Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How many quarters after Q1 2016 till Marissa Mayer is unemployed?
1 or fewer
Her job is guaranteed; what are you even talking about?
View Results

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Morroque posted:

Why do investors keep believing that social media is somehow profitable?

Serious question, because I just can't figure it out. What exactly is it that is preventing these capitalists from realizing that advertising as a business model is utterly and completely doomed?

I feel like this old Lowtax College lecture from like 2005 is somehow relevant here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYrz_1hV0OU

He talks about the leadup to the original dotcom bubble bursting IIRC about 15 minutes in or so and you can see a lot of what he's talking about happening again (maybe less so the "be impressed by our chairs" part, but the VC thing still holds up).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

DrNutt posted:

That reminds me of a kickstarted product that keeps popping up on my Facebook feed. It's called the Luup and it's a litter box with three interlocking parts that basically sifts itself so you don't have to scoop. Only...

It already loving exists, it's called a Lift and Sift. So it's a product that you can already walk into a store and buy, with a much less stupid name no less.

To be fair, there's also already a cat litter box that flushes itself too.

http://www.catgenie.com/

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Juicers, the kind that will handle vegetables, are a right bitch to clean. Clearly I need a $700 device plus $8 per glass to solve this problem.

I mean, even if you hated juicer machines because they were a bitch to clean up, you can always get your raw fruits and veggies in liquid form kick by buying a $60 blender and making smoothies.

Blenders are *way* easier to clean than juicers, and you get the added benefit of getting the pulp/fiber with your emulsified plant embryos.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

blugu64 posted:

lol if you don't realize wired is firmly stuck in 1997 dotcom rooted optimism

Every time Wired comes up in conversation I have to link this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SaDdLhnIoA4

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
Wait, so the Juicero doesn't even press fresh fruit? It's just using some prepackaged garbage bullshit? Why would someone willingly pay $400+ for a machine to squeeze essentially Naked Juice out of a package and into your cup?

If I wanted that, I'd buy a big bottle of Naked Juice and just pour it into a cup myself and save myself money.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Rhesus Pieces posted:

Yeah, aren't these the kinds of questions that should be asked by investors and answered before the checkbooks come out? Or does all skepticism and critical thinking go flying out the window nowadays once they hear "home delivery" and "wifi connectivity" in the pitch?

Speaking of kitchen appliances with unnecessary internet connectivity:

https://twitter.com/internetofshit/status/854204492342075392

I can't possibly imagine this turning out poorly!

There is exactly one reason why I would want this, and it would be to start pre-heating my oven when I buy a Papa Murphy's pizza before I get home.

There are many, many reasons why I do not want this in reality, and several of them boil down to 'hackers running the oven to run up my power bill and/or burn down my house". I'll pass.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Sundae posted:

The latest bullshit from the Bay Area:

http://www.filld.com/

One of their trucks was in front of me in traffic today, painted with big block letters that read "LOW ON GAS? THERE'S AN APP FOR THAT."

That name... oh god, they're reading the thread! All it needs is to be organic and cold-pressed double-filtered gas and they've got BINGO.

I see that and immediately just think of this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjwU8AzFgms

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Chromebooks rule, in the niche market of "don't want to use a phone and don't care about apps." Don't get me wrong, I've owned three, and they're superb for what they do, but I think long-term tablets are eating their lunch in the consumer market.

From what I've seen, it's generally been the opposite. Chromebooks pretty much completely ate up the market share that Android Tablets existed in and now development of new Android Tablets is kind of a barren wasteland. Though that may also have something to do with the general consensus being that the last universally "good" Android tablet was the Nvidia Shield K1, which was released two years ago and the Nexus 7 before that, which is now four years old. The one part of the market that Chromebooks aren't cannibalizing are basically iPads, and that is probably due to a combination of factors including brand/platform loyalty, the iPad hardware marketplace not being hamstrung but cut rate OEM manufacturers making lovely products using the iPad brand like Android has, and the fact that Apple doesn't really have a Chromebook equivalent.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Volcott posted:

They marketed it as a video game machine but forgot to make videogames.

Then they tried to market it as an "experience," but it still required 800 dollars in hardware plus a big empty room and a gaming computer.

