Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Akumos posted:

https://www.crunchyroll.com/konosub...er-world-780941

English dub is out. One of my "friends"(more like a really old acquaintance who is friends with my ex) is voicing Aqua, pretty amusing for me. Christina Vee as Darkness is pretty good too. I don't mind the others so far.

Can't wait to rewatch Konosuba. Is it only Season 1 right now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Why the gently caress isn't there a new season of my favourite "friends with a poo poo/perfect goddess show" yet???

Maybe the movie will bring some good news.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Yinlock posted:

the trailer doesn't seem to do this at all though?

They're talking about the first OVA.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Are we talking about the Ufotable guy or are there multiple tax evasion guys in the industry?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Meme Emulator posted:

Watch Season 2 even if it isnt dubbed yet! Its head and shoulders above season 1 imo and even the sexy but unnessicary OVA is better

Warning: My opinion is a bit biased because I like Darkness the best and she gets several good scenes and a bit of character focus in S2

I'll vouch for this, the final arc of the season is so loving good.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I love the Crimson Demons.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

https://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2022/05/28-1/konosuba-an-explosion-on-this-wonderful-world-spin-off-novels-get-tv-anime-adaptation

Official confirmation

quote:

Based on the light novels by Natsume Akatsuki and Masahito Watari, KONOSUBA: An Explosion on This Wonderful World! is being directed by Yujiro Abe (Kaguya-sama: Love is War episode director) at studio Drive (VLAD LOVE) under the supervision of main series director Takaomi Kanasaki, with the return of Makoto Uezu as series composer and Koichi Kikuta as character designer as well.

quote:

My name is...

One year before a certain useless goddess and NEET extraordinaire hit the scene, Megumin, the "Greatest Genius of the Crimson Magic Clan," is hard at work. Ever since a life-changing encounter in her youth, the young wizard has dedicated her every waking moment to the pursuit of the ultimate offensive magic, Explosion! (Well...every moment not spent hustling food from her self-proclaimed rival.) And while the big sister's away, the little one will play. On a routine trip into the woods, Megumin's little sister, Komekko, finds a strange black kitten. Little does she know that this cat plays a key role in unsealing a Dark God's tomb...

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Another preview for Megumin, it has English subs, but you have to turn them on

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6M3d6vqydiw

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

:stoked:

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Really enjoyed Darkness having to herd a group of cats.

The ED is also very good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Julias posted:

Nah, Wiz got introduced in s1 and Vanir in s2. Yunyun does get introduced in the s1 OVA, but s2 basically reintroduced her anyways so it's not necessary for any context.

IIRC the way they introduce Wiz makes it feel like you missed an episode.