Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How many quarters after Q1 2016 till Marissa Mayer is unemployed?
1 or fewer
Her job is guaranteed; what are you even talking about?
View Results

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

BRJurgis posted:

A girl at work insists EVs create 10x more emissions than ICES and she will not be swayed.

I have no idea what her argue was, but lithium EV as there now are bad for the environment, not because of the technology itself, but because business practices behind EV vehicles.

NASA can't come out with that new Sulfur battery soon enough IMO.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

PhazonLink posted:

ignoring Tesla for a bit, is there anything on the consumer end where messing with it during a software update truely could harm it?

like the closest i can think of is motherboard/BIOs driver updates

Maybe the update cause the sensors to zero out and creates a desync between the software and hardware? Who knows with Tesla, their stuff is designed and built by people from marketing, not engineers.

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

Professor Beetus posted:

And while they're at it they should regulate the size of trucks and SUVs to reasonable levels so that they aren't perfectly sized for not being able to see children or animals darting in front of them.

We'd actually have to remove a couple of really old and dumb laws that prevent the sale of small trucks. Laws that only started to be enforced by the government around the 2000s when a certain car company lobby to make that happen, a car company who consequentially started selling really large trucks around the same time and became a focus of their marketing.

E: It's was Dodge by the way.

Back Hack fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Apr 13, 2024

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

Mercury_Storm posted:

I don't know how zuckerberg could have hosed up his "metaverse" push and harder unless the company was actually self sabotaging. Literally no legs to stand on as a product.

Pun intended?

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

Boris Galerkin posted:

Cybertruck has been recalled because the big geniuses there used lube to attach the accelerator pedal cover to the pedal and it was prone to slipping off and getting stuck.

https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/c9ezp0lv039o

The fact they glue the pedals on should be just as concerning. :stare:

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

At this point, can they even call it a warranty?

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

BiggerBoat posted:

If only there were an energy efficient, affordable, readily available transparent material that existed where we could just see through it and view inside of the refrigerator's contents. But alas.

Gonna have to get used to the idea of my car windshield displaying an LED rendering of the street I'm driving down.

Welp, I know what I’m doing this weekend with my wall anchor magnets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

BiggerBoat posted:

I wish Mike Judge could order up a sequel to Silicon Valley

What would rather want, satire on SpaceX or Cybertruck?

E: WB would never let them parody AI.