Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

Alexeythegreat posted:

I bought this bottle today.
This is how I ak goingto record the Bo2 update.
O guess I really am Russian,whether I like it or now.

And yes, it did take me 10 takes to write this post.[url=]

:allears:

This is gonna be magical.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

My antenna is telling me that you're probably wrong about this.
Soiled Meat

Alexeythegreat posted:

I bought this bottle today.
This is how I ak goingto record the Bo2 update.
O guess I really am Russian,whether I like it or now.

And yes, it did take me 10 takes to write this post.[url=]

Look at what BO2 has done to you. Look at the lengths you must go to to endure it.

This game's suggested retail was, what, $50 when it came out? That's just the beginning. The real cost comes later. We're beginning to see it only now.

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

I shall devour your soul.
Grimey Drawer
Okay, so, I just woke up (still not entirely sober) and there's something weird with the audio. I remember recording it, but holy poo poo that reverb :stare:

This will end up a bonus video.

Not because of reverb, but because it was all for nothing.

You'll see.

Llab
Dec 28, 2011

PEPSI FOR VG BABE
My wager is on corrupted save file.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I'm expecting two hours of rat chasing.

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

Grimey Drawer
And yes, I did remember all this. The only thing I don't remember was yelling into the microphone, but these things tend to happen when you consume that much alcohol.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Alexeythegreat posted:

(2) By getting drunk.

Det är vår grej. :sweden:

Alexeythegreat posted:

And yes, I did remember all this. The only thing I don't remember was yelling into the microphone, but these things tend to happen when you consume that much alcohol.

Haha nooooooo

That call to start playing Defiance instead seems to be become ever more justified.

MiddleOne fucked around with this message at 08:00 on Apr 26, 2016

Thesaya
May 17, 2011

I am a Plant.

Alexeythegreat posted:

Your pain is audible in this...

Also, brännvinsbältet ftw! We are just so good at getting drunk!

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

That was all that I ever wanted.
And so much more. :allears:

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

Grimey Drawer
The people are happy, meaning that I am happy.

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

Grimey Drawer
The next update is 38 minutes long :shepicide:

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

Grimey Drawer

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

.... I finished this game once. Why did I finish this game? How did I finish this game? Also why can't I remember anything of it*?

*last question is rhetorical. I'm glad my brain doesn't remember anything of this thing.

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

All the best octopodes shoot fire and ice.
My brain remembers the jump dark gift and little else. Those jumps are cool.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
It's me, I like Kain's last outfit. In defense: if more of the game was overblown and silly to fit with it, it'd be hella more fun.
Also the random spikes just scream "nineties". Too bad it came out ten years late.

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

Grimey Drawer

anilEhilated posted:

It's me, I like Kain's last outfit. In defense: if more of the game was overblown and silly to fit with it, it'd be hella more fun.
Also the random spikes just scream "nineties". Too bad it came out ten years late.

Agreed, which is why the Eternal Prison is the high point of the game, even if with the idiotic eulogy to the pyromaniac in the end.

---
Unrelated, I have beaten the game. I am almost free.

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

Grimey Drawer
I have finally picked up my controller a few days ago and now I'm playing Darksiders to learn how to use that thing.
I've managed to lose two lives in the first 45 seconds of the game on easy difficulty.
It's like I'm trying to write with both hands at once. How do you people even do this?

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

Grimey Drawer
The second to last update. We're almost done. I am almost free.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Alexeythegreat posted:

I have finally picked up my controller a few days ago and now I'm playing Darksiders to learn how to use that thing.
I've managed to lose two lives in the first 45 seconds of the game on easy difficulty.
It's like I'm trying to write with both hands at once. How do you people even do this?

Childhood indocrination

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

Soiled Meat

Alexeythegreat posted:

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Childhood indocrination

Invert the y axis like Goldeneye taught you.

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

Grimey Drawer
Goldeneye never taught me anything, because I never had Goldeneye. Or an N64.

That said, I did invert the Y axis. Doesn't help. I can go through things that just require me to repeatedly mash the X button (zombies), but using the right control stick and the face buttons/triggers is impossible. I can only do it while standing perfectly still. Trying to use the right stick while in motion results in me just confusing the sticks and completely losing spatial awareness, and using face buttons and triggers results in me pressing the wrong one half the time. Say, if I want to dodge something, the only way I can do this is if I place my index finger on the right face button in advance and brace myself to spefically press that exact button and nothing else.

I also confuse A and B all the time.

Now I know how senior people feel when they try and use new technology for the first time.

Except I'm 21. drat.

nutri_void fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Apr 29, 2016

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
You'll get used to it. You didn't have the muscle memory for mouse and keyboard at one point either.

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

I believe in you Alexey, you can do it. I couldn't get used to mouse + keyboard for the longest time after growing up with consoles.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Traitor of the PC gamer master race! It starts with controllers and ends with, yuck, consoles.
I sympathise, actually. I never had a console but and recently tried to play Witcher 3 on my sister's PS4 and it was an utter disaster even though I've beaten the game before on my trusty keyboard.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
From my experience controllers are generally better for RPGs, platformers, actiony adventure/RPGs, fighters, beat/shoot'em ups, etc' while keyboard+mouse I like better for strategy games and shooters. Obviously things get more complicated when you go into specifics (ie Baldur's Gate wants a mouse + keyboard), and some genres are hard to assign to a specific preferred control scheme.

