Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

l33tc4k30fd00m posted:

Just saw ep 5, I really enjoyed how his party wasn't all "wow hero why can't you be like this guy" when the 'rival' showed up. There's something really endearing about a group of misfits that somehow get along with each other. And them all straight away turning on him was actually kind of sweet in a way.

I like this show.

Echoing this.

Usually this would be the part where the protagonist reflects on whether or not he deserves to have the party he has or if he should treat them better, etc. Instead they just flat out reject the guy. It helps that when it comes to Kazuma's lousy reputation, some of it is misrepresented or misunderstood but he is not really an innocent party in it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Hunt11 posted:

That's the thing though. Despite being a bit of an rear end in a top hat he does care about his party and his party appreciates the fact that he puts up with their weirdness.

Sure but during the moment where a guy who is clearly better than Kazuma in every way (on paper) makes an offer for them to join him instead of Kazuma, he can only think of them as problematic party members who just won't leave.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

Excuse me but the hero we deserve is the wielder of the Holy Sword Excalibur. :v:

Not much of a wielder with only some practice and no real experience.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

a kitten posted:

I somehow just learned that he's also along for the falling bit.

I just realized the reason Megumin casts explosion during that segment is to create an updraft that Aqua then takes advantage of.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
I'd say Darkness still ends up being a good tank but it's clear her desires keep her from being an even better tank.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

paragon1 posted:

Houseki no Kuni. Net-juu is just me shouting "Ask her out already Hold her hand already" at my screen for 20 minutes.

Same

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Pollyanna posted:

Season 2 is much better than season 1.

Yeah, it really is. Like, there's some great moments in S1 and it establishes the foundation of the dysfunctional party dynamics but S2 is so much better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
It's not awful. Just a bit slow because after the initial discoveries of how-to-make-food-that-isn't-poo poo, it just gets repetitive in a cultivation-esque manner. More interesting to me are local politics, neighbor politics, regional politics, etc.