Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

laffo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
Lol I'm glad someone else noticed how horrible is. It doesn't even look like a U and I have no idea what it is

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Stereotype posted:

Lol I'm glad someone else noticed how horrible is. It doesn't even look like a U and I have no idea what it is

it's what travis kalanik thinks the inside of his butthole looks like, the "bit" is just flash shadow from the sigmoidoscope

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
Andrew Crow, Uber’s head of design, has announced that he’s leaving the company. Since joining in 2014, he helped grow Uber’s design team from 30 to nearly 200 while leading "all aspects of design," according to his LinkedIn, "including Product, Brand, Marketing, Content Strategy & Copywriting, and Design Research. "

[the same day] Uber revealed a new widely ridiculed rebranding, which was spearheaded by CEO Travis Kalanick and design director Shalin Amin.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
why aren't the background lines visible in the center square? there should be four intersecting lines there.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I hear about these 100+ person design/ux teams and my mind boggles

we support 80 applications across 4 lines of business and and if you include our project managers and content team we're still well under 100 people, maybe 70? ~40 of whom are designers or design managers I guess that doesn't include the brand team since that's enterprise-level but still

qirex fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Feb 9, 2016

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

The Management posted:

why aren't the background lines visible in the center square? there should be four intersecting lines there.

bad production design, instead of making a cutout they just drew on top of the circle although that might be the intentional

craisins
May 17, 2004

A DRIIIIIIIIIIIIVE!
you guys have designers? why do i always work at places without designers and since i know css, i turn into the "designer"

someone else tell me what poo poo should look like, i'm just going to use base bootstrap

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
It looks like a toilet paper roll lol

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
They went from looking like a trash can to looking like something that is covered in poo poo

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

The Management posted:

actually no, if you look closely you'll see that the square + line are almost imperceptibly lighter than the background, they're supposed to be distinct from it but are almost identically colored for god knows what reason

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

ask me anything about robots
Buglord

Stereotype posted:

i'm glad you agree

it's the stupidest loving logo one could propose. the fact that they're a $50 billion startup doesn't make it better.

if they wanted to make it any worse, they should use comic sans to spell out
"uber" below it

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
Is it a tire??? Is it a record player? Are the lines in the background supposed to be like streets in some future-topia where everything is perfectly curved?

And why is it a U on its side?? Did the uninsured driver you sort of paid to take you home while drunk roll the car over?

I'm getting madder and madder that this guy in charge of Uber is rich even though he is clearly the loving worst at this.

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.
he's the ideas guy and got mad paid for it

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
still a classic

https://ia.net/know-how/logo-bullshit-co-inc

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.

qirex posted:

we support 80 applications across 4 lines of business and and if you include our project managers and content team we're still well under 100 people, maybe 70? ~40 of whom are designers or design managers I guess that doesn't include the brand team since that's enterprise-level but still
We have 0 dedicated UX people and exponential user growth, gently caress that. product managers for life

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

"There is nothing wrong with loving brands or branding as such (I do)"

Agreed, I also love brands

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Syncopated posted:

"There is nothing wrong with loving brands or branding as such (I do)"

well you say that, but have you actually made love to a brand?

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

Condiv posted:

well you say that, but have you actually made love to a brand?

It was just sex, i wouldn't call it "making love" tbh

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Syncopated posted:

same

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

i actually liked that one v:shobon:v

exe cummings
Jan 22, 2005

Vulture Culture posted:

We have 0 dedicated UX people and exponential user growth, gently caress that. product managers for life

We have a team of 8 ux guys for a developer group of 500+ people. They are widely reviled since they're the ones that often have to tell a manager that yes, the scroll bar is there for a reason, and no you shouldn't change all the <hr>s to an animated gif of a train driving across the screen

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

jeez it's not that bad!

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

qirex posted:

UX people I can understand but brand people are a total loving scam

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
That was probablt a U for a long time and then genius CEO man said "what if we turn it 90 degrees CCW to give it movement and everybody clapped

also bits and atoms lol

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth

lol

its custom

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

qirex posted:

i dont get it either. we have a growing number of apps and dozens of hardware product lines and our 3 design guys plus an intern do the ui/ux for all the apps and all the hardware products. how can twitter have a hundred ui people i dont get it at all

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

NoneMoreNegative posted:

jeez it's not that bad!

lol I just realized that everyone is going to have to replace their recognizable "U" logo sticker with this horrible octopus toilet paper cyborg thing that no one recognizes.

This logo change is SO DUMB

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Stereotype posted:

lol I just realized that everyone is going to have to replace their recognizable "U" logo sticker with this horrible octopus toilet paper cyborg thing that no one recognizes.

do the drivers have to use the red driver app logo on their cars or do they use the green customer app logo?

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

i remember a graphic designer telling me you never make things perfectly center as it fucks with peoples heads and just being off a bit keeps our brains calm

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!

Vintersorg posted:

i remember a graphic designer telling me you never make things perfectly center as it fucks with peoples heads and just being off a bit keeps our brains calm

rule of thirds!!!

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Stereotype posted:

if you dont change branding every few years then what would you do with your branding department?!?!

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOl2FOw_FYo

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Vintersorg posted:

taht is pure bullshit

what fucks with youre head is the subtle irritation of barely perceived irregularity

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

:eyetwitch:

exe cummings
Jan 22, 2005

aaaaaaaa

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008