Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phuzun
Jul 4, 2007

Reset VR in Assetto Corsa should be mappable through the UI control options as the Celebrate button, if I'm not mistaken. I honestly want them to put time into VR once consumer versions are out and I am sure the community will press it more, later. It is really good looking and runs smoothly, though to much of the game is missing in VR as nearly everything is done through in-game menus which don't work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phuzun
Jul 4, 2007

That new track looks awesome, hopefully they get some better VR support with the consumer releases rolling out now. That Mustang was so fun on Nordschliefe in Project Cars, can't wait to do it in AC.

Phuzun
Jul 4, 2007

Cojawfee posted:

Yeah, that's outdated. Here's some new info to replace that:

Project Cars: Fully supports Oculus Rift and HTC Vive

Live For Speed: Fully supports Oculus Rift and HTC Vive

iRacing: Currently supports Oculus Rift DK2. Work is being done to support Rift CV1, no info yet on HTC Vive

Assetto Corsa: After much childish behavior from both consumers and the developer, Rift CV1 is being worked on. HTC Vive will be considered when he receives it.

Dirt Rally: Recently messed up their update and there is no VR support at all anymore. It's being worked on and maybe Rift CV1 soon.

For now, Rift CV1 support = Rift DK2 support. DK2 is not officially supported by Oculus anymore but it still works for the time being. It is not guaranteed to work forever.

VR racing is so enjoyable.

Haven't been playing Dirt recently, it used to have a bug in VR that made it render at a lower resolution, this very pixilated. Hope they fix this for the cv1 update.

Happy that AC is finally getting updated. I still play on my dk2 with a runtime switch and the in game details are so much better than project cars. Though the car setup and other menus aren't rendered, so full support will be a huge improvement.

Project Cars was really improved with the consumer release. No more shadow bug and performance is improved. It would be great if they fully rendered the interiors, though it is rare that you ever actually look behind yourself in a race versus using mirrors. I'd play this more if I could nail down good g27 settings, honestly.

Phuzun
Jul 4, 2007

Using a DK2 and ask really happy with the new VR. Great graphics that I liked with the old SDK and now the UI works, which I wasn't expecting right away. Performance is good on my gtx780 until I add 23 opponents, then it seems to just immediately cut the fps in half. Totally going to buy that DLC as well.

Phuzun
Jul 4, 2007

peter gabriel posted:

Does AC work in VR yet?

It works with oculus 1.3, not updated for Vive yet. The main setup menus are not VR, though the in game apps and menus are working.

Phuzun
Jul 4, 2007

Cojawfee posted:

For anyone interested in doing Assetto Corsa in VR, I highly suggest using Virtual Desktop (I don't know if big screen works the same way in this case, but give it a try as it's free). Put your Rift on and launch Virtual Desktop. Open up assetto corsa and go through the menus like normal. When you go to drive, the rift will automatically switch to running AC in VR. When you quit out back to the menu, it will automatically load back into Virtual Desktop. If you get a black screen, press the oculus button twice on the remote.

I didn't spend much time trying to use virtual desktop with my dk2 and AC, it didn't work like this for me though. Any idea what the double oculus button push is doing, since I don't have that? Perhaps the same as double xbox one button press?

Also, Assetto Corsa runs way better than Project Cars in VR. Using the Oculus Debug Utility allows you to increase the rendering pixels to make it look easy better too.

Phuzun
Jul 4, 2007

Cojawfee posted:

When was this? Was it a long time ago before Oculus Home came out? I'm not entirely sure why it works this way but I'm glad it does. Pressing the Oculus home button (or the xbox button on an xbox controller) just brings up the Oculus menu that allows you to exit to Home, bring up the IPD adjustment guide and reset the tracking center. Pressing it again goes back to Virtual Desktop and fixes whatever bug it was that caused it to go back to a black screen.

Okay, that makes sense since it seemed to begin loading and then quit back to the "desktop". I've only been using my DK2 for racing sims, haven't finished Chronos. And I don't ever use an xbox controller when racing.

Due to upcoming schedule changes, I might be able to join in some goon races on Sundays. Anything is better than the a.i. in Assetto Corsa. Don't even think about racing cars with the same model as your own, they will ride right into you until you lose enough time that an overtake won't happen.

Phuzun
Jul 4, 2007

Goetta posted:

Tried to join but apparently some Logitech or Microsoft update completely hosed my G27 good poo poo

Yeah, that got me recently as well on Windows 10. Found it was set to download drivers through Windows updates, so I disabled that, manually uninstalled the g27 driver, then got that g27 software installed from the Logitech support site. I also have a Logitech mouse, which I avoid installing software because it breaks the g27 app as well.

Phuzun
Jul 4, 2007

Only on Oculus store at first, for some drat reason. Hopefully Steam remains in its own platform, so I can league with people.

Phuzun
Jul 4, 2007

Eyud posted:

The official blog says: "DiRT Rally VR will release with the Oculus Store on 11th July, while existing PC players will receive an update on the same day too".

That's good, see that now. Read that it was later in the month, earlier. Beta wasn't bad, though the fidelity seemed much lower than it should have been.

Phuzun
Jul 4, 2007

Hope it is cheap, though I'd probably still buy it for the Aventador at a ridiculous price.

Phuzun
Jul 4, 2007

The detail on them is immense in VR, other sims should take note. Nice to be able to actually see the DRS lights on the wheel, both the one when it is active and a second to indicate an acceptable zone to use them. Noticed the light and missed the sign on a track, I'm sure there will be others.

Phuzun
Jul 4, 2007

I'd love both Le Mans and Laguna Seca to be laser scanned for this. I imagine Le Mans has the difficulty of using real streets that might make doing this somewhat time sensitive.

