Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

K. Flaps posted:

North Americans should be murdered.

this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

K. Flaps posted:

The simple fact that one of the biggest faces of the marvel multimedia machine is called Captain America is already more disgusting than what most manga and anime can produce. American comic book writers and readers should be first against the wall.

loving american pigs

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

americans are disgusting

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

the last american show i watched was 12 episodes of racist white girls being racist before half of them got killed

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

JordanKai posted:

Pretty much the only anime that ever air on TV where I live are Pokémon and toy tie-in stuff like Bakugan and Inazuma 11. When I was in high school occasionally things like Bobobo and Shaman King would make it over, but I don't think that kind of thing happens any more. So people don't really know what anime is and if you'd try to explain it to them they would probably just be thinking of kids shows. That said, there was never any moral crusade against anime out here (not even after someone went on a Death Note-inspired killing spree) so at least we've got that going for us.

Anecdotally, I remember one time I was eating lunch with some classmates in college and we ended up talking about anime for reasons I don't remember. One of them watched Naruto regularly and another one read up on Bleach from time to time. They were nice dudes, the rowdy sports-y type that I didn't expect to be into anime at all. Being able to talk about anime unabashedly with people I was acquainted with but not actually friends with was a nice experience.

So being an anime watcher out here isn't such a bad deal, because people are either neutral or positive about it (in my experience). That said I still keep it to myself most of the time because it's still a niche geek hobby that most people wouldn't care to hear about. :shobon:

allez een belg

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

there's curry for every show. its just normal curry, with a picture on the cover

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

dogsicle posted:

the Girls und Panzer tank models that are just tanks, not even with miniatures of the girls

really low quality ones too, and they still include the normal guy figures you get with normal model tanks lol

• Locked thread