Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf
January 2017 can't come soon enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf
I read some of the manga and it gave me such a new respect for the anime. I think this is one of the shows where changes they made in the anime really improved the humor and flow, and where the voice actors just bring the entire thing to life in such an unmatched quality.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

Nitrousoxide posted:

Am I imagining things or was the animation quality worse in this episode than last season?

I had that same thought, but I didn't mind that much. Konosuba has to be off model. It's just part of its nature.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf
I finished it. It was really good.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

el dorito posted:

We all know that Aqua is a goddess. Will there be a chance to see any of her followers this season?

From what other goons have mentioned, most likely.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf
Aqua is gonna rack up the biggest bar tab yet.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf
https://a.pomf.cat/kawtwg.webm

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

Wark Say posted:

I love this cast of dumbasses and I hope that there's more seasons to come, because goddamn is this a fun ride.

I broke down and read the novels that would be season 3. I really, really need there to be a season 3 in my life right now. It will be so good.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

That's the transition they played during the succubus episode in season 1. I always thought it was appropriate.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

Slime posted:

He just needs to work out how to make her suffer. He needs to be respectful and kind and friendly towards her. Give her a massage, send her off for a spa treatment, that sorta thing.

He just needs to figure out the one thing Kazuma can't: where exactly her shame threshold lies.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf
Darkness is in top form today.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

Jabarto posted:

I think this is my favorite episode in the series so far. I've been really wanting to see some Axis members ever since it was mentioned how weird they were early in season 1, and it was totally worth the wait.

Also even I'm kinda surprised that Darkness' schtick isn't getting old by now, but somehow it keeps getting better.

I agree with this post. My favorite episode so far. There's so many great moments in it. I think my two favorite scenes are Kazuma's "YES!" pose after Darkness took a faceplant after he threw her, and the extreme horse drifting action.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf
Making volume 5 into a movie and doing 6/7 as season 3 would actually work very well. Sign me up for that.

EDIT: That would make season 4 be volumes 8/9, and volume 9 is a great one to end a season with. So it would be even better.

Nalin fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Mar 9, 2017

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

Iretep posted:

I think the anime skipped some dialogue in the baths. The red headed woman Kazuma was staring at hinted a lot more strongly who she was for example. I think Darkness also whined about Kazuma in the baths that he wont molest her whenever she walks around the house in revealing clothing. Basically called him a man of big words little action.

They've been cutting and condensing a lot of the stuff from the novels these past few episodes. Usually it isn't as bad as this, though. If only they would have done 12 episodes in this season.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf
Yes, there is a manga companion to the main story.

As both the light novel and the manga are coming out in English, I suppose this will have to do:

LN:
https://www.amazon.com/Konosuba-Blessing-Wonderful-Useless-Goddess/dp/0316553379/
https://www.amazon.com/Konosuba-Blessing-Wonderful-Witches-Delusions/dp/0316468703/ (preorder)
https://www.amazon.com/Konosuba-Blessing-Wonderful-Summoned-Darkness/dp/0316468738/ (preorder)

Manga:
https://www.amazon.com/Konosuba-Blessing-Wonderful-World-manga/dp/0316552569/
https://www.amazon.com/Konosuba-Blessing-Wonderful-World-manga/dp/0316553328/
https://www.amazon.com/Konosuba-Blessing-Wonderful-World-manga/dp/0316469335/ (preorder)
https://www.amazon.com/Konosuba-Blessing-Wonderful-World-manga/dp/0316559547/ (preorder)

I'm sad with how slowly the LNs are coming out. There are 10 fan translated volumes floating around the Internet right now and everybody knows how, uh, amateurish those always are.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

Shadowhand00 posted:

Do you mean, sort of fan ficish?

I don't know if that is a play on the name of the unofficial translations or a serious question, so I'll guess the later.

I would say yes since I often find light novel translations have various odd forms of grammar and sentence structure. Stuff that might make you have to read a line a few times to work through it.

That being said, I think the KonoSuba fan translation is one of the better ones in terms of readability.

Nalin fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Mar 16, 2017

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf
I'm kinda sad that they removed the snipe joke in the anime finale. I thought it was a pretty great joke from the novels.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf
Kazuma likes all his party members. He has no respect for them at all, but he still likes them as friends and cares about them.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf
It's now KonoSuba Wednesday, and there is no new KonoSuba.

:negative:

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf
Aqua being tossed out of heaven caused Beldia to come inspect what happened. Beldia disappearing caused Vanir to be dispatched. Wiz was already there. Hans wasn't met at the newbie town. Out of the four, Beldia and Hans were the two fairly serious ones.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf
I heard someone once say that male nendos are rare, so I have my doubts a Kazuma would ever be made. I hope that isn't the case, though.

And if Kazuma is ever made, Chris definitely has to be made as Kazuma + Chris is a whole other league of trouble-making on its own.

But honestly, the one figure we need the most is pink suspenders guy.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf
I have the first two English printed volumes in paperback and I've read all the current fan translated material. I was able to find the novels just as amusing as the anime. And there are a lot of amusing scenes in the later novels. I hope they end up releasing every single volume in English as KonoSuba is definitely worth it in my opinion. I plan to buy as many as they translate.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

Nitrousoxide posted:

Which novel picks up where the anime left off?

The 5th one. Each season was 2 novels.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

Wark Say posted:

but they do leave out some important (and according to some of the LN readers, hilarious in their own right) bits.

I am forever upset how they left out Kazuma's 1 minute of badassery, followed by complete failure, in the final episode of season 2. It was such a good joke.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

Eela6 posted:

I love this show and I kind of hate myself for loving it.