FighterKnuckles
Apr 17, 2010

The truth is in sight!
I've slowly working through your backlog of this entire series, since I have always been really curious about the Legacy of Kain games but never got the chance to play any myself. I am just regularly astounded at this game in particular. I know it was made by an entirely different team, but it just feels completely disconnected from anything that Soul Reaver establishes that I'm kinda boggled a bit. Also I was waiting for the scene to change for Kain to leave the city, but, uh, welp :v:

I just want to say thanks for all the bullshit, Alexey, and I hope that it didn't crush your soul too much.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

I'm just watching for the schadenfreude at this point, but I sympathize with Alexei putting himself through this awful game and am amazed I managed to beat it way back in the day and then somehow remember it being far better than it actually is.

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

Grimey Drawer
The last update is coming.

----

FighterKnuckles posted:

I've slowly working through your backlog of this entire series, since I have always been really curious about the Legacy of Kain games but never got the chance to play any myself. I am just regularly astounded at this game in particular. I know it was made by an entirely different team, but it just feels completely disconnected from anything that Soul Reaver establishes that I'm kinda boggled a bit. Also I was waiting for the scene to change for Kain to leave the city, but, uh, welp :v:

I just want to say thanks for all the bullshit, Alexey, and I hope that it didn't crush your soul too much.

You are welcome. We play this so you don't have to :v:

Mr. Fortitude posted:

I'm just watching for the schadenfreude at this point, but I sympathize with Alexei putting himself through this awful game and am amazed I managed to beat it way back in the day and then somehow remember it being far better than it actually is.

Almost everybody remembers it as being better than it is. Memory just blocks 90% of it out.

nutri_void fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Apr 29, 2016

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

Grimey Drawer
And so the torment ends.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Thank God for that. At least you can focus on Defiance with this piece of crap out of mind. Thanks for the LP.

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

Soiled Meat
Play through the whole thing again. Try for a "no switch" run, because I find the switches tedious.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
If the first phase of the fight was the last it would improve the battle by making it end in a comically anticlimactic fashion. Also the Lord wouldn't get his final speaking lines, making the game end a couple minutes sooner.

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

Cathode Raymond posted:

Play through the whole thing again. Try for a "no switch" run, because I find the switches tedious.

Nah, stealth kills only run. That's the best way to play it.

Oblivion4568238
Oct 10, 2012

The Inquisition.
What a show.
The Inquisition.
Here. We. Go.
College Slice
Thank you for your suffering, Alexey. To be honest, though, watching the videos was suffering too, even as someone who played the game himself. It's quite a rare thing for a game to be so bad that it tanks an LP about it, but Blood Omen 2 certainly managed. This absolutely does not reflect on your own LP skills, of course, Blood Omen 2 is just that bad. Looking forward to watching you regain your sanity through the rest of Defiance.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
Yeah I actually had some fond memories of Blood Omen 2 (while knowing it was still pretty bad) but I gave up at The Device. I'd have liked to watch a bit of the Wharves for the massive Daemons and I'll watch some of the ending, but that's it. Just the first 30 seconds of ep 31 is just so terrible as you consta-block the first guy to charge up the Immolation as the second Hylden just stands there waiting his turn. Just the way the game plays, so terrible, Defiance is such a breath of fresh air.

I kinda feel bad for my housemates from ~12 years ago, they played through Soul Reaver 2 and Blood Omen 2 with me, and then I bought, finished and returned Defiance over the Xmas period so they never got to experience a truly fun Kain game.

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

Grimey Drawer
I just looked into Joudas' thread from a decade ago out of curiosity and I can't help but chuckle at how the last few pages are entirely BO2 chat, triggered pretty much by the sole fact that he didn't LP it, and people wanted to see it back then.

An SSLP of this would have probably been somewhat palatable (unlike the VLP, because I know that the game is hilariously tedious and aberrant and I know drat well that it's impossible to watch unless you're really into watching someone's will to live slowly wither away), since the entire game would be condensed to maybe 3 updates, but I don't think there is anyone alive who would have the willpower and tenacity to SSLP this pile of trash. I couldn't even do post-commentary by the end of it, simply because the game bits were unbearable to sit through multiple times.

Inb4 I'm proven wrong in 10 years.

nutri_void fucked around with this message at 15:00 on Apr 30, 2016

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

So
When the boss fight starts one of my extensions started playing this:
http://youtubedoubler.com/?video1=h...Ayarkhaan+Enemy

It fit so goddamn well.

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 15:58 on Apr 30, 2016

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

Soiled Meat

Alexeythegreat posted:

I just looked into Joudas' thread from a decade ago out of curiosity and I can't help but chuckle at how the last few pages are entirely BO2 chat, triggered pretty much by the sole fact that he didn't LP it, and people wanted to see it back then.

An SSLP of this would have probably been somewhat palatable (unlike the VLP, because I know that the game is hilariously tedious and aberrant and I know drat well that it's impossible to watch unless you're really into watching someone's will to live slowly wither away), since the entire game would be condensed to maybe 3 updates, but I don't think there is anyone alive who would have the willpower and tenacity to SSLP this pile of trash. I couldn't even do post-commentary by the end of it, simply because the game bits were unbearable to sit through multiple times.

Inb4 I'm proven wrong in 10 years.

Yeah, no one could do a BO2 sslp. There's not a human alive - or who has ever lived - who has the fortitude for that, and that's unlikely to change.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
There's only so many times the human brain can process a screenshot of Kain turning a valve before rebelling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
That would be the entire LP, a series of wheel turnings.

• Locked thread