Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

~Water flowers every day~
Back in late October I was at a Halloween party with a bunch of people I had never met and I made some sort of offhand reference to One-Punch Man. Immediately, about four people called me on it and launched into a hearty discussion about the show's merits and how it compares to the manga.

These folks were normal, well-adjusted, married working adults. None of them were wearing DBZ Hawaiian silk shirts. None of them were fat stinky neckbeards. None of them felt it necessary to go on tangential rants about Madoka.

What I'm trying to say is, One-Punch Man saved anime's reputation with the normies, and that's really cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

DoubleDonut posted:

How many of them said that it's not REALLY anime, it's not like all those others

None of them included any qualifiers or felt it necessary to distance themselves from other works. It was a Halloween miracle.

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

Endorph posted:

you should have told them about chihayafuru

I got fairly drunk at that party, so for all I know I did exactly that.

• Locked thread