Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How many quarters after Q1 2016 till Marissa Mayer is unemployed?
1 or fewer
Her job is guaranteed; what are you even talking about?
View Results

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

mobby_6kl posted:

Oooh ok, I remember seeing that and it kind of makes sense. I was probably confusing it withe the similarly sounding social thingy. So they might've been overvalued at IPO (whoa) but at least they have something going on there - unless the upcoming chip & pin is going to be impractical to implement, in which case they're hosed too, I guess.

Er, chip and pin has been around for a good decade?

Or is this a weird case of America lagging way behind Europe?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Wheany posted:

Btw, if you drink like a cup of coffee every few hours, and only need to make that single cup at a time, I can recommend Aeropress:

It's a plastic tube and a piston, it uses regular coffee, is simple and quick to use, cleans easily, costs :20bux: + :10bux: and one pack of those coffee filter papers costs 4bux and has 350 of them in it.

Some people say that it makes especially good coffee even, but I haven't noticed. It's just coffee. I used to use a regular coffee maker but because I only drink the 1 cup (well, mug) at a time, i just use a kettle and the aeropress.

fake edit: It doesn't have a wifi, or any electronics.

It makes a better (faux)espresso than most peoples Espresso machines, unless you're spending like $400+

Absolutely magical device.

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

cis autodrag posted:

It goes the other way too and managers try to apply six sigma to things that are nothing like manufacturing and its a disaster.

I'm a pretty big fan of Kanban*, and that's pretty much cribbed wholesale from Toyota/JIT/Lean manufacturing

*for certain types of software project