Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008

Tony Montana posted:

The fov talk never needs to happen. If you want the details it's in the OP. There is no argument, just some people wanna see the footwell and enjoy trees wizzing past. You ca do whatever you like, steer with a mouse if it makes you giggle.

You won't win races in iRacing, but you might not care.

im gonna start the other side of the argument with this

lol

but i'll follow it up with this: at least get kinda fuckin close ok, dont run stupid high ones or you are actually an idiot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
I end up driving iracing a lot more because i like the fact that you can basically find a practice with people at any time ever, i dont really race all that much any more, so its nice that iracing gives me an easy place to drop in and kinda do whatever i want, its not that i like it the most, i just really hate driving alone.

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008

CaseFace McGee posted:

Yeah, this car on this track could be pretty bad, the field is going to spread out a ton and it'll be bad. Same car on a shorter track, or a different car on this track, could be a lot more fun.

p much this

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
I think we should put the new lake louise v2 on the gooncar server :mrgw:

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008

IceAgeComing posted:

i've had a look, i'd be up for it if someone recommends a good car for that sort of track. I'll certainly add it to the server; it doesn't take that much time or space

p much just throw any random production car from any year and it'll be great, just put like 3 or for for whatever cars you do so we can roll as a crew :V

yellowbird, f40, classic cars are good and the lotus's (lotii?) are just a good call too.

OhsH fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Feb 19, 2016

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008

IceAgeComing posted:

Let me know if that works.

Set it so that we have 6 Yellowbirds (all in yellow naturally), 6 GT40s (all in Gulf colours because that's how its supposed to be), six red F40s and 6 Countach's because I'm pretty sure that was the first car I ever drove in a racing game (Need for Speed 3!) so it has to be in. You'll need Dream Packs 1 and 2 I think to run it; plus this.

Countach was best in my first race game need for speed hot pursuit.

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008

IceAgeComing posted:

we apparently had the same first race game

maybe you should call it by the correct title so i would be aware :colbert:

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
I am so loving excited, I shoulda pledged for beta access,.

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
please keep these updates coming, thank you.

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008

njsykora posted:

I can formally stop banging on about Auto Modellista this weekend, as it'll be released in Early Access form for everyone then so they can get a wider user base for the online matchmaking and time trial leaderboards.

Best news all morning. Thanks.

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008

tater_salad posted:

Why wouldn't I get wreck fest then?

last i checked their shifting model meant unless you were using automatic you would have about a second and a half between shifts. Completely fine if you use automatic mode vOv

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
Probably not this weekend because reiza forgot steam doesnt approve poo poo on the weekends?

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
They runnin closed cockpit yet?

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
Automobilista available on steam now.

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
Spent 20 mins with rally lancer amd stadium truck before work, good god were they worth the wait.

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
So, automobilista supertrucks on sunday??? gently caress AC imho.

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
HEY! any idea on what i need to do to be able to host automobilista? i tried forwarding the old ports from sce but i couldn't see the server on the steam list so i am kind of at a loss since there doesn't seem to be all that much coming up with google.

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yhz7XJSwRxs Had my self a great trucks race on a random automobilista server tonight.

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008

tater_salad posted:

Both are 300 on amazon and have pedals that look like they suck worse than my dfgt pedals.

im 100% sure the thrustmaster pedals are trash and i have never used them, but i feel qualified.

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
Is there any possible way to host an automobilista server and be able to join it from the same computer? I cannot figure this out and I am getting way too ragey over something stupid.

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
im currently yelling at the sky

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008

OhsH posted:

im currently yelling at the sky

seriously just staring straight up and yelling as loud as i loving can oh my god

OK so literally all you do is go to multiplayer, create game, czech and make sure it shows up in the server browser, have your friends who are joining get server info,click the big plus button so you can manually add the ip at the multiplayer server browser, and join.

i kept trying to do poo poo via the dedicated because i just kept reading "multiplayer browser in game broken" and didn't even think that the create game button would work. it does.

