Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Aqua probably has some amazing buffs she could cast at any time, but instead she would rather laugh at any misfortune Kazuma encounters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Yeah, I'd say that a lot of the appeal of this show is how well it is directed.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
fanservice taken too far is just gross. queen's blade, for example. for this show, it is on the level of "there are female characters who exist and wear clothes". truly horrifying.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Here is Darkness' tragic past: she was raised normally by a nice family.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the danger inherent to wearing anime shirts is that anime fans may talk to you. this is never a good thing.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

drilldo squirt posted:

I can't figure out if megumin and darkness know who aqua is or not and it's bothering me.

I don't think anyone who knows Aqua would believe she is a goddess. Kazuma barely believes it despite knowing for certain that she is.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

pnumoman posted:

They believe Aqua is a goddess just as much as they believe Megumin is a crimson demon or whatever.

They do believe Megumin is a crimson demon because crimson demons are just a race of people who are known for 1) being good at magic, 2) having weird names.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

pnumoman posted:

Well then. I figured it was a part of her craziness.

Oh no, she is still completely nuts.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Wiz is not a skeleton, so she isn't any kind of lich at all. Just relax and accept it.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Davincie posted:

not everything has the obey modern d&d rules!!

everything must obey skeleton rules, though.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

That was pretty much the only hope he had for his party members ever improving as people, and now it has been crushed.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
It isn't explosions in general that she loves. It is explosion magic which she casts herself.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the books are okay, but i like the anime better.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
konosuba is a show about people who fail as humans, and aqua is the biggest failure of them all. who else could be the heroine?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Elfgames posted:

aqua isn't supposed to be human though

that means she failed so much harder since she had a higher starting point

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
uh, why would she do that when instead she could pump more skill points into making a bigger explosion? the cast speed increase is probably the closest megumin will ever get to an efficient choice.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the full array of passives available is unclear, and that is unlikely to ever change because they are completely unimportant to the story

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
kazuma is naturally a scumbag but he isn't really a sadist

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
even though kazuma isn't incompetent like the rest of his party, he is still a scumbag

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the party ruins kazuma's life whenever it starts getting stable so he has to constantly struggle. if not for that motivation, kazuma would go back to his loser neet lifestyle in an instant.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
aqua either already knows amazing buff spells or could easily learn them, but that would make her useful in every situation so it will never happen

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
aqua hates and fears giant frogs more than anything else so naturally she would never think to acquire skills to help her deal with them

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Raenir Salazar posted:

Why can't YunYun join the party. :(

because that wouldn't make kazuma suffer at all

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
don't shows with fujo appeal get male figurines?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
that battle could have gone just as smoothly as kazuma planned if they weren't, you know, them.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
aqua deserves every bad thing that happens to her. the same goes for kazuma.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
megumin is the only character who lives a fulfilling life. darkness gets frustrated when her depraved fantasies don't come true, but megumin only wants to cast explosion and she does so every day.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
hey, leaving the refreshing yet reassuring protection of the mohawk guy takes a lot of guts

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
that is just one of his many talents

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
uh, reason? for casting explosion? such a thing is unnecessary.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i don't think aqua wants to be helpful at all. she just wants to be praised and pampered.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it was a revelation

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the last few novels introduced and focused on a couple. the anime never covered their stuff, though i think they did appear in one of the original manga series. slayers ending: the girl died, the guy ended up being a semi-independent part of shabranigdo and went revenge-crazy, and right before lina went in to fight him for the last time the last two demon lords who had never appeared before were just kinda hanging out outside.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
well, you can't say that aqua doesn't practice what she preaches

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
counterpoint: skeleton kazuma was funny as heck

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
oh, i thought that guy looked familiar but i couldn't place it.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

chiasaur11 posted:

This is correct. However, it is incomplete without noting that most of them are also the worst.

nah, pink mohawk guy is just plain the best. no downside to him at all.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i dunno, it seems like they included all the important characters like flying cabbages and explosion.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
yet another reason why the anime is better

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
gintama has been going for so long that a lot of it isn't very funny, but when it hits it hits real dang hard.