Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Srice
Sep 11, 2011

The easiest western comparison to LNs is YA lit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

.jpg posted:

I hate anime...
But... maybe I can learn to love anime?
Maybe it's okay for me to like anime?
That's right.... it's anime, nothing more, nothing less
I watch anime.
I want to watch anime...
I want to watch anime!
And it's okay for me to watch anime!!

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

littleorv posted:

I'm going to answer the op seriously and I hope I don't regret it.

As someone who avoided anime like the plague until almost two years ago now I'll offer my thoughts. I never really watched anime when I was younger aside from pokemon and DBZ but I decided I wanted to grow up one day and stopped watching them. Anime didn't really come onto my radar until I was in high school and the really weird and socially awkward people would talk way too loudly about it. So I made the connection between weirdos and anime and never payed much attention to them. I remember they talked about Hetalia a lot and which characters totally wanted to date each other and whatever. It was also around this time I started spending more time on the Internet and the people who really liked anime there were also pretty weird and always talked about gross incest stuff and sexist poo poo which soured my perception on it even more.

When I first started watching anime my previous experiences with it made it so that I was really embarrassed about it. Of course now I know that was really dumb and it was nothing to be embarrassed about but my previous misconceptions about it were that strong. Now if someone asked me about anime I would say that I watch it but I don't go out of my way to talk about anime with people that aren't really into it. Much like other things, there are topics that are more appropriate depending on the person.

Sincerity is good so I hope you have no regrets about this post!

• Locked thread