Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I love just how dysfunctional the group is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Argas posted:

Echoing this.

Usually this would be the part where the protagonist reflects on whether or not he deserves to have the party he has or if he should treat them better, etc. Instead they just flat out reject the guy. It helps that when it comes to Kazuma's lousy reputation, some of it is misrepresented or misunderstood but he is not really an innocent party in it.

That's the thing though. Despite being a bit of an rear end in a top hat he does care about his party and his party appreciates the fact that he puts up with their weirdness.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
He just threatened to do so.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
It is amazing what happens when you have a cast for a show who actively engage with the material.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
The only thing better then the OP is the ending credits scene as there is something just so charming about it all.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Endorph posted:

the animation in this show is better than 90% of comedies because the animation is funny

complaining about characters in this looking derpy or off-model is like complaining about ren and stimpy characters going off model

The mothers basement youtube channel made this exact point in his video about the intro to the new season. The animators care more about adding character to the animation then it looking technically solid but having no heart.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Rand Brittain posted:

You can at least buy it as an ebook, which I feel obligated to support given how many light novels refuse to do electronic versions for some incredibly stupid reason.

Haven't studies shown that the easier a product is to acquire legally, the less likely people are to pirate it or whatever?

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

EponymousMrYar posted:

Meanwhile Megumin's one true love is Explosion.

Which means she's probably something of the ultimate exhibitionist if you skew your perceptions really hard.

Have you seen the way she reacts to a new staff?

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

he's got heroic tendencies, but unfortunately every single person he meets reinforces his not-so-heroic tendencies instead. i suppose if he had gotten into a normal party instead of bringing aqua with him kazuma would have had a sane, boring adventure.

There is a chapter that covers just this event with the party swap. The person he swapped with just couldn't get anything done whilst Kazuma did a great job as an all rounder. In the end though the best team he could be on is his current team as he is able to push a group of insanely specialized characters in such a way that they can achieve success in situations that would butcher more traditionally well built teams.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Wark Say posted:

I probably should. Hell, the party swap happens in the first 2 volumes, right? I originally thought it was with the Kirito stand-in (since someone had mentioned that said part, along with Wiz introduction, got cut out of the 1st season), but if it's with that weirdo blond guy and it's genuinely good, I just might go for it.

From what I heard it is quite good. It showed of his versatility but unfortunately for him it made it quite clear that his life calling is idiot herding.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Tanya's god is somehow even pettier than Aqua

I am sure Tanya will love mentally abusing Aqua as she is proof that while their may be divine beings, that does not mean that they deserve to be worshiped.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
He could work wonders with any of the other protagonists as he would no longer have to carry the burden of being the only relatively sane member of the party or organization.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I feel like Ainz will try to grab Kazuma so that he can be in charge of personal for his collection of super powerful monsters whilst Tanya will go for Subaru so that she can have an advanced warning for whatever bullshit being x decides to try and pull on her.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

SpazmasterX posted:

In fairness, Ainz did all the legwork to be overpowered.

That is all time but no actual risk.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Captain Cappy posted:

This but the opposite? It's always been his fault when he dies.

In the anime he has died three times. Once was Darkness's fault, once was his own, and once was collateral damage to take care of demon king general.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Captain Cappy posted:

Winter Shogun: He didn't toss his sword down like Aqua told him to repeatedly.
That was because he was too busy trying to stop Darkness from being decapitated due to her masochistic tendencies.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
That isn't at all. In the second ark the first time he dies it is because he was poisoned by one of the kids in the village. Next time through he tries to stay back and analyze the situation to see just where the threat is coming from and is rewarded in this attempt by being tortured by Rem until Ram puts him out of his misery. Every cycle involves him trying to do the best he can to move forwards, running into a horrifying death and then having to replay the scenario again and again until he can figure out every bit of bullshit that is standing against him so that he can do a perfect run of it.

In terms of the usability of Subaru, Tanya at least would be ecstatic about someone who could be used as a human test dummy to find out all the bullshit moves being x is going to try on her so that she can counter it herself

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Vengarr posted:

Do they ever explain why she doesn't just surrender? She could kick back in a POW camp until the war is over.

She doesn't trust Being X to not gently caress with her when she has no power.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Her paper was more that to avoid a world war they had to either win quickly or hold ground and work the international field to get a peaceful solution. The military favored the first approach and through her was able to get a tool that could actually achieve it.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Or the need to cast explosion on something big and hard or else it isn't satisfying for her.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Vengarr posted:

e: The latest volume Konosuba might as well be titled "Mistakes Were Made".

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
YunYun besides her crippling lack of sense worth is decently well adjusted.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

There Bias Two posted:

To be fair, I wouldn't bother wearing underwear if I were a god either. Going commando seems like a clear job perk.

Especially if you can make sure that no one can actually see anything.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Just saw the movie and it was amazing.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
To move quickly away from that, I did love the ending scene. It was cute seeing Kazuma understanding just how much explosion magic meant to Megumin and deciding to just go with it instead of forcing her to give up on her dreams.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Mokinokaro posted:

Only the first season though.

Season 2 is getting ruined by including Incel Hero.

Is it just that series or are they including other stuff as well?

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

That was Hans?? For some reason I remember the slime monster vividly but I have no memory of the character Hans. Weird.

Mostly you just see him in town freaking out due to dealing with the aqua cult for so long.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
This show is very much comedy first and action a distant second.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Arc Hammer posted:

MGS5 was the first game in the series that was mocapped and scripted around the American release first, rather than second like all the previous titles. That probably played into getting a bigger name like Keifer.

It quite simple in that Kojima is obsessed with celebrities. It can lead to fun things with the new stuff but it did affect the end of Metal Gear.