That's my take away of it. VR didn't have a lot of games. They had a lot of game demos and proofs of concept, but they were sorely lacking on the 'actual fully fledged game' department. Granted, the new Resident Evil was 100% VR comparable and apparently worked really well, but that came out months after the hardware launched and after the initial hype had already faded. VR needed some solid actual games that took advantage of the hardware at release. They needed to have a really good racing game played up. They needed to really throw co-marketing dollars at House of the Dying Sun and really push for that as a 'better in VR' experience. They needed some sort of flight sim that wasn't DCS's "Oh my god this panel has 500 buttons and something is beeping at me and I don't know what and it takes hours of studying a technical manual or an actual miracle to get me off the ground" and more like a PilotWings or Microsoft Flight where you could chill out and drift around an island in a hangglider or cruise around in an ultralight with simplified controls or something.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
Having worked in IT I irrationally hate Brother printers. I've never had good experiences with them, the drivers and installers will occasionally whoopsy system files and muscle out drivers from other brands.

Typically given the choice I go with xerox or Konica Minolta anymore.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
In our job we've been using Foxit PhantomPDF and it's worked great for us. Granted they are trying to move to a SaaS model too, but you can still buy perpetual licensing*.

Edit - for now at least you can still buy perpetual.

DeathSandwich fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Jul 22, 2022

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
I only really hosed with HBO and Netflix, but I've not really used either of them in months and basically just kept it up for my mom. Given how both have been the last couple months I think it's time to close them both out.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Stexils posted:

video game development is notorious for being badly paid (relative to other programming positions), badly managed (mandatory overtime is endemic) and having high levels of executive fuckery/shortsightedness. it's a combination of an industry that grew up in a post-labor protection era, studios that ballooned from small productions to international juggernauts while retaining much of the same management, and being a "passion industry" that can lure enthusiasts in on prestige.

Don't forget "massive waves of layoffs after a project is completed, ensuring that all institutional knowledge walks out the door the nanosecond a game goes to market".

Like, someone telling me they are in school so they can make video games is one of the few things I will actively try to talk them down from. It's an industry chocked full of abuse above and beyond most of the job market.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

KozmoNaut posted:

I would like to emphasize that Denmark is very much not the US.

While our education system could certainly use more funding, it's nowhere near as dire as what most American school districts have to put up with.

The Google option was chosen out of ignorance of the very real privacy issues it presents. That has now come back to bite people in the rear end, as it should.

As opposed to? It's not like Apple or Microsoft have the best track record when it comes to privacy either. Granted it's been 7ish years since I've dealt with chromebook mdm, but iirc Google enterprise tended to have better restriction tools for education at the time compared to Apple or Microsoft - including things like forcing safe search and disabling accounts being able to access YouTube or forcing parental controls that disable livestreams and comments. I can only imagine the ability to do so across all platforms had only gotten better since.

The only real answer in this scenario that has no privacy issues is a completely siloed, isolated system on fully locked down devices, which is a tremendous amount of administrative overhead and cost for both support staff who have to institute and maintain the system, and also the staff who have to plan lessons around it.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Motronic posted:

So your take is that there are no degrees, no differences here. It's all or nothing so might as well just give it up to google?

Because it's quite clear, from this very thread, that there are other options that are in fact GDPR compliant that aren't a locked down silo.

Again, as opposed to what? What is the idealized solution in the scenario aside from "not Google" that can still do what the teachers need it to do? If there's a system already standardized in the country I'm more than willing to concede the point. But if the whole exercise is to just poopoo Google because data harvesting then you're losing me because that's essentially the business plan of like 80‰ of the internet.

In my mind's eye, I'd much rather schools allow some education in internet literacy. It's a worthwhile skill to learn how to spot things like phishing and scams. So yeah, if you have school-managed Chromebooks where you have administrative control to lock in things like YouTube parental controls to keep students away from comments and livestreams and set restrictions. Someone saying they are an analog-only household seems deeply antiquated in my mind because these technologies are only going to become more ubiquitous, not less. It does kids a deep disservice to effectively go absinance-only as opposed to teaching them how to approach technology in a healthy way and protect themselves.

Edit:

KozmoNaut posted:

You don't have to pick between the tech giants, alternatives like this exist:

https://nextcloud.com/blog/gdpr-compliant-collaboration-coming-to-750k-students-and-teachers-in-sweden/

See, I can get on board with this. I come from an American education background so I'm already seeing the dollar signs flash through my head, but it could be completely feasible in EU countries that adequately fund their schools, let alone the IT staff that has to stand up and maintain more niche software.

