Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Reds
Jun 15, 2015

I sense someone talking about... GUNDAM!

grrarg posted:

I am sad Grimgar gets so much more attention than this show. I suppose Grimgar is the "better" transported to a fantasy world show overall. KonoSuba is way more entertaining, and I find myself looking forward to it more than any other show currently airing.

Grimgar is like being forced to eat your vegetables. KonoSuba is a nice dessert every week.

Well that's not very fair to either of them, one is very serious and the other is a comedy. Neither is "better" than the other because they have incompatible criteria.

Grimgar's my favourite this season but both managed to win my heart in the first two minutes, Grimgar with its botched goblin fight and Konosuba with making GBS threads on the standard reincarnation premise.

I was genuinely expecting a generic reincarnation story, so it was a great surprise. And Konosuba is much more popular than Grimgar, for better or worse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reds
Jun 15, 2015

Mordaedil posted:

Not a criticism of your sourcing, just a sad note. I'm not one to talk though, I'm not even with it enough to know where the best uploaders are anymore.

We live in the future where it takes like ten seconds to make a webm for yourself, use this power wisely. Whoops that wasn't meant to be two posts oh well.

Reds
Jun 15, 2015

Mordaedil posted:

I guess I missed the bus on how to do this so easily as it takes me quite a bit of effort to re-render a video from a film-making program that can even read the files to convert to mp4s or gifs.

I made this post on it, but the short version is that you should use this webm converter gui. Click and drag, select the part you want, then resize and choose to add subs/sound or not. Way more convenient than making gifs or messing around with a command line or some video editing program.

Like so.
https://jii.moe/4kdqrWV5g.webm

Reds fucked around with this message at 11:55 on Feb 10, 2016

Reds
Jun 15, 2015

Gifs always seemed like a hugely inconvenient pain to work with, I don't know how Tumblr does it with their absurd size restrictions. They can't post gifs that are too cyan or too magenta, for god's sake, how does that website even function. Assuming that absurd restriction is still there from when I heard about it years ago. Gifs are too clunky and aren't intended for clips of a show anyway.

Megumin seems to be easily the most popular girl, and I'm glad that she and Kazuma ended up being friends rather than their entire party merely tolerating each other.

Reds fucked around with this message at 12:16 on Feb 10, 2016

Reds
Jun 15, 2015

He has high luck and he exploits it, more of an active mechanic.

Reds
Jun 15, 2015

PirateDentist posted:

This is my favorite part about him. In the latest episode (5) when he instantly charges the guy who wants to fight, throws him off balance, then steals his sword. Totally pulled it off! Didn't sit there dumbfounded, just satisfied at a well executed plan.

It was a great moment.
https://jii.moe/EJ9BAJtcx.webm

Reds
Jun 15, 2015

Argas posted:

Sure but during the moment where a guy who is clearly better than Kazuma in every way (on paper) makes an offer for them to join him instead of Kazuma, he can only think of them as problematic party members who just won't leave.

Saying that they're all incompetent is not mean, it's stating an objective fact.

Also the guy is probably a shittier adventurer than Kazuma, he's just coasted his way to the top entirely on his weapon, he's useless without it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reds
Jun 15, 2015

Emalde posted:

Grimgar thread having 9 pages to this one's 3 is all the evidence we need to the contrary. :v:

It's an action show and there's more to discuss per episode, I wouldn't attribute a higher pagecount or viewship to that.

Reds fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Feb 18, 2016