Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Aqua and Kazuma's tea party is one of the funniest scenes I've seen in any cartoon ever, anime or not. You could drop it straight into a Chuck Jones/Michael Maltese cartoon and it would fit right in.

Is this something new from the movie, or just the golden series gag of Aqua repeatedly serving hot water to Kazuma because she 'cleansed' it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

It's the latter. I don't know why it cracked me up so much, but it did.

Hell, is the movie even available outside Japan yet?

It is a great one, especially how creepily -nice- those two jerks are being about it.

I'm partial to Aqua's unreasoning, radioactive hatred of Wiz, the nicest person in the setting, though.

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012
Just hope it's a good studio/team taking it over!

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

Rand Brittain posted:

It's true that they all cause their own suffering, but "is too proud to admit to a mistake" is Aqua's specific thing. Darkness continues to make mistakes because she gets off on making mistakes, and Megumin... honestly, being a mage who only knows Explosion is working out pretty well for Megumin.

Darkness being a despised religious minority in a town overrun by the Axis cult and getting off on it will never stop being darkly funny to me.

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

Mazed posted:

I think my favorite Darkness moment could be when she gets demonically possessed and loved it -- and took to it so well that after the demon defected, they'll just fuse up for big climactic battles.

Mine is when the whole guild is praising her...by using her actual name, and she squirms and discovers that she's not into -all- kinds of humiliation after all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012
Seeing Darkness being so level-headed and responsible in her noble-mode, you remember that she's likely the kindest and most well-adjusted of the party...when she's not being consumed by her 'proclivities'.