Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Anime backlash is only a gay rear end gringo thing, where I live there's a billion dweebs walking with death note shirts and they fill the giant convention centers where they hold anime cons. Latinos win again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Four Score posted:

in an era where sectors of popular culture that began firmly rooted in the fringe have grown into the mainstream, perhaps continuing to be unrepentant weirdos is how anime fans keep the girls out of their treehouse so to speak, like a wild animal pissing on itself to repel predators

There's a shitton of girls who like anime and except for the sexy cosplayers they are mostly as repellent as the men.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

K. Flaps posted:

North Americans should be murdered.

I hate them so much.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

K. Flaps posted:

Would be chill if everyone who wants to talk about Godard would have to spend some time talking about how disgusting Serbian Film and Gang Rape Bus 69 or whatever is

I watched a Serbian Film with my mom as a a prank

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Endorph posted:

american media churns out superhero movies and reboots

Marvel is going to make 30 movies until 2020 and I feel like western civilization has reached its lowest point

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Downton Abbey is british and Trailer Park Boys is canadian so I reccomend those

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Srice posted:

The easiest western comparison to LNs is YA lit

This, although Overlord is far superior than any stupid rear end YA has ever been made

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Motto posted:

that sounds awful tbh

kickstarter is a massive loving scam lmao dude

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Butt Frosted Cake posted:

I think Orientalism is an interesting *in Zizek voice* ideology. People believe they have something to gain by setting themselves as the opposite of the other half of the world. So if the west is the bastion of feminism necessarily the Orient is not, seeking out any of the hosed up poo poo in the industry is just confirming what they already know. Doesn't really matter that Sazae-san, the longest running anime of all time, is about a feminist etc. What I'm trying to say is that Orientalism by Edward Said is a good book

I love the East and I believe it will save humanity from the horrid system that is liberal capitalistic "democracy"

• Locked thread