Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
I thought the joke was that she binge drinks and constantly runs up such a huge bar tab because her godly powers sober her up quicker than normal.

Also the puking rainbows thing when drunk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
I’m just going to assume this line was translated from the equivalent idiom, not a translation error

” ’As long as there is a hole, even an orc is fine’ is Zesta-sama’s moniker, after all! So cool!”

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

Vengarr posted:

The original ending would not have worked so well in a movie to be honest. It was funny as hell but anticlimactic. They did the same thing for the end of Season 2, Kazuma's original plan was a lot lamer.

In general the gang gets more chances to look cool in the show.

I love it but them looking cool also runs contrary to why I love them as characters.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

Shinjobi posted:

And hey, sometimes their plans work flawlessly, and it's genuinely terrifying. Spoilers for LN vol 10: Kazuma brought an entire kingdom to its knees, essentially by himself. what

I mean he did that by abusing his absurd luck mostly for personal gain and comedy. They’re lovable idiots who fail upwards but can come in clutch when they really need too

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
Today the Konosuba light novel comes to its exciting conclusion with Volume 17.

Meanwhile English Volume 11 came out on amazon earlier this week. That novel is a nice reminder that Kazuma is a chaos gremlin of a protagonist. The novels are great and the spin offs are great and I still want more of these dumb idiots.

(Fan translations normally take a few months but maybe things will go faster with everybody stressing out and stuck inside this spring)

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
You will not be disappointed reading the novels from Volume 1.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
Getting your posting wires crossed, except in reality.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
The explosion where the condensation cloud wraps around the city walls. :discourse: