Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

For some reason, I remembered this area to be the last one in the game. So then I looked up a walkthrough and realized there is still two chapters to go and my false memories were just wishful thinking. This game might be the best argument for why a game being longer is not always necessarily better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012
I've just noticed that the button in the SR2 thread linking to the poll for BO2 thread title was labeled "The poll".

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

I shall devour your soul.
Grimey Drawer

Aumanor posted:

I've just noticed that the button in the SR2 thread linking to the poll for BO2 thread title was labeled "The poll".

That was before the suppressed memories came back.

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

Grimey Drawer
Hi, I am wharves. I suck balls.

Thesaya
May 17, 2011

I am a Plant.
Squeekasquee, squeekasquee, squeakasquee...

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
I really want to know why this game turned out as bland as it did.

Death Zebra
May 14, 2014

anilEhilated posted:

I am arachnophobic as gently caress. I play RPGs as far from the screen as I can get in case the fuckers pop up.

You'd have loved White Knight Chronicles then. 30+ feet tall spiders were a regular encounter. One once spotted me from the distant background and ran right up to my character. I was like "Argh!". Luckily it was a water elemental spider which were the least repugnant looking kind. Oh, and killing a swarm of smaller spiders was one of the best ways to grind exp.

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

Grimey Drawer
:effort:
However, I believe that due to the gravity of the circumstances and the fact that it's update 28 why is this game so drat long I am excused.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Help me: (No)t a love story

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I have no idea what meme you were talking about. I'm not hip and with it.

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

Grimey Drawer
I think I forgot to save the game after the last recording.
Maybe.
I'm scared of launching the game now.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
Afraid to find you did save and don't have that excuse to stop the LP? Because you can stop any time, don't hurt yourself for our sakes.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

But then who will defeat the Sarafan Lord by constantly blocking his attacks?

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

It's only forever, not long at all

Lunethex posted:

But then who will defeat the Sarafan Lord by constantly blocking his attacks?

Raziel of-course! You remember him when he was mentioned once and never again?

Rose Wreck
Jun 15, 2012
Umah's whole arc is like a blank space. She knows she can't take the enemy on alone, so she helps Kain along without any signs of suspicion, betrays him suddenly because she's afraid of his rule, steals his plot device, goes off to take the enemy alone, literally does not get anywhere, and is next found dying. Kain does exactly what he usually does and exactly what he said he'd do. Nobody learned anything - even when she's agreeing with him it's clearly playing along - and nothing changed.

Kain even pointed out they didn't steal the plot device when he woke up. Why didn't she secret it while hauling his unconscious body around and tell him a Sarafan had carried it off? At least something interesting might happen before she was forced to reveal it.

I know a character model with boobs pointing in two cardinal directions hints her motivations didn't get a lot of attention, but this feels flabby and wasted in a story that can't afford any more extra weight.

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

Grimey Drawer
I dread it because I don't want to play through that part again. But I will if I have to. This is the home stretch (is that what it's called? Sorry, not an expert on the US-exclusive sports), the final frontier, literally the last 90 minutes of the ga...

...I still have an hour and a half of this.

drat.

Rose Wreck posted:

Umah's whole arc is like a blank space. She knows she can't take the enemy on alone, so she helps Kain along without any signs of suspicion, betrays him suddenly because she's afraid of his rule, steals his plot device, goes off to take the enemy alone, literally does not get anywhere, and is next found dying. Kain does exactly what he usually does and exactly what he said he'd do. Nobody learned anything - even when she's agreeing with him it's clearly playing along - and nothing changed.

Kain even pointed out they didn't steal the plot device when he woke up. Why didn't she secret it while hauling his unconscious body around and tell him a Sarafan had carried it off? At least something interesting might happen before she was forced to reveal it.

I know a character model with boobs pointing in two cardinal directions hints her motivations didn't get a lot of attention, but this feels flabby and wasted in a story that can't afford any more extra weight.

Don't forget it's BO2 we're talking about :v:

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

Grimey Drawer
I plan to start recording update 29 in a few hours. In the meantime, I need thread's assistance on how I should go about it.

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

Grimey Drawer
Seeing as the tally is 7-1 in favor of "yes", I think I'll start the preparations.

And yes, it is almost midnight for me.

Edit: now it's 8-1

nutri_void fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Apr 23, 2016

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

Grimey Drawer
Launched the game, and yes, I did forget to save it.
Well, seems like I'll be drinking all the blood this time, except I will also be taking a drink myself each time. So, yeah, a drinking game. For me alone in my miserable solitude as I am powering through the wharves again.
I hope I avoid alcohol poisoning.

