Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

Bless this wonderful world.

So glad to get another season, if it's all doing well then stay the course and to all the LN material, even if you need to have a few year break somewhere in there!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Is the OVA up on Crunchyroll/Anywhere?

I was able to see it subbed very easily on a rather popular site, I don't think it'll be too hard to track down.

The OVA was a drat fine reminder of why I love this show and I want them to never stop making it.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

Isekai mashups is a fun idea, especially as a gag or chibi-style thing. I'm surprised it hasn't really been done before the upcoming show.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I've been catching up on the LN, a whole lot to like in those suckers! I really, really hope the anime continues because it seems like there's still plenty of runway to go.

If the movie covers the princess stuff I'll be pretty content in the short term.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

Gonna check it out when it's up there for free since I'm broke like that, but this is as fine a reason as any to rewatch this fine show.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

Yep no Plat for me, seems like the guest pass worked, or I'm just on free premium time they give to new accounts since I only just signed up for it now, having watched stuff on there without logging in before. Probably the code was effective though since I first got a message saying some of the benefits couldn't be applied, and then after clicking it again it told me it wasn't valid since I was a premium member (different message).

Thanks, I'll dive right in to this real soon!

ViggyNash posted:

I don't think I understood the joke about Aqua squirting pure water until hearing the dub version. It's so good

Toss me a quick episode number for where to find this please, I don't remember off the top of my head and don't want to miss it.

NowonSA fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Jan 18, 2019

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

Woo give me more Konosuba all the time! Read ahead a bit in the LN's, mostly skimmed what's ahead I think, but before too long is a real fun set of circumstances with a big finish that I think would make for great gags and pretty animation, as well as a nice conclusion to that part of the story, so I hope it gets that far!

The fact that there's still quite a bit of material to draw from and we've gotten two season and now a movie gives me hope that they'll just keep that engine going. So, so many LN adaptations have left me hanging for so long despite having tons of material to draw from and seeming like they're plenty successful to keep continuing, I'd really like that trend to end and to just churn out a steady 10-13 episode cour a year. I'd even take that every two years to not kill the animators/production crew as long as I knew it was going to keep coming.

I'll never get my precious Rokka no Yuusha continuation, but please give me a steady flow of animation from the LN adaptations where people actually watched and bought merch, Blu-rays, and the LN's themselves, thanks.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I definitely wasn't expecting a double announcement of any kind, not even a season and a movie (much less two seasons of adapting material). I'm starting to believe that we'll see the entire LN adapted eventually!

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

Raxivace posted:

How many of these light novels actually get entirely adapted? I'd have to imagine it can't be very many.

Going back a bit to reply to this, but yeah I think the amount of full adaptations is quite low, and I can't think of any off the top of my head. The adaptations tend to go one of four ways after they start:

1. One season and done, like the anime Rokka no Yuusha that my avatar is fun. I quite liked it, but it got no further seasons or movies or anything.

2. One season and maybe a little bit more, in part because there isn't enough light novel material to just keep churning away at them. No Game No Life is a good example here, as that got a season and an OVA movie but there weren't a ton of novels ahead of that for them to work with. I feel like if it was a runaway hit they would've gone ahead with another season by now anyway, but I guess it didn't catch on that much.

3. Adaptations that are doing pretty good, but not pulling in the insane numbers that make studios want to put out anime seasons as fast as possible even if there's plenty of light novels still left to adapt and the LN series may have even concluded. KonaSuba's a good example here, with the long wait between season 2 and 3 with just a movie and a spinoff series in between.

4. Adaptations that are a license to print money because they move truly HEAPS of merch and/or are delivering good metrics in things like ratings and Blu-ray sales and such, AND there's plenty of material to work with that hasn't yet gotten adapted into an anime. I think Re: Zero and Mushoku Tensei are good examples here, since the only delay between seasons seems to be how long animation work takes to get done.

Overall the incentive to adapt the material into anime seems pretty similar to how it works for manga, it's just that I think LN adaptations are a relatively newer phenomenon than manga adaptations so there aren't as many obvious cases of LNs getting fully adapted, whereas any regular on this forum could probably conservatively name 10+ manga that had all their issues adapted into anime.

But all that aside, it's great to have Konosuba back and I'll take every little bit of it I can get!

GateOfD posted:

Aqua recognized the mallet, so was it one of the cheat items she gave to another random isekai person.

Ah good catch, I didn't think of that but it definitely makes sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

they want shady posted:

Anyway, I've watched everything but the Megumin prequel. Currently saving that for a rainy day but thought I'd ask, is that important enough that I should watch it sooner to get what's going on with stuff later in the season or is it fine to be patient with it? (looked at the last couple of pages of the thread before posting and nobody was talking about it, so if it's straight up bad I wouldn't mind a heads up either.)

I'd recommend it for a watch sometime when there's inevitably another huge gap between KonoSuba seasons and you want to return to the setting. I'm a big fan of the main KonoSuba show and even I kind of drifted in and out of following up with the Megamin prequel and I don't think I've seen all of it yet. It's not bad, but having all the main party to play off of really adds a lot to this type of show.