Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kytrarewn
Jul 15, 2011

Solving mysteries in
Bb, F and D.

Tyberius posted:

Finally a thread for this show, thanks!

I 2nd that this show has easily been the comedy of the season for me. By 4th episode I can't even pick a single favorite character, they're all great.

I don't care about Aqua or Kazuma at all, but I find both Megumin and Darkness hilarious and ample reason to continue watching the show. Well, that's not entirely true. Kazuma's a pretty good tsukkomi I guess.

Hopefully, Aqua will eventually find a raison d'être .

Astro Ambulance posted:

yeah its nice to have jsut a goofy show to watch sometimes

Yeah. I'm much more fond of the "take amazing characters and throw them in a fishbowl, see what they do" shows like Kanojo ga Flag wo Orararetara, Noucome, Ore ga Twintails ni Narimasu, etc than they really deserve. And this is a pretty competent example of that general archetype.

Kytrarewn fucked around with this message at 07:28 on Feb 6, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kytrarewn
Jul 15, 2011

Solving mysteries in
Bb, F and D.

Roland Jones posted:

We've seen what a creep he is

I'm sure this is a stupid question, but when exactly did we see that?

Other than the panty thing, which we can't rely on in this context since it would be circular reasoning, I mean.

Kytrarewn
Jul 15, 2011

Solving mysteries in
Bb, F and D.

That's a legitimately cool idea that I'm surprised I had never thought of or seen before.

In retrospect, it seems obvious, especially considering that building a short-ish game in RPGMaker probably takes less time/effort than directing/drawing/voicing a full OVA.

Kytrarewn
Jul 15, 2011

Solving mysteries in
Bb, F and D.
Open letter to Crunchyroll: Cutting off the Gospel of Megumin is an injustice that will not stand.

And yeah, Verdia's VA did an excellent job.

Kytrarewn
Jul 15, 2011

Solving mysteries in
Bb, F and D.

Blhue posted:

Didn't someone say the cutoff previews are that way in the original broadcast too?

Just confirmed that for myself. In the original TV broadcast, it cuts off at the same place and then goes to a "brand sponsor" message from Kadokawa/Bushiroad which CR had just chopped off the end for some reason or another.

Maybe the full gospels will be a bluray extra feature, along with the RPGMaker game?

Kytrarewn
Jul 15, 2011

Solving mysteries in
Bb, F and D.
What were those little bags of contact explosive that everyone used to throw at one another in middle school?

That would seem to be a branding opportunity for Megumin.

EDIT: these things https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bang_snaps

Kytrarewn
Jul 15, 2011

Solving mysteries in
Bb, F and D.
Unlike basically every other anime merch product I've ever seen, I might buy and wear that Megumin shirt, depending on the price.

I'll have to watch the CR store. Their t-shirts don't seem to be that horrifically overpriced.

Kytrarewn
Jul 15, 2011

Solving mysteries in
Bb, F and D.
NSFW :nws:
http://i.imgur.com/rEqipQ1.gifv

Classy, Konosuba.

Kytrarewn
Jul 15, 2011

Solving mysteries in
Bb, F and D.
I'm just curious about the LN text that inspired it...

Kytrarewn
Jul 15, 2011

Solving mysteries in
Bb, F and D.

Iretep posted:

Im kind of dissapointed they skipped Kazumas justification on trying to destroy the robot spider. Basically he didnt want to run away because he wasnt sure if any other towns had succubus brothels. Such a pure thing is worth dying for apparently.

Was that just an internal monologue, or did he give a big long monologue to all of the other adventurers about all the things that he'd miss about the town?

Kytrarewn
Jul 15, 2011

Solving mysteries in
Bb, F and D.
I don't need 26 episodes, necessarily, but I am still disappointed that the only 1.5 cour show I've seen was disappearance of nagato yuki-chan.

That's would make a lot of these LN adaptations more palatable. Konosuba would have had time to flesh out the Wiz and Adventurer-friend stories, Noucome would have had time to get into some of the behind-the-scenes fuckery and Gaworare wouldn't have needed to do that ridiculous sudden gearshift from fun and light-hearted romcom to "fate of the world at stake" battle anime.

Kytrarewn
Jul 15, 2011

Solving mysteries in
Bb, F and D.

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

A lot of Konosuba merch popping up recently(mainly with Megumin) including a new Explosion Road shirt.

The RPGMaker game has popped up on the internet as well, which you can find exactly where you would expect.

Not translated yet, though.

Kytrarewn
Jul 15, 2011

Solving mysteries in
Bb, F and D.

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

There were a bunch of good Megumin shirts at one point. Phone straps and badges. Also an umbrella :v:

There is also a pretty rad looking Kazuma STEAL shirt with 8-bit Megumin on the back and the message "What! Megumin's panties are in your hand!"

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Gods-Blessing-on-This-Wonderful-World-STEAL-T-shirt-White-S-size-Pre-Order-AG23-/322136924775

If this wasn't $50, wasn't like 12 sizes too small for my fat rear end, and just showed dejected Megumin and the Japanese text on the back rather than the picture of the obtained item (Why are we spoiling this?) I might have been willing to wear it.

Of course, with my luck I'd immediately run across someone who read Japanese, so it's probably for the best.

Kytrarewn
Jul 15, 2011

Solving mysteries in
Bb, F and D.
OVA introduces that extra character from the show's OP who seems to be a very fun addition and who interacts with Megumin in amusing ways. Hopefully we'll see a lot more of her come S2.

Kytrarewn
Jul 15, 2011

Solving mysteries in
Bb, F and D.

A jargogle posted:

Was the OVA translated to anyone's knowledge?

Yes-if you search for it at either of the two sites where you can frequently find legal downloads of unlicensed anime shows, you'll find it subtitled by a guy whose moniker is reminiscent of "roman death".

Kytrarewn
Jul 15, 2011

Solving mysteries in
Bb, F and D.
Darkness is the best and they keep finding creative new ways to make her shtick better.

"Hey, Kazuma... why don't we all just move to this town?"

Kytrarewn
Jul 15, 2011

Solving mysteries in
Bb, F and D.
What do you reckon the chance is that Darkness has secreted away tiny-purified-Hans somewhere on her person to keep as a pet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kytrarewn
Jul 15, 2011

Solving mysteries in
Bb, F and D.

Wark Say posted:

he mostly enjoys bullying her
none of her masochistic nonsense.
I don't see where these two things go together. She gets off on being mocked and ignored, he mocks and ignores her.