So are the Porsche packs top quality? I do love me some Porsche, though having my favorites all spread out makes it costly.

Phuzun
Jul 4, 2007

The racing line in project cars isn't as useful when there are other cars, just keep a bit of distance and pass when it's clear. Useful when you are solo or in first, though don't let it draw you focus to much. It gets easier to handle as you get more experience.

Now the racing line in Assetto Corsa is worthless. It's not dynamic at all and the brake coloring is generic, so different cars may need more or less. Plus the cars really need the tires warmed up, so going to fast in the first couple laps or wrecking (thus losing heat) is a bad idea.

Phuzun
Jul 4, 2007

Nordschliefe is my favorite, though it can be brutal to learn the limits of a new car on due to size. I've done thousands of miles on that track though and is one of the few places I'd like to vacation to at some point.

Phuzun
Jul 4, 2007

Roller Coast Guard posted:

Pick a relatively short simple track and a relatively sane car ( I don't know what options they would be in PC but something like a Mazda MX-5 at Lime Rock or Brands Hatch Indy would be perfect). You will crash and spin a bunch to begin with until you get a feel for it, we all do, but more so if your first taste of the game is an F1 car at the Nordschleife or some crazy poo poo.

May not be the fastest, though after many tries I managed the F1 at Nordschliefe back when Project Cars first got VR support.
https://youtu.be/aid5mWlCznA

MX-5 is an awesome car to learn in though. Very forgiving, not enough power to really get into trouble.

Phuzun
Jul 4, 2007

I have women in bikinis present me with a bottle of champagne after each win. We all shower in it as a celebration of victory. Video games are for children, sim racing is a man sport.

Phuzun
Jul 4, 2007

I found these on some Sims forum. I use my Rift for racing and put on a longer board, in case I feel like throwing a monitor on there instead of moving it by my TV. I also skipped over the adjustable seat thing, as I was satisfied with where I got it already, plus it is a real car seat that can move forward/backwards for adjustments already.

Phuzun
Jul 4, 2007

Oh, they got the Vive support in this patch. Nice for you guys using revive.

Phuzun
Jul 4, 2007

You never know how awful these people treat their items or level of computer knowledge. And seeing a single person posting that a replacement broke in a similar way, is generally a good clue as to the issue being caused by them, unless there is a huge group having the same issue. Motor stops working, could very well be due to being immature babies that kick the poo poo out of the wheel after hitting a wall. Oops, now the wheel doesn't work and clearly that is the wheels fault, not their short temper.

Phuzun
Jul 4, 2007

I went get project cars 2 until I know the VR performance is acceptable. It went from running really great to running like absolute garbage and I have barely played it since. I enjoyed the weather and night stuff, though I can easily do without it for clearer visuals/smoother frame rate.

Phuzun
Jul 4, 2007

njsykora posted:

Speaking of PCars 2 the preorder edition is hilarious. The Esports Live pass especially as it implies they're going to be doing live events. However that loving snapback....

Why would you care about a sketch book of real cars? Just put pictures of the real cars in there. Do they even use artists for the models or just spend the day at a dealership (or factory) doing a 3d scan.

Phuzun
Jul 4, 2007

I have contacts specifically for when I want to play VR. I agree that fitting prescription lenses would be great, though you still run into the issue of your friends/family being blind or potentially scratching your lenses.

Hopefully gen 2 uses a different style lense that can be adjusted, so that glasses or contacts aren't needed. Then just have an option like the IPD adjuster to find a good point.

Phuzun
Jul 4, 2007

General RAARGH posted:

Is a rift more demanding than a triple screen setup? I run 3x 1920x1080 (with render separately/multi-view/whatever each sim calls it) and I would have thought that would have been more demanding than 2x 1080×1200, but I wonder whether I am missing something.

It is also 90hz vs 60hz, so that's 50% more. And you are rendering 2 individual screens/views, not one large view that is split to multiple screens. Then you have the actual render pixels, which tend to be slightly higher than the screen resolution. That is set by the developer and could be increased further by the user (which can drastically increase clarity).

Phuzun
Jul 4, 2007

peter gabriel posted:

Well, just finished my first session in P Cars 2.
In VR, graphics on full and they have a supersampling slider this time which is ace.

So do the full car interiors render this time or are you greeted by untextured polygons when you look over your shoulder? Good they improved the VR performance though, it was horrible in the first.

Phuzun
Jul 4, 2007

That's great news. I felt really burnt by the first since I got it because of VR support. Then they never improved it and the performance when to poo poo when it went from extended display to direct display. So maybe I'll consider the second after they hammer out whatever dlc packages they have planned.

Really hoping Forza gets VR added at some point. I can only imagine that they've atleast discussed it and maybe tested internally, considering the VR push happening elsewhere in Microsoft.

Phuzun
Jul 4, 2007

May the first turn, be the worst turn

Phuzun
Jul 4, 2007

Can you take the pedals out of the base like the G27?

Phuzun
Jul 4, 2007

Are you using the Logitech gaming software? The newer version doesn't work on the old wheels, I've found. I need to use version 5.10 with my G27. May work with yours as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phuzun
Jul 4, 2007

I said come in! posted:

Do you know where I can find this version? I can't find it on the Logitech website. But yes, that is the software I am using.

https://support.logi.com/hc/en-us/articles/360024699474--Downloads-Driving-Force-GT

I'm seeing it listed on their downloads. This link should have an option to show all downloads and then choose Windows 10. It was listing the 5.10 version for the wheel.

I believe you also want to have the wheel disconnected when you first start the setup. Part way through, it will ask for it to be connected and then you plug it in. Some games like AC seem to require having a profile setup in the software, I don't remember needing to do that for pcars though.