Yes, I'm Kazuma.

Edit: wait, this is it? I need more of these lovable idiots and their "adventures"

Sorry, that's it. :( You could look for the novels. There are about 5 "seasons" worth of content in the novels (10 volumes). The first two volumes (that make up season 1) are officially translated and they include things that weren't in the anime, so they are worth a read.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf
Yep, there is no third season. Gotta read the novels if you want more. Volume 5 is Megumin's weird village. Volume 6 is about Kazuma corrupting the young and innocent. That is the third season.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

Wark Say posted:

But I honestly don't see KonoSuba getting ridiculously long without ending. Hell, wasn't the original web novel somewhat succinct? Of course, a buncha things probably got re-written for the LN transfer, but it's not gonna get as bad as, say, Raildex (13 years of publication / +40 volumes and like 7 months have gone by of in-universe time, including a World War that probably didn't even last 10 days or something ridiculous like that)

Well, after the two seasons (4 volumes), they've handled 4 out of the 8 leaders of the Devil King's army. In the 6 volumes not animated, they take down 2 more. I've never read the WN before so I can't say if the story is following any of the major points, but the time between showdowns has been getting longer. Plus there is a character in the LN that I don't believe is in the WN and there have been a lot of stories lately involving that person. I could possibly see up to 20 volumes in total unless some big twist happens to extend the story.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf
I really hope there is a season 3 because it would introduce a lot of neat plot elements and introduce many of the side stories.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf
The faithful are actually quite similar to Aqua. There would be no problem at all.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf
Well obviously we'll need a season 4.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

Wark Say posted:

I'm guessing that part of the reason she's extra nice to Aqua is due to the fact that she's scared shitless of Aqua actually killing exorcising her.

In the side stories, Wiz and Aqua actually get along extremely well together. It drives Vanir absolutely insane as they often get stuck in a feedback loop of terrible, terrible ideas that he has to eventually fix.

Lord Koth posted:

and has no taunt to actually make enemies pay attention to her

Darkness does have a taunt. It gets mentioned in the books but not in the anime. It is like the one important thing that she does have, because she actually wants all the monsters to hit her.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf
I just watched the latest OVA and Darkness' taunt was actually mentioned in it. I do seem to recall that Kazuma got her to take it though, but I think it was more like that was the only skill she was willing to learn since it just enables her.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

C-SPAN Caller posted:

When will Eris play a bigger role in the ln? For being a mostly no show in the anime she gets a lot of merch.

You do see more of Eris, although she is still a side character. Her appearance rate does increase, though. The novels actually add a bunch of new recurring characters who are all great.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

Aqua says it is so.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf
Everybody is making fun of the main heroine and it is uncalled for.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf
In the novel, Kazuma ends up badly breaking her leg when he shoves her. She probably isn't that upset that he died.

Also, the third novel just recently came out. It's a pretty good one too, covering the trial, the bit with Darkness' family, and the fight against Vanir.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

Rodyle posted:

Re: shipping garbage

Kinda expected since Kazuma, although a huge perv, has very consistently been shown that he very highly values personality over beauty. Even though Darkness is his perfectly ideal perception of beauty, he just can't consider her more than a friend. Everybody would be screwed if Eris ever showed active interest, but that probably won't ever happen. At this point, it is going to be a race against time because once Iris becomes an adult, she would have the best shot.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

Vengarr posted:

I'm almost positive its this. She was ludicrous towards the end of S2.

https://wavemotioncannon.com/2017/02/07/konosuba-interview-with-koichi-kikuta-anime-style-009-july-2016/

"" posted:

Darkness’s proportions also look completely different than they do in the other episodes, don’t they?

Kikuta: Oh, they do? (laughs) Are you talking about her chest size?

The size and the way they hang.

Kikuta: I might have overdone it a bit there. When I was drawing her, I lost restraint. I had the feeling that her breasts were getting bigger—and what do you know? They were slowly but surely getting bigger. (laughs)

And yet her breasts droop according to the laws of gravity in a realistic way. Were you trying to make that realistic?

Kikuta: That has less to do with realism and more to do with me drawing whatever I like.

It doesn’t particularly follow the designs, huh?

Kikuta: Not at all. Even I thought that they were off.

(laughs)

Kikuta: I thought that her breasts were too big and that they don’t droop that low. I might have gone a bit overboard with the whole braless thing. My senses were numb at the time, and when I look at it now, I do think I overdid it. The same thing applies to the boob jiggles. Once I started putting them in, it felt like something was missing when they weren’t there.

In episode 1, the guild receptionist Luna’s breasts jiggled to a certain degree.

Kikuta: Back then, her hair swayed in the drawings, so I used the same frames to make her breasts jiggle while I was at it.

As the chief animation director, you made her boobs jiggle?

Kikuta: That’s right. (laughs)

And by contrast, the boobs in episode 9 jiggle all over the place.

Kikuta: Ah, yes. They jiggle even in the part before the OP. If the boobs jiggle even from such slight movements, then it would be strange if they didn’t move when they walk. That’s my rationale.

They jiggle even when they’re just eating food.

Kikuta: They do. (laughs)

The entire interview is hilarious.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf
Every time I read a new volume of KonoSuba I become more and more sad that we don't have a 3rd season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

Shinjobi posted:

I would highly suggest people look into buying the physical releases of the Konosuba light novel. They're up to volume 6, and I haven't regretted a single purchase, even the ones that cover the same ground as the anime. Just reading the drat things bring the biggest smile to my face.

Oh dang, volume 6 came out just this past week. I really like that volume. It introduces a lot of fun characters.