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

Grimey Drawer
Fun fact: the paper on the right is the list of collectibles in Defiance.
I am thus prepared in more ways than one.

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

Grimey Drawer
One glass in, the game crashed.
It's gonna be fun.

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

Grimey Drawer
The voting continues. Turns out that 300 ml of whisky that I had are not enough to get me anywhere beyond slightly buzzed, so I'll try again tomorrow, assuming that the poll doesn't make a u-turn.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Who are the two horrible people who voted no? :argh:

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Xoidanor posted:

Who are the two horrible people who voted no? :argh:

Probably concerned that he'll get alcohol poisoning.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Alexey is Russian right? If so you have nothing to worry about. He has an innate resistance to alcohol poisoning greater than that of the Irish!

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

It's only forever, not long at all

Lunethex posted:

Alexey is Russian right? If so you have nothing to worry about. He has an innate resistance to alcohol poisoning greater than that of the Irish!

And only beaten by the Latvians

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

Grimey Drawer
I didn't expect to be as resistant, seeing as I'm not a drinker at all and the last time I got properly drunk was before I turned 18. I honestly thought that the 2/5 of the bottle I had left at the moment would be enough to get me completely hammered, but instead I'll have to wait until tomorrow, because Swedish liquor stores are closed on Sundays, which is something I forgot to take into account :v:

I'm rendering more Defiance now instead.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Systembolaget :argh:

Despite their silly opening hours I do miss their selection when living abroad for longer periods.

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

Grimey Drawer
I miss being able to hop into my car at 2 am and get something at a 24/7 store.
Except alcohol, that is no longer sold after, I think, 9 pm. Or 10 pm. I forget.

Thesaya
May 17, 2011

I am a Plant.

Alexeythegreat posted:

I miss being able to hop into my car at 2 am and get something at a 24/7 store.
Except alcohol, that is no longer sold after, I think, 9 pm. Or 10 pm. I forget.

You must not live in a big city then, we do have 24/7 shops here.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
I wonder if there are any concept pictures of the Mass. All screenshots I find are way too goddamn dark to even be able to tell what the thing looks like.

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Thesaya posted:

You must not live in a big city then, we do have 24/7 shops here.

You are correct, I live in Uppsala. The other thing is that my car is in a different country entirely :v:

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

anilEhilated posted:

I wonder if there are any concept pictures of the Mass. All screenshots I find are way too goddamn dark to even be able to tell what the thing looks like.

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

Grimey Drawer

I'm laughing way too hard for having no idea who that is.
Edit: Google image search is a thing and now I know who that is.

nutri_void fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Apr 25, 2016

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

The butt of every fat lady joke since the mid 00's

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

Grimey Drawer
Trip report: I like Aberfeldy 16 better than Glenmorangie 10.
To think I almost bought an islay, too.

Time to reinforce national stereotypes.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Alexeythegreat posted:

Trip report: I like Aberfeldy 16 better than Glenmorangie 10.
To think I almost bought an islay, too.

Why the hell not tho
I mean Laphraoig and Lagavulin are some kickass whiskeys.

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Apr 25, 2016

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Alexeythegreat posted:

Trip report: I like Aberfeldy 16 better than Glenmorangie 10

Official production budget of this Blood Omen 2 LP: at least 579 + 234 krona. :stare:

Alexeythegreat posted:

By not drinking vodka...?

MiddleOne fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Apr 25, 2016

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Why the hell not tho
I mean Laphraoig and Lagavulin are some kickass whiskeys.

Because it's highly unlikely that I'll be able to enjoy, or maybe even handle an islay. One day I will try, but not today.
I distill my fruity-flowery hippie highlands with a lot more water than anyone ever should, anyway, and something tells me that stronger whiskys will require me do dump so much water into them that I may as well add cola. Which I will not do under any circumstances. Because it's sacrilege. Towards both cola and whisk(e)y.

Xoidanor posted:

(1) Official production budget of this LP Blood Omen 2 LP: at least 579 + 234 krona. :stare:

(2) By not drinking vodka...?

(1) Du glömmer att jag köpte också BO2 :v: That's another 6 Euros.

(2) By getting drunk.
Fun fact: I actually hate vodka. I can handle it, but I don't enjoy it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

Grimey Drawer
I bought this bottle today.
This is how I ak goingto record the Bo2 update.
O guess I really am Russian,whether I like it or now.

And yes, it did take me 10 takes to write this post.[url=]

• Locked thread