Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
It would get them off the streets and at the same time potentially advance civilization. Are there any downsides?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
:yosbutt: I don't know how to draw stink lines

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax
no

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

the Tumblrites would be all over you

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

symbolic posted:

the Tumblrites would be all over you

Most homeless people are Cis white males. It would be elating to the tumblr children, I think

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

TBH a lot of homeless people already volunteer for the medical trials anyway.

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

TBH a lot of homeless people already volunteer for the medical trials anyway.

If we allow genetic testing on them, one of them might perhaps change the world and become famous throughout all of human history. I think that is what people are afraid of.

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
I see no issues with the idea. Would like to be able to see humanity perfect head transplants and the like. When this feeble body is at its end I'd like to have my head attached to a healthy homeless person's body (in perpetuity) so I can live forever. :shrug:

Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker

Poetic Justice posted:

If we allow genetic testing on them, one of them might perhaps change the world and become famous throughout all of human history. I think that is what people are afraid of.

OP you are literally describing how a horror movie monster/genetic supervillain gets his start! You want to be that naive scientist that lets loose a monster on the city!

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
Superpowered mutant bums, OP.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
They might get fantastic special abilities

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

Animal-Mother posted:

Superpowered mutant bums, OP.

for serious. you want bums who are strong enough to pick up a car?

Happy Bear Suit
Jul 21, 2004

ppl would do all sorts or morally and ethically messed up stuff and get away with it because theyre homeless and nobody in society will give a poo poo, i guess.

also supermutant bums.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Horniest Manticore posted:

for serious. you want bums who are strong enough to pick up a car?

"Can you spare a dollar?"

*charges laser eyes*

Bastard Tetris
Apr 27, 2005

L-Shaped

Nap Ghost
it's really loving hard getting non homeless people to follow directions of clinical trials, homeless patients would keep asking me for money and thunderbird and poo poo

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

Bastard Tetris posted:

it's really loving hard getting non homeless people to follow directions of clinical trials, homeless patients would keep asking me for money and thunderbird and poo poo

I don't know what thunderbird is but can't you just give it to them. what's the problem

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Poetic Justice posted:

It would get them off the streets and at the same time potentially advance civilization. Are there any downsides?

you create a race of super hobos that don't die off in the frozen winters.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Pitdragon posted:

OP you are literally describing how a horror movie monster/genetic supervillain gets his start! You want to be that naive scientist that lets loose a monster on the city!

the super villian who seeks to assemble the world's most superior genes from homeless people

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

a hole-y ghost posted:

the super villian who seeks to assemble the world's most superior genes from homeless people

or figure out how to eradicate the unwanted ones.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Microwaves Mom posted:

or figure out how to eradicate the unwanted ones.
after many thousands of man hours of research and millions of dollars, we find that the specific homeless people we wish to eradicate are .05% more likely to be deathly allergic to cilantro than the general population.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
You've done it, you've solved the homeless problem AND a research problem

I'm calling the Nobel Prize people right now

Jukeboxblues
Jul 29, 2015

Grimey Drawer
you're a fuskcing IDIOT op!! Whast if we make them into superhauman ppl and then they just break into everywhere just to steal METH?????? ut would be CHAOS

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
Your results would be skewed from not having pure specimens that aren't tainted by drugs, mental illness, and whatever physical ailments that they have.

Lafarg
Jul 23, 2012

There is a product research lab where I live locally that smears poor people with cosmetics and experimental sunscreens. Then they will have them walk on a treadmill for quite sometime for like 30 bucks a session. If they survive a few rounds the product is ready to go to the FDA for approval. Although considering their meals are usually out of a dumpster I suspect they can survive most things and therefore are not a really good source for controlled studies.

The Snark
May 19, 2008

by Cowcaster
Pretty edgy, OP. Clearly you are a visionary.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
people live in homes if you dont live in a home youre obviously an animal

Stik3
Jan 28, 2015

From President of the colonies to this.
You're right OP we should stop all animal trials immediately and turn to homeless trials

Gasbraai
Oct 25, 2010

Lictor my Dictor
Hmm, an interesting proposal OP, while we are at it, we should give all homeless people free guns as well.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Why stop with the Homeless, OP?

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

Kuato posted:

I see no issues with the idea. Would like to be able to see humanity perfect head transplants and the like. When this feeble body is at its end I'd like to have my head attached to a healthy homeless person's body (in perpetuity) so I can live forever. :shrug:

all those healthy homeless

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax

Ahundredbux posted:

all those healthy homeless

tbf it's usually the head that isn't healthy

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

TacticalUrbanHomo posted:

tbf it's usually the head that isn't healthy

And the genitals.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:
"why odnt we just put the homeless people in camps?" -- privileged white middle class south park watcher

good job shitler

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

A misanthrope posted:

"why odnt we just put the homeless people in camps?" -- privileged white middle class south park watcher

good job shitler

Why don't we just put homelss people in NICE camps where they can do useful work and fix their various problems?

LordArgh
Mar 17, 2009

Nap Ghost
why don't we put all the homeless into specially made gas vans where they are killed by the exhaust fumes as it drives to the prepared mass graves

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Why don't we build all the homeless people homes and find jobs for them and exterminate the mentally ill ones incapable of work?

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

just quoting to read gimme a sec

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

sorry can't read ur ooga booga language

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

Applewhite posted:

Why don't we just put homelss people in NICE camps where they can do useful work and fix their various problems?

useful work, huh? ok we'll call them "work camps."

sounds sweet! :hfive:

• Locked thread