Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

amenenema
Feb 10, 2003

Maybe this is the wrong thread (redirect me if so please!) but I'm looking for recommendations for the following to use for GT7 on a PS4:

Wheel/pedals/shifter
Seat/mount setup

Re: wheel/pedals/shifter I'm not sure I wanna pay direct drive money, but sounds like load cell pedals are worth it?
For seat/mount I'd like something that can fold up relatively easily. This is going in front of a 100" projector screen that is also our main media device, so if I can fold up/stash relatively easily that'd be great.

Thanks in advance!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

amenenema
Feb 10, 2003

Thanks all! Yeah trying to keep it cheap (for now) and great to know that even the lower end stuff will be decent with GT7. No PC plans in my future.

amenenema
Feb 10, 2003

Many thanks everyone for the excellent guidance, it's super helpful!

TheScott2K posted:

Banging this drum again, the Truebrake mod for the G29/920/923 brake pedal kicks that whole setup up another notch.

The G29+mod gets you up to $340 or so, which is approaching an entry level DD bundle, but I don't think those bundles come with a brake pedal that works that well

Does Logitech offer a set of load cell pedals to put with a G29/923?

Is the "trueforce" thing on the 923 any good?

What's considered an entry level DD bundle for a PS4?

amenenema
Feb 10, 2003

Welp just ordered a sale price G29 and shifter. And a Playset Challenge X. Y'all did a great job pushing me over the edge.

I'm sure I'll also get the brake mod but this is enough for now lol

amenenema
Feb 10, 2003

njsykora posted:

Welcome to sim racing, here's a complementary pit to start throwing money into.

The PS4 was free from my BiL so all I'm into it for is the above plus a copy of GT7.

I am completely confident it will stay that way.

amenenema
Feb 10, 2003

Hahahaha it starts

amenenema
Feb 10, 2003

TheScott2K posted:

Since doing the Truebrake mod on my G920, I've been doing worlds better in ACC's campaign. That and anchoring my wheelstand to a chair with straps have massively raised my ceiling. Because this is sim racing, of course now I'm like "how else can I spend money" and I'm starting to have The Thoughts about the Cammus C5.

Which spring are you using?

amenenema
Feb 10, 2003

TheScott2K posted:

Heard clattery nonsense from my gear-driven wheel going down a straightaway one too many times.

5Nm Fanatec CSL DD bundle with the BMW wheel and the load cell kit ordered. Thank you for your service, G920 with Truebrake mod.

Which spring did you use for the True brake kit?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

amenenema
Feb 10, 2003

TheScott2K posted:

Second lightest. Now that I'm used to a stiff brake, I'd probably switch it out for the next one up if I wasn't about to rehome the G920.
Gotcha, thanks. I started with that one, jumped to the heaviest, and then settled for the one in between them.