Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

blastron
Dec 11, 2007

Don't doodle on it!

Beasteh posted:

Was Darkness always so well uhh 'titted out'

I suppose we never really saw her out of her armor

Have you forgotten the succubus dream episode? Lady's stacked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blastron
Dec 11, 2007

Don't doodle on it!

Liver Disaster posted:

That's where I stopped because I felt like I would get in trouble, cut off young enough that I barely remember any of them.

I checked it out of the local public library and the look I got from the librarian turned me off of the Xanth series forevermore.

(I also went to the library one town over for a little while.)

blastron
Dec 11, 2007

Don't doodle on it!

Meme Emulator posted:

The novels are honestly pretty boring, Im slogging through 1-4 right now and everything that made Konosuba fun is in the animation and the voice work. Maybe its just because Im rereading stuff ive already watched though, Im gonna give Vol 5 an honest shot.

Honestly, same. I’ve started reading through them, but the highlights from volumes 1 and 2 so far have been scenes that remind me how the anime did it. The scenes that never made it into the anime, like the party swap and the initial encounter with Wiz, don’t really do anything for me.

I’m legit contemplating just stopping reading the LNs when I catch up to where the anime left off, so that I can be surprised (and entertained) by whatever awful garbage the party gets into in the movie and/or season 3.

blastron
Dec 11, 2007

Don't doodle on it!

Captain Cappy posted:

here's some quick webnovel guidelines: avoid all of them because none of the authors are any good in their native language and putting terrible writing through a terrible translator makes it even worse

there’s at least one translator that isn’t poo poo out there, i’m sure

Since Sword Dad was mentioned amidst slavery chat, I want to add another important detail: the girl who finds the MC in the forest is a slave with a magical slave collar that can shock her and will kill her if removed. Instead of leaning into the trope, the MC is furious about this and immediately dumps all of the level-up points he’d been hoarding into “Contract Magic” and overwrites the contract on the collar, destroying it. There’s no lingering “oh thank you for freeing me” bullshit, either, just a mutually beneficial relationship built around stabbing monsters and cooking food. It’s a real good series, as far as isekai WNs go, and the translator actually puts in some effort. Granted, at one point he started giving the MC a really, really foul mouth in order to make him sound more casual, but at least the writing flows fairly well and all of the really obvious Japanese-isms are smoothed over.

blastron fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Oct 22, 2018

blastron
Dec 11, 2007

Don't doodle on it!

We do indeed talk about LNs in the WN thread, because they’re both equally bad.

blastron
Dec 11, 2007

Don't doodle on it!

Exia posted:

https://twitter.com/konosubaanime/status/1059393675317272576?s=20

The official twitter account has posted a better look at the teaser image for the movie

pls don’t lewd megumin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blastron
Dec 11, 2007

Don't doodle on it!

What happened after that? I recall really liking the first season.