Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

sector_corrector posted:

if you can emulate ps2 on your system, then check out Baroque. it's a crazy japanese anime roguelite where you eat spoiled meat and use a rifle to kill god. i know that sounds like a troll coming after BBG's post, but it's true.

Baroque is some loving WIN

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
in fact I told snythy to try that awhile ago iirc

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
oh yeah, i gues 1,000,000 also fits the bill, sort of.

it's like puzzle quest (RPG based around match 3 gameplay). you face generic dungeon monsters in a sidescrolling view. you have to match 3 of various symbols to kill them, unlock chests, and discover treasure.

each run takes about 3 to 7 minutes or so.

at the end of each run your character retains exp, building materials, special items, and gold that you use to upgrade your abilities

that's getting sort of far outside roguelite territory, but there are some similar elements, and it's a decently fun time killer.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
also liked coin crypt, which is sort of like a roguelite with a card game (well, coin game) combat system, but i never got very far in it

ziggurat is an FPS roguelite that some people like, but i'm not a fan of (see also tower of guns)

people love rogue legacy, which is roguelite castlevania, but the graphics and controls are way too assy for me, personally

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i enjoyed rogue legacy a lot...my standards are not high

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Rogue Legacy is poo poo from a dog's rear end.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Play Doom, the roguelike.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
rogue legacy is truly assy imo

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Evil Eagle posted:

it got old fast, but i enjoyed the ride while it lasted.

i also really liked ziggurat, but i wish it had more stuff lol. like its exactly what i want, just a nice arcadey fast shooter with randomized murder closets and some loot elements. it badly needs a sequel with more than 10 enemies lol

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

online co-op for zig would own a lot too

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Bobnumerotres posted:

i enjoyed rogue legacy a lot...my standards are not high

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

lmfao

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
rogue legacy was a great game to get for free from ps+ and play for 5 hours then uninstall

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

it was a whole 10 hours for me. i liked the feel of it but you see everything there is to see after a few runs and the music for the first area is loving annoying

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

hahaha

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

Bobnumerotres posted:

buy pictures of my big dick bitch!!!

one way or another ive managed to actually own like 80% of the assassins creed games, played an hour of all of them and quit lol

Gas.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!
Play Dungeon Crawl: Stone Soup, DoomRL, Crypt of the NecroDancer, ADOM, and Cataclysm DDA OP. Sorry for the real suggestions.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!
Nuclear Throne and Spelunky are arcade games and whoever came up with the term "roguelite" needs to be slaughtered with rocket launchers ASAP.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Evil Eagle posted:

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Evil Eagle posted:

Play Doom, the roguelike.

This.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

trying to jack off posted:

nuclear throne is the perfect game

tetris is

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

tetris is also a roguelike

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

Play Dungeon Crawl: Stone Soup, DoomRL, Crypt of the NecroDancer, ADOM, and Cataclysm DDA OP. Sorry for the real suggestions.

this, but probably not cataclysm idk it seems like a headache

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Super House of Dead Ninjas.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Hahahaaaa... *laughter turns into steady, sincere nod*

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
crypt of the necrodancer is really good, as mentioned by others in the thread

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

mysterious loyall X posted:

this, but probably not cataclysm idk it seems like a headache

The core crafting, scavenging, and combat of cataclysm is all pretty good but a bunch of retarded poo poo has been added to it over the years.

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

All of my suggestions were real and in good faith. Even though some of them aren't roguelikes.

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>
Well, most to be honest.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Also there's that one where you play an elf trying to assassinate the orc leader or whatever, so it's got a huge focus on stealth. Instead of shooting fireballs you sing songs that buff you or whatever. Cool stuff IMO.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Heavily Modded Minecraft Hardcore.

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial

Wormskull posted:

Heavily Modded Minecraft Hardcore.

:stare:

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Super House of Dead Ninjas.

this

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i wanna be the guy, i wanna be the booshy, and battletoads are roguelikes

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Oh word... That game is epic.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

There's those ones like Black Closet and where your a queen that don't wanna die that's sort of a cross between Crusader Kings and a roguelike.

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

Wormskull posted:

There's those ones like Black Closet and where your a queen that don't wanna die that's sort of a cross between Crusader Kings and a roguelike.

Are those good.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

oh yeah brogue is a rougelike and it's good even though it uses the stupid libcotid or wahtever which is actually a tileset and not ascii charas it is pretend

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>
Tiles ftw.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

oh yeah sil is really good http://www.amirrorclear.net/flowers/game/sil/ his a nice skill tree system and neat chracters, and comparatively short. alright.

• Locked thread