Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
Was there an unaired episode? Because I found an unaired episode where Kazuma gets a magical choker stuck on his neck that's going to strangle him to death and he uses it as an excuse to sexually harass everyone but Aqua

OnimaruXLR fucked around with this message at 09:12 on Jun 25, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

Kaptain posted:

The bonus game for the blu-ray, it looks great.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0aKG7OmAmks

great googly moogly

hopefully it comes in a nice little self contained file that can easily be... uh... played off of the Japanese imported disc, totally legally

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
The only instance I'm aware of Crunchy doing a movie (which is to say, the only time they did it for anything I was interested in) was the case of Thunderbolt Fantasy, and they put up an English subbed version for that roughly around the time of the home video release in Japan, so it's not all doom and gloom

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

El Burbo posted:

A Tuesday? What kind of hosed up scheduling is that

The only Promare screening even relatively near me was on a Thursday evening when someone else had dibs on the house vehicle...

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
There are spoilers for season 2 because Vanir and Hans are in it, but given that the entire property doesn't really lean particularly hard on ~story~, whether or not that's an issue probably depends on your friends

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
Kazuma and Aqua have like a top 5 platonic anime friendship

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
As someone who has generally not watched anime socially outside of with maybe other one other person at a time, seeing a movie like this in a theater (that actually had people in it!) was really, really weird.

It also is probably the first anime movie I've seen in a theater that wasn't bad spinoff dreck (Pokemon, Dragonball) or relatively-fun-for-the-whole-family (Miyazaki)

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
It's hard to say for sure, but in the past CR has started streaming movies around the same time as Japanese home video launches (Thunderbolt Fantasy movies being the example I'm thinking of) so I wouldn't be surprised if the Konosuba movie follows suit

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
Time to update my status from "Skeptical about the existence of season 3" to "Skeptical about the staff changes"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
I think the real damning (if you can get that severe with it, which I can't, because as much as I love MGS it's not particularly serious) thing about Snake being recast is that it's not like he re-cast Akio Otsuka in the JP dub with a famous Japanese live action actor.

So it doesn't strike me as something that was considered at any real length. Probably just did it because he had binged a bunch of 24 DVDs in the years leading into production or something.

I'm not sure what this has to do with Konosuba, given that Kazuma's voice actor is the oldest in the core cast and he's only 47. The Gundam boys are both in their 70s and still doing recurring roles in weekly TV with Detective Conan.