You still have the whole hardware angle to contend with though and I doubt Mr. Analog-only would be okay with this when it seems like his gripe was Chromebooks at large.

Like, my experience with US school it was that there was 3 of us supporting 5 (granted, smallish) schools and we were always behind the clock. Google enterprise worked great because it hooked into active directory, when we got Chromebooks in we'd scan in new devices in and it would auto-configure and download appropriate payloads, we could restrict the store by app category and force safe mode in Google search and YouTube (which was something Apple couldn't do at the time, they were all or nothing) and we could stand up the entire incoming class in a couple hours (in a safe enough manner for American schools) and move on to the other fires we were constantly dealing with.

DeathSandwich fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Sep 30, 2022

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

KozmoNaut posted:

I think his primarily complaint was the seemingly unrestricted access to Youtube (which seems like more of a configuration issue, to be fair) and the uploading of all data to Google in the US, not the devices themselves. That was also his main reason for avoiding smartphones, because it is unrealistically hard to have a modern smartphone today without uploading something to various untrustworthy cloud providers.

To be fair, you specifically posted in the last page that Chromebooks are or should be illegal.

KozmoNaut posted:

Using Chromebooks in education was wrong and illegal from the beginning. Better to stop it now, sooner rather than later.

So, ignoring software - which has privacy minded solutions available - what is the legally safe hardware platform of choice that doesn't do data harvesting to America or some other foreign country that is feasible to teach a 10 year old and that most parents can wrap their head around? Like even windows 10/11 and Mac harvests the poo poo out of your usage.

You can get flat Ubuntu / openSUSE laptops or something and have a relatively begign OS kernel, but I guarantee you if a kid takes it home to try and have his parents help with homework like 95% of them aren't going to know how to deal with the Linux Jank Factor, on top of it having security issues from the direction of giving kids a much more open platform with less ingrained parental controls.

DeathSandwich fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Sep 30, 2022

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Kyte posted:

What's wrong with those?

They aren't really designed with mobility in mind, no pack-in battery and no pack-in screen unless you are buying some sort of aftermarket goofy kit, which may or may not be available when you need to start standing up spares and casualty replacements. They are also typically quite a bit slower than most off-the-shelf hardware platforms.

Like, I really like Pis in education as a basis for like learning to program and learning Linux because you can really gently caress them up bad and not feel bad since you're a $10 SD card and 20 minutes away from factory default. But in my mind I view them as a lab machine more so than like a 1 to 1 'everyone carries it at all times' thing.

DeathSandwich fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Oct 3, 2022

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

thekeeshman posted:

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/10/04/technology/elon-musk-twitter-deal.html

I can't tell if this is a stalling tactic or whether he thinks going through with the original deal is better for him than whatever the outcome of the trial would be. Though most places I read put the "worst case" outcome of the trial as him being forced to go through with the original deal.

Being forced to go through with the deal is probably one of the better case scenarios all things considered, because he at least gets control of the company that way.

Worst case would probably be breach of contract fines run up because of multiple flagrant beaches of non-dispairagement clauses and a referral to the federal exchange commission for securities fraud if they could prove he knowingly tanked the stock price to try to renegotiate a better deal.

Either way, it continues to be a continued case of watching the two worst people you know fighting.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

withak posted:

I bet the Tesla engineers are delighted to have Twitter added to their responsibilities.

Is not like they were making headway on the "don't run over children" or "don't randomly serve into trees / barricades" issues. May as well have them fix social media.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Cicero posted:

I don't understand how Pantone can assert IP control over colors this way.

Gotta seek that rent money somehow.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Inferior Third Season posted:

:confused: They just sold the company for billions more than it was worth. That is A+++ C-suite executiving.

I'm beginning to think this Elon Musk guy is not very bright or good at running a business.

Yeah, they literally made out like bandits in the buyout. And if Elon turns around and fires them, they get to golden parachute out of the burning airplane with even more millions and then continue to fail upward in their next position.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Sodomy Hussein posted:

Lowtax built a cult of personality that persists in diminished form today with people continuing to feed money into the forum, often just to own their posting enemies on a site where they routinely take issue with the moderation.

The funny thing is, for as much as people like to complain about SA forum moderation it's a million percent better than the moderation you get from Twitter, Facebook, et all. Like, if people scream loud enough here you can actually talk to a moderator or admin and get some actual human justification for probes / bans. Even if they aren't always good reasons, you can get some sort of reasoning.

