Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How many quarters after Q1 2016 till Marissa Mayer is unemployed?
1 or fewer
Her job is guaranteed; what are you even talking about?
View Results

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Gulping Again posted:

The short cartoons they started making in 2013 under the direction of Paul Rudish, Gennedy Tartakovsky's former right-hand man were a delight for their five-season run, but those were like, the first new 'Mickey as Main Character' cartoons since the 1990s.
You've heard of Paul Rudd? Well, we've got someone who's basically the same.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
it was retracted because it's not true per that source
https://twitter.com/MikeIsaac/status/1445196576956162050

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Motronic posted:

How poorly temperature controlled does your house need to be that your fridge needs outside weather information to keep up?

I've never experienced such a thing.
My parents have a fridge in their garage (in addition to one inside the house) which will end up way colder than desired if it’s cold enough outside. I think they’ve just been leaving it off during the winter though, since half the reason they have it there is for easier cold drink access during the summer.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
Pocket Casts has never recommended me a god drat thing which makes it the best podcast app I've ever used.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
GPUs are good for more than just graphics; by their nature they're good for parallel processing (CPUs are better for sequential, generally) and while dedicated chips will be better due to specialization, they take time to develop and tend to be hyper-focused on a single task. Bitcoin (etc.) mining saw a progression of running on CPUs, then being optimized for GPUs, then having dedicated FPGA/ASIC machines developed. When a technology is young and/or not something you'd commit to a unitasker for, running it on a CPU/GPU (depending on how beneficial parallelization is and some other factors) can make sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.