Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

I watched this tonight, it was a pretty funny and even heartwarming movie at times, even if it got really raunchy at moments. It was also nice learning more about Megumin's family, her clan, and her relationship with Yunyun, and seeing her and Kazuma has some genuine character moments with each other.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Shinjobi posted:

I disagree: the fact they can somehow snap into sync at the last possible second and pull off a badass miracle is amazing, and it explains why the group is as famous as it is infamous. They're all dumb as hell, but sometimes the stars align and they will nuke you from orbit.

:emptyquote:

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Not just season 3, but the megumin prequel is getting an anime adaptation too.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

they want shady posted:

Anyway, I've watched everything but the Megumin prequel. Currently saving that for a rainy day but thought I'd ask, is that important enough that I should watch it sooner to get what's going on with stuff later in the season or is it fine to be patient with it? (looked at the last couple of pages of the thread before posting and nobody was talking about it, so if it's straight up bad I wouldn't mind a heads up either.)

It's completely optional and honestly isn't that good. Definitely nowhere near as funny as Konosuba itself is, which makes sense because it's adapting a novel spinoff by a different writer. While i wouldn't call it trash, you're probably going to be disappointed with it if you're expecting it to be anywhere near as fun as the main story.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

A jargogle posted:

I couldn't put my finger on what changed between S1 and S2 but there was a serious uptick in my enjoyment.

For me, s2 is when Megumin and especially Darkness quit being solely one note one joke characters. They start to get more depth to them, which allows for better banter and scene scenarios with them. Also, I do just plainly think the humor, from a visual and writing perspective, improves between the two seasons, which makes sense as the writer of the original Light novels and the animators improve their craft and the voice actors get more comfortable in the roles of the characters.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Arc Hammer posted:

Are there also some ONA episodes of the show out there as extras?

There's 2 OVAs, one after s1 and one after s2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

AlternateNu posted:

Which are actually required watched because IIRC, the first one introduces Wiz and Vanir which just kind of pop up during the regular seasons. I remember being very confused.

Nah, Wiz got introduced in s1 and Vanir in s2. Yunyun does get introduced in the s1 OVA, but s2 basically reintroduced her anyways so it's not necessary for any context.