Twitter and Facebook both will arbitrarily give you probation for posts you made 6 years ago, and then reban you because someone shared it. If you try to dispute, you get a generic copy paste email with no identifiable justification or even what rule you specifically broke.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

withoutclass posted:

Thankfully there's no cause that will meet the definition. He's just a piss baby that thinks he can do whatever he wants.

The comedy option - fired for gross negligence because they sold the company to a known dipshit.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

StumblyWumbly posted:

I thought he used Tesla stock for collateral? Another company that lost money hand over fist for a very long time.

Not entirely, there was like 13 billion in bank loans, and I think the Saudi Princes that got their stocks bought out just turned around and gave it back to musk as part of the collateral.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

dr_rat posted:

Because the lenders are charging a very larger amount of interest? Not sure if we 100% know the details of the loans and how much Musk is personal on the line for them.

He will be out his personal stake if it flops and maybe the Saudi money. The bank notes are all almost certainly leveraged against the company rather than musk in particular so if the company tanks he can walk away short his personal stake and make the banks and (probably) the Saudis fight over the scraps.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

BabyFur Denny posted:

Isn't that standard practice for layoffs

Ayup. They turn it off before you get the talk so you don't get to email any parting shots.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

notwithoutmyanus posted:

It sounds like he kinda is, that's that whole legal leveraged debt buyout thing?

I mean he basically bought Twitter because of his ego, it's very likely he wants to destroy it because it hurts his feelings.

Musk is doing an LBO, but 13 billion of that is the leveraged part. The rest of it is his own money (or private backers like the Saudis) because he's a dumb poo poo. So it's like the worst of both worlds because the company has to service a loan to the tune of 1 billion a month AND if it fails he's out like 20-30 someodd billion of his own money / Tesla stock.

He's not going to be able to extract that much money by striping the copper out of the walls before it gets shuttered.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

pumpinglemma posted:

Everyone, or at least everyone not currently working for him.

So no-one he'll listen to.

Jokes on you, he won't listen to the people working for him either.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
Over-valuation? In a tech sector that's been almost entirely propped up by Venture Capital and unending hype for the last decade? Well I never!

Yeah, the fact that Twitter's actual value is projected so low should of been proof that the tech sector is in a bubble and the check was going to come due any moment now. If musk hadn't signed the purchase agreement right away and actually did his due diligence he probably could of figured that out. This whole poo poo show is the gift that keeps on giving.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

duz posted:

Elon's friend Peter Theil, who was running PayPal, bought out Elon's online payment processing company X for a ton of money. Then PayPal bought out Elon's ownership of PayPal while he was on vacation because he wouldn't stop trying to convert their Unix servers to Windows.

This is probably the funniest thing I learned about musk since this whole thing started.

It's so hilariously petty on both Musk's end and also PayPal. Like a Russian nesting doll of stupid.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
Not positing as a solution or anything, but what happened to trolley cars / tramway as a concept in big cities for mass transit? Did they just take up too much real estate on the street? Too many people refusing to yield to them? I remember seeing them in a couple of cities and thinking it was quaint.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Anno posted:

Isn’t that a replica of the .357 revolver from the new Deus Ex games? Feels like there should probably be some commentary there somewhere.

Could be. There's a lot of gun manufacturers and custom Fudd shops that make cheap lovely space-gun looking revolvers for cyberpunk nerds. I would of guessed this was like one of the larger Taurus revolvers with a custom wheel.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Perestroika posted:

It's seems to be specifically a replica of a Team Fortress 2 gun patterned after that Deux Ex gun: https://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Diamondback. And not a particularly well-made one, either.

The diamondback is already basically a taurus with the serial numbers filled off. So basically:

Motronic posted:

First thing I thought was "that's a piece of poo poo Taurus that somebody tarted up, isn't it?"

:hfive:

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
Also something pointed out in the gbs musk thread that I didn't see initially - that gun has no trigger.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

The whole picture is kind of amazing.

The flintlock pistol, the video game gun, the multiple cans of caffeine-free coke, and the half empty "premium" water bottle.

Also, Elon is apparently reading a book called "The 6 Pillars of Civility," which is about :

And he installed a tiny mirror behind his nightstand for some reason.

I'm not sure what the weird gom jabbar replica in the bottom corner is supposed to be.

