Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
This is almost slayers drama CDs levels of good, I hope we get more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

ViggyNash posted:

An irl friend told he he can't stand Konosuba because of Darkness and also that the show isn't that funny.

Good thing I'm not friends with him because of his choice of animes.

:sever:

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
Yeah clerics get tons of offensive poo poo in most settings. Gotta purge the heretics somehow, and not all heretics are undead/demon or even evil! :v:

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
うふふ

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
Except Darkness. Darkness is way too fabulous for Vanir.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
Slayers got three 26 seasons and a bunch of films and two ovas, though it was in a different time. They added another 2 seasons of 13 eps years later too.

Wark Say posted:

Shana and Familiar of Zero did. Index/Railgun got 4 seasons (don't know if that counts, what with Railgun's based on the manga and all) out of material.
I'd really like to see more railgun. Index is kinda meh, but railgun owns af.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Wark Say posted:

Was the "main" storyline from Slayers (The Lina/Gourry-centric narrative) ever completely animated? If I don't misremember (It's been over a decade, so cut me some slack if I'm wrong), wasn't one season almost completely original material/filler?

Third season was entirely anime original (and had tons of lovely filler, but also some real funny ones and the main story was kinda ok), but then in... I think 2008 or 9 (so >10 years after the last season), they made a new season that got split into 2 13 ep seasons due to time constraints, and those finish the ln story and are pretty decent. They keep the old slayers art style, but go full in with the CG for effects, so you get rad as gently caress nukes drag slaves.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Grausherra posted:

Don't want to sound like I'm nitpickicking, but I have to set some facts straight as someone who's been a fan of the series since late 90's.
Slayers Revolution (2008), Slayers Evolution-R (2009) instead of finishing the light novel story and finally closing the story like every fan had hoped, opted to rehash and recycle small side plots from the earlier novels instead of wrapping the last 6 novels which they could have easily fit into 26 episodes if they cut some of the filler. At least they kept Xellos.

Welp I guess it was so long ago I mixed everything up with the books, my plot memory gets super hazy after a year or two (which is great for rewatching). Sorry for the confusion!

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
I'm pretty hype for the next ep, it should be good and funny.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
I very much doubt there'll be a next season. The next episode preview thing after the last credits is literally the classic "our battle is just beginning" line people always use at the end. :rip:

Then again overlord 2 is happening so who knows

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
perversion just makes it better

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

:five:

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
rance, sao, is there a difference?

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Wark Say posted:

I don't know anything about this Rance game (or games), but I'm guessing that it at least doesn't try to pretend that it's not a completely bog-standard trashy fantasy setting. For all its goofiness, at least KonoSuba seems well thought-out.

It was a bad joke, sorry. I haven't seen sao, but rance is extremely bad.

a kitten posted:

Konosuba x Nichijou
This owns.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
nah

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Vengarr posted:

Darkness being a hentai is central to her character my friend

Consent is not central to Rance though, so Darkness doesn't fit, my friend

I wasn't joking when I said Rance is extremely bad, please stop this poo poo argh

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
vndb tags and me being too curious about literally everything

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
Check out paradox games.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
Also cheaper, less dead trees, and most importantly, you can pick and choose whenever.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

drilldo squirt posted:

Is their anything I can watch that will fill this suba shaped hole in my heart?

Slayers works for me. Especially the movies/OVAs with Naga.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
Gintama is a very good comedy, but after the first few eps settle you in, it takes a while to get really going. That said,

Virtue posted:

Gintama has fantastic voice acting fwiw. Sugita is great in everything

I think this is the 90% reason why not the best episodes were just very good to watch for me. The 3 main cast are really good at yelling stupid poo poo at each other, and most of the secondary cast is pretty much all star too.

Mordaedil posted:

Slayers is so loving good, I often end up roleplaying my own take on Lina Inverse (or someone else in that show) at my D&D tabletop games.

:same:

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
I had a coworker that used to do "Yes, that's me" reply every time someone said his name. Then konosuba happened and I chuckled every time and now he stopped :rip:

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Nipponophile posted:

Louie the Rune Soldier

Both Slayers and this is real good.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
the famous not parody spaceballs

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
he's got 1st person experience with problem children, after all.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
I'd totally settle for another movie. Bonus points if naaga finally clashes with the whole group.

e: also, I hope it happens before hayashibara retires, I'm sure they can find someone who'll do just as great a job but it wouldn't be the same

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
She does a few small roles here and there, but she shows up when it's a recurring role, yeah.
e: she showed up as yamaguchi kappei's wife in rinne, that was a mindblow :v:

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
alcohol is a contaminant like those other things in water such as tea and minerals

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
yeah, the "ask for the goddess" tactic worked real well in the reverse isekai of ah my goddess, being a giant nerd kasuma is 100% familiar with that :v:

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
functional? maybe not. fun? absolutely

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Sidesaddle Cavalry posted:

When's my Slayers + KonoSuba collab, let's get it on

it'd be the best thing forever so i doubt it's ever happening

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU