Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

im a rly big fan of binding of isaac, but i feel like ive just played it to loving death and i probably wont touch it again until the next expansion. what should i be on the lookout for if i liked that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

nuclear throne is the perfect game

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

trying to jack off posted:

this is the big one 4 me, hoping it goes on sale with this lunar thing :pray: . it cant be the only other game out there though right?

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>
Dark Souls.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I like Spelunky but I think a lot of people here might not?

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I really like Dungeon Crawl but since I guess you like Nuclear Throne and Binding of Isaac, that's like telling a guy who likes card games to try out NASCAR racing

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

I liked runers, and it's one of those that gets overlooked pretty easily

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

FactsAreUseless posted:

I like Spelunky but I think a lot of people here might not?

i've never heard anyone say a bad word about it

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

I.N.R.I posted:

i've never heard anyone say a bad word about it

I don't like platformers.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

im not against a roguelike with rpg elements lmao. basically as long as its very jump-in jump-out, with fairly short "runs" im happy with it. i dont want a game thats like Diablo2 long though with perma death

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Ragg posted:

I don't like platformers.

its a good game if you like platformers. actually im not too into them myself.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i cant believe i havent played spelunky yet..

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>
Play Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup op, except, everyone complains about how it's bad now. I dunno. Check it out or check out an old version or something.

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>
You can try uhh FTL.

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial

trying to jack off posted:

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

welp spelunky is 3 bucks right now lol so i got it

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

Bobnumerotres posted:

im not against a roguelike with rpg elements lmao. basically as long as its very jump-in jump-out, with fairly short "runs" im happy with it. i dont want a game thats like Diablo2 long though with perma death

nuclear throne full runs take like 15 minutes, i like spelunky a lot too but you already got that

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

also got FTL, which is also 3 drat dollars

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

spelunky is fun but ive nevr gotten past the ice caves

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Bob Just Buys Anything He's Recommended

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

Bobnumerotres posted:

Buy King of Dragon Pass, Darklands and the Legend of the Galactic Heroes box set.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Bobnumerotres posted:

assasins creed :twisted:

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Ragg posted:

Buy King of Dragon Pass, Darklands and the Legend of the Galactic Heroes box set.

buy pictures of my big dick bitch!!!

one way or another ive managed to actually own like 80% of the assassins creed games, played an hour of all of them and quit lol

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Bobnumerotres posted:

welp spelunky is 3 bucks right now lol so i got it
Post about it, I love Spelunky.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
a few of my favorite roguelikes:

100% Orange Juice: classic roguelike from japan (tip: this game plays like a board game with wacky jap poo poo in it but overall a classic rogue)

99 spirits: basically another japanese rogue like in the vein of crawl or stone soup as I like to call it, wacky jap poo poo included (anime anyone?)

afterfall: InSanity - Dirty Arena Edition: not quite what you expect out of a roguelike, its a car racing rogue like with a car upgrade premise

Age of Empires(r) III: really, ignore the first two age of empires because their rogue mechanics are outdated and really unfun. This is the true roguelike for fans of medieval based roguelikes (call MediRogue from here on out)

Audiosurf: the prequel to NecroDancer: Crypt, this is a roguelike with a music premise

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

FactsAreUseless posted:

Post about it, I love Spelunky.

ill b playing it tomorrow so ill post about it then. honestly doing this to pick up some solid SP games to play at work lol

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Black Baby Goku posted:

100% Orange Juice: classic roguelike from japan (tip: this game plays like a board game with wacky jap poo poo in it but overall a classic rogue)

99 spirits: basically another japanese rogue like in the vein of crawl or stone soup as I like to call it, wacky jap poo poo included (anime anyone?)

afterfall: InSanity - Dirty Arena Edition: not quite what you expect out of a roguelike, its a car racing rogue like with a car upgrade premise

Age of Empires(r) III: really, ignore the first two age of empires because their rogue mechanics are outdated and really unfun. This is the true roguelike for fans of medieval based roguelikes (call MediRogue from here on out)

Audiosurf: the prequel to NecroDancer: Crypt, this is a roguelike with a music premise

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Black Baby Goku posted:

Trabandiumium
Feb 20, 2010

TOME, op

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Black Baby Goku posted:

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

i like Risk of Rain but it seems to be very hit or miss among gamers

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
if you can emulate ps2 on your system, then check out Baroque. it's a crazy japanese anime roguelite where you eat spoiled meat and use a rifle to kill god. i know that sounds like a troll coming after BBG's post, but it's true.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

sector_corrector posted:

if you can emulate ps2 on your system, then check out Baroque. it's a crazy japanese anime roguelite where you eat spoiled meat and use a rifle to kill god. i know that sounds like a troll coming after BBG's post, but it's true.
I think there might have been a thread about this once.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

*remembers this is the mufucking iZ* Oh and Mario's Rusty Asscrack: Luigi Must Die Edition.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

have you tried Ron Paul's Anime Fart, OP? :D

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

i like Risk of Rain but it seems to be very hit or miss among gamers

another <3.00 dollar game, cant hurt. it looks rly cool on yt, i havent heard of it before

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

FactsAreUseless posted:

I think there might have been a thread about this once.

it's a really cool game, but there are certain parts that get tiresome.

overall though it has a cool atmosphere, interesting enemy designs, and pretty fun combat

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
FTL is really drat good, play that.

Bobnumerotres posted:

I really liked Dungeons of Dredmor when it first came out but it might be a little longer per run than what you want, also the humor might not have aged super-well as i haven't played it in a couple years. but it was fun as gently caress when i was. but it's got a lot of depth and is probably mad cheap by now.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

my bank shut down my cc cause i kept buying cheap games lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

The game the op is looking for is DOOM, the roguelike or DoomRL.

http://doom.chaosforge.org/

It has short runs and really fast turn based gameplay. Also it's loving Doom.

If you're looking for a short game don't play Crawl lol. It's my favorite roguelike and I've played it for hundreds of hours but I've only beaten it 8 times.

• Locked thread