Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds

Roach Warehouse posted:

I watched this show over the past few days. I'm pretty sure I like it, the fantasy parody elements are funny and the hard-labour montage in the first episode was charming. I find the typical anime 'fanservice' moments irritating/creepy though.

As fanservice goes this is waaaaay on the low end. Haven't seen one lovingly rendered cameltoe yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

The Sandman posted:

Megumin lighters

Only if they spray out their entire reservoir of fluid at enormous pressure and ignite it all at once.

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

BlitzBlast posted:

I Like KonoSuba A Lot but I read the novels and I think I like those a bit better.

The anime is still much better than the manga version. The pacing is weird there.

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

Well, after praising the anime over the manga for its pacing, episode 8 comes along and leapfrogs all around the story. I don't mind skipping chapters to streamline things, but "Oh hey there character that we met in a big previous adventure which we're not going to show the audience! Remember all those crazy times we had? Careful not to let Aqua do that one thing she tried to do back when we met! Ha ha, this bit is sure really funny in context!" is overdoing it.

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

Anyone want to give an over/under on the "poison" in the hot springs being detergent?

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

Explosions posted:

I love how Kazuma needs to shrink the slime, sees it avoiding the soap, even reshows the scene from the last episode where the slime says something like "this soap would diminish me", the townspeople who constantly hand out soap show up in the nick of time to throw whatever they can get their hands on at the slime, and so he announces his brilliant plan: "ECKASPLOSION!"

The slime was voluntarily absorbing the Axis-brand soap though (which made sense, since it was almost certainly 100% crap). It only avoided that bar of what looked like Ivory.

I hope if they do any more of this, "ONEEEEE-CHAAAAAN" girl becomes a regular just like the pink mohawk guy.

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Hmm... good idea.

You have to do it exactly the way he did it, though.

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

I ain't see no Kazuma in there, CR ... :toughguy:

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

No eyepatch? No sale.

If they were. like, half their current prices I would have snatched them up so hard

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

El Burbo posted:

Make a Kazuma you cowards

If you surround yourself with the rest of the cast, you become Kazuma.

hai kazuma desu

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

I'm just glad we've gotten over the whole annoying "the animation is SO BAD" thing from when the first season came out.

It was never bad; it was cartoony, which absolutely fits the theme. People who were expecting "traditional" Japanese animation and got Looney Tunes instead were so salty you could have preserved fish in them.