Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How many quarters after Q1 2016 till Marissa Mayer is unemployed?
1 or fewer
Her job is guaranteed; what are you even talking about?
View Results

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Musk, like Donnie probably thinks modern digging is like old fashion pick axes and shovels , and red stickss of TNT branded dynamite

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
not memeing it up by being Doom, geuess the Tesla is doomed

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Groovelord Neato posted:

i've never understood why people invest in uber. there's no point where it can ever be profitable.

but what if youre wrong.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
well how much did they pay for it?

(also who did they pay for it)

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
how much buttcoinz do you have and how many of them are owl/bird/furry based?

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
i thought the point of those new I.D ______ CAPACHAS was to help the beepboops ID things

(also if a object's pixel is in another box is it right to select it? Am I teaching AI that a blank sidewalk is a car?)

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
if we had excess zero/low carbon energy already that would be fine but we dont.

also why doesnt the Io(shi)T bulb have a pinhole reset? What did some MBA beancounter quaterly-numbers-go-up type say no to that based on poo poo accountting?

PhazonLink fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Jun 20, 2019

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
I'm sure it's come up before but is lab/vat "meat" also another luxury item solution looking for a problem(where its more about allowing privileged people to still eat "meat" with out hurting their feefees)

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Motronic posted:

You understand that BOTH need to be up for this to work if it's internet over cell, right? n Just because a tower is up, and even connected to the voice network doesn't mean that the internet transit is up from that tower or the entire path from that cell tower to whatever lovely public cloud provider they are using, not to mention the "servers" on that cloud provider being running and working.

You are posting on a site where a lot of us are computer touchers and know exactly how fragile all of this this actually is.

but clouds are always in the sky, except when the forecast says high pressure with clear skys.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
lol at the robot overlord textbooks going "and then robo racism started because 1%ers made our earliest " " "ancestor " " " a +1st class citizen "

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
pffff and I bet you think that her emails weren't wiped with a cloth and some acid?

very acid bleach, i heard she used a nice cloth too.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Lambert posted:

Or maybe they won't be able to decode that data because the way the video or picture compression algorithm works has been lost with time. Also, the way we're burning resources now, seems unlikely there will be equipment to decode anything in the year 6000.

but what if i write the instructions on paper and on how to do it huh?

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
there's a non zerochance that a lucky customer will get a negative number and therefore get money just like with Hatreon, the nazi patreon.

(and hopefully they cash out and Uber doesnt use its legal muscle to get the money back)

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
the ultimate punks, n-D chess distruptuion with so many D that they distrupt/kill themseleves.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
this cyberpunk future really sucks

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
why did he allow the dilberrito?

did he just do it for the light wordplay? This was the 90s and 99.9999% of white Merica was still deathly afraid of mexican ethnic food and spicyness above a single molecue of black pepper

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
but isnt it worth it to use my smartphone to make toast so i can save a few mins and all for the price of telemtrics data about how and when I toast and entering my ssn number and giving a DNA sample to the toaster every morning?

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
is this the same food delivery company from a several weeks ago or a different one?

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
because it will be more expensive and worst and kill people. and richer tech bros will pay more just for status / the security blanket that they dont have a tiny penis for express solo buses that re-reinvented taxis

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Uber is run by an AI whose prime directive is make paper clisp be disruptive and something something cars?

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
isnt one of their arguments, "to make sure other driving services dont steal their dudes" moot since drivers in this industry already have all the apps competitors?

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
beta techbro billionaire of a glorified taxi service: hello I would like an l-i-f-t for I'm a weiner lul!

Chad Kochbro *creates a massive shadow network to control global gov*

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
120$ a month huh, arent the preimum levels of even fad cultlite programs sub 100$?

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
there's a lovely hamster wheel they can use for the night.

(also some techbro saw a video about other shapes of constant width that arent circles and therefore decided to literally reivent the nontwheeel)

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
this after(weeks or months ago) that article about an uber ride that a few degrees helped a kid suicide?

also reinventing buses(and other schooling transit) but worse and forprofit

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Shugojin posted:

Silicion Valley hasn't invented a real thing in decades lmao

i wonder whats the stupdiest thing or most basic thing a techbro would try to reinvent.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
lol that flying train thing is like getting dangerously close to my metal gear fanfic weapon ideas.

"rail gun? trains are on rails, what if we put nuke railgun on a robo train?"

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
theres a decent connection to the rise of the 30+ min commute and wingnut radio bullshit.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
lol at google training its AI on DarkSidePhil and pewpewdie , and other lovely streamers.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
lol at reinventing phone booths but with cancer.

(also phone booths should totally come back, because having a privacy for calls and stuff is nice.)

PhazonLink fucked around with this message at 05:15 on Oct 15, 2019

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
hasn't Japan been slowly climbing out of its recession(depression?), One of its megacorps imploding sounds bad.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Motronic posted:

No, because you have commercial concerns fighting against them presenting data in a better way.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/features/2018-06-14/trump-s-pick-to-lead-weather-agency-spent-30-years-fighting-it

oh wow its the accueweather guy, the guy that wants to create a expensive thermometer licensing system or some other sort of nightmare liberterian bullshit.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
its double verified, its like 2FA but 2VA. - some marketer that got a bonus.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Robinhood allowing this reminds me of Hatreon, the nazi Pateon, was so poorly coded that putting in a negative number took money from them and gave it to you.

(also I think I made this post before)

Also also putting in a imaginary or complex number opened a spacetime hole that sucked you into the hyperreals fin dimension.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Why can't they just put a line of code at the very end of THEALGORITHM that says "do the opposite"?

I call this "the episode where George Costanza did the opposite of what he normally did and his life actually improving" logic. Please give me a 99 figure check.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

this loving poo poo is why I'm getting the physical menus and biz cards of the local places around me, gently caress google is probably gonna to start doing this crap in a non zero amount of time.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

well atleast it didnt go back in with his hand.

edit: da gently caress is lemonade and

1)why doesnt it have the techbro spelling
2) are techbros just using common search terms hoping for SEO bullshit will make their stock number go up?

PhazonLink fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Nov 19, 2019

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
see this is why you also have burner emails and social media accounts to go along your burner worker phone.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
at least the wheels are still circles and not other shapes on constant width. I bet if Musk heard of those the car would be even more stupid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
but i thought Musk wanted to protect children(from pedos)