Edit: Apparently, the gom jabbar this is a replica of:

It's like "divorced nerd man child" starter kit.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

withak posted:

Can law enforcement subpeona the records of what you told your chatbot not-lawyer from whatever tech company is holding them?

Probably.

The tech companies could also just willingly share it with law enforcement too. Kind of like how Ring doorbells just let cops track people around neighborhoods with no warrant.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Main Paineframe posted:

A couple years ago, Facebook's growth started to stagnate. Not surprising, given that they count around half the world population as monthly active users. But giving up the big growth story of a newer tech company and shifting to the stable maintenance of an established tech company didn't suit Zuck's tastes (and was unlikely to appeal to FB's existing investors), and it's not clear how great Facebook's long-term prospects will be given that they're the current face of big data abuses of privacy.

So instead, Facebook changed their name to Meta and started plowing billions of dollars into VR. They easily established a dominant position in a tiny industry, reasoning that VR had lots of room to grow if they could use their piles of money to singlehandedly advance it to the point of taking off. Big R&D expenses, selling headsets at a loss to build up a userbase, big investments into machine learning, building their own VR social world, hiring new departments...a whole lot of money spent without any immediate return. As a result, Meta was bleeding money - the VR stuff was hugely unprofitable. Meta was heavily subsidizing it in the hope that it'd all pay off if they managed to cause a VR boom. Meta's workforce basically doubled during the pandemic.

Time's up, though. Meta's numbers have already been looking bad ever since Apple locked down the tracking systems used by targeted advertising, cutting into Facebook's core advertising income. Now that tech investors are starting to get skittish about the markets, Meta's trying to juice their short-term numbers by slashing all those long-term or long-shot programs that cost a lot and won't bring in a profit anytime soon. And that goes for a lot of the employees that were brought in to work on that stuff, too.

Yeah, exactly. Layoffs are bad enough to begin with, so it's best to do them in a way that creates minimum uncertainty for workers. Do them once and quickly, have them all done with ASAP, and promise the survivors safety and stability for a good while. Multiple waves of layoffs just drag out the worries, because the workers can't feel safe and secure in their jobs until the layoffs are completely done - and if each wave is announced after the previous one is done, then workers won't ever know if layoffs are done or not. When Zuck says the layoffs might be going on all year, what the employees hear is "by December, we still won't know if we're gonna still have our jobs in 2023".

It's not to be underestimated just how much of the tech sector is built around the idea of infinite growth. It's easy to secure VC funding early as people are initially adopting in and you see this huge growth in new users / subscriptions per year, but a lot of it is predicated on keeping that growth. You might be able to pull it off for a few years but eventually everyone who wants a Facebook / Netflix / whatever account is going to already have one and the Delta-V stabilizes. Stable doesn't look especially great on an earnings call (even if it doesn't look especially bad either) if you're an investor or VC looking to ride an investment into the moon, which itself lowers demand and drops the price of the stock, creating a bunch of knock on effects.

In other words, it's 1979 and Disco is never going to die, baby.

DeathSandwich fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Mar 14, 2023

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

OddObserver posted:

VR games aren't for me, but I can understand why some people may want them and why, say, Sony, would put in money into making a VR product.... But who the heck wants VR for meetings ?

Yeah, VR workspaces have always been dead in the water, and I think the only ones it wasn't apparent to was Facebook and the investors themselves.

VR is, I would say, more dead than not in the traditional gaming space, though I guess we'll see what happens with the psvr2. The only place I think it still would get a lot of play is in the simulation arena - DCS, iRacing, Microsoft Flight and the like. The sort of things where you're fixed in a cockpit and benefit greatly from the ability to look around in real time.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

evilweasel posted:

"facebook" doesn't think vr meetings are the future. zuck does. everyone else at facebook knows how god-awful they are - even more than you or i - because zuck keeps trying to make them a thing and so they've had to sit through them for real instead of just imagining it.

As long as Zuck sits at the helm, I don't feel bad conflating him personally with Facebook as a whole. He's still sets the priorities for the company as a whole, even if everyone in his near orbit is trying to talk him down from that ledge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Kwyndig posted:

The idea that two high school kids wouldn't get doxxed immediately once they became moderately famous is the unbelievable part. Well that and one of them winning the election for President of Earth based on forum posts.

Let's be honest. If dril ran for office he'd probably win just off his poo poo posts.