caught up on this show. if they cross the line with iris i might have to drop it, megumin already makes me really uncomfortable.

Gonna point out Megumin and Kazuma are both High School age only 2-3 years difference. , Megumins appearance is entirely because she starved herself to feed her sister and because her family was always broke because of her father's bad habits with money.

It's the running joke of Kazuma denying Megumin alcohol because Kazuma shouldn't be drinking either.