OhsH fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Mar 5, 2016

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
eh, automobilista karts today est loving 3 PM GGOD drat IT pm show up or not i dont care its really short notice WHATEVER.

server will be called goons and password will be lljk WHATEVRE

OhsH fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Mar 6, 2016

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
SERVER is up "goons" password "lljk" if you have issues for the love of god get into the irc or the mumblr

#racinggoons on synirc or mumble.goonrathi.com 64738 password mellon go to DICKTONA channel

http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/how-to-connect-to-multiplayer-servers-in-automobilista.118374/ <---- HOW To connect to multiplayer servers in automobilsita

JOIN IN THE GX390 RACE karts thanks

OhsH fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Mar 6, 2016

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
gently caress yease thanks buddy.

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008

Ziploc posted:

I threw up in my mouth when one of their "who are you" options was 'Youtube/Twitch Streamer'

Yeah man, free pr is disgusting.

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
Lol goddamn like just go buy and track a miata like fuuucking looool

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
kartkraft, and if you havent looked at kart racing pro or whatever yet you should.

buy a rib protector if you havent yet :V

also just curious, is there any active lo206 classes at that track?

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
I am absurdly lucky with my local (2 hour away) track that i am arrive and driving at in the lo206 class, in that there are goddamn 30-40 other karts usually.

The main draw of lo206 being its cheap as hell 4-stroke racing with a sealed engine, so you dont have to worry about doin engine tuning poo poo to be competitve, either way, if they dont do it they dont do it.

I'm hoping to pick up a used kart and start doin my own thing next year, if all goes decently well.

EIther drat way, buy a gooooood rib protector because woooo!!

W/R/T kart racing pro, i've had a guy at the track tell me he tried it and it wasn't half bad, and he was a solid mid pack driver, but we drive 4 strokes so vOV

OhsH fucked around with this message at 05:07 on Apr 29, 2016

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008

Tony Montana posted:

I shall protect and cherish my precious ribs.

As for the rest of the thread, rather than spending a thousand bucks on that seat that Michael Schumacher may have farted in or a second video card for your sim racing rig.. have a look into karting. You might be closer to it than you think.

I whole heartedly agree, advice to any body else would be, go to a local track on race day, see what it looks like, see what engines and chassis are popular, see if the track does arrive and drives for any of the classes they race, hell, see if some team has an arrive and drive kart for rent.

But for gods sake get a seat that fits, and get a rib veat, lol.

Oh, also, if you are mechanically retarded like me, look into asking somebody who is obviously at the track as a mechanic and ask if they sell their services, at the worst, you can ask them a bunch of questions, theyre nice enough around me, so they must be near you, too.

OhsH fucked around with this message at 14:26 on Apr 29, 2016

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
Im gonna drift tofu around.

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008

Norns posted:

I'm done with iracing for a while again...time to adjust to GT3s in AC and find a leauge.

Gross

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
Assetto corsi today?

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008

GhostDog posted:

It sounded like most people are unavailable today, so I hadn't planned on anything. I wanted to get a regular schedule going, but squeezing in between iRacing sessions on sundays seems to do participation no favor. Quite frankly I don't know what to do.

Edit: I haven't really tried the DLC cars yet, so let's just meet up at 19 GMT and hoon around a bit in open practice, and if we get enough people together we can just start a race. How about that?

put the server up and i'll be there earlier because im bored.

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008

GhostDog posted:

I'll see if I can make it a bit earlier.

also put the mustang gt because lol power car.

im thinking about roleplaying the dickhead at the trackdays that points you by because you are faster in the turns, but i'm loving passing your rear end on the straights.

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008

GhostDog posted:

Next sunday is AE86 day in Assetto Corsa. The tuned variant. On street tires. Track is yet to be decided. Depending on interest this might be the first of several championship races.

Spec ae86 first race should be tsukuba :v

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
spec ae86 race candidates

sentul: http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/sentul-international-circuit-final-version.3310/

tsukuba:http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/tsukuba-circuit.2629/

fuji:http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/fuji-international-speedway.2554/

apparantly a bad okayama rip: http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/okayama-1994.2519/
I couldn't find much else on race department

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
We might have to find non asian tracks for spec ae86 and that hurts my heart.

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008

Norns posted:

Wait. We're doing a AE86 championship in AC?

How many weeks is it running?

So far we have one week. Find more tracks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
is there a short version of it? :V