Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pentium166
Oct 15, 2012

VelociBacon posted:

Thanks, It's a reverb g2 which I guess is a big part of why it's hard to drive. I'll look at it again but I thought I had the settings already pretty far down.

I have a Reverb G2 with a 3700x and 3070 and I haven't been able to get DR2 to run well at any settings. Even with everything at minimum it's still janky, especially in heavily treed areas. Maybe maximum frame rate is higher, but overall it doesn't feel significantly better than the 2700x + 970 I had when I first picked up the headset.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pentium166
Oct 15, 2012
To be clear about the G2's cable situation, there is one long cable running to the headset, and it splits out into USB/DisplayPort/power 2-3 feet from the PC. It's probably not a big issue unless you need to cable manage often, but I did find myself unplugging the power from the splitter box so that the headset doesn't stay warm after use

pentium166
Oct 15, 2012
I bought a full GT Omega Classic set piecemeal throughout 2021 and I'm just now finding out that there are official wheel stand side braces