Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mahatma-Squid
Nov 22, 2004

One of the last true gentlemen left alive . ';,,,,,,,,;'
Game is rad, but I just did my first event and the only AI damage was the 2nd place dude apparently having a turbo issue... on the Lancia Fulvia. I didn't play Dirt 2 or any of the previous WRC games, but hopefully they fix it up so the AI isn't nearly invincible. Dirt 1 half the field would normally end up with some kind of issue, even if it was the slower AI anyway 90% of the time.

Edit: spoke too soon, the AI were wrecking themselves plenty from the next race onwards. Still had lots of notes about the AI losing turbo pressure on NA cars though.

Mahatma-Squid fucked around with this message at 08:17 on Nov 5, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mahatma-Squid
Nov 22, 2004

Kvlt! posted:

follow up: does it take some time for your SR to be updated? I had 2 races with no incidents but my SR is the same.

Also, the "Most wrecks arent as unavoidable as you think" is such great advice. I stared racing with the mentality of "Priority is not crashing, then race when the opportunity presents itself", and I'm having significantly less incidents.

What's helped me a lot is to watch the cars in front of me. Say I'm following a car that's ahead but I can't catch them, i try to watch to see stuff like "Ooh they slide a little bit on turn 3, so be sure to give a little extra space on turn 3"

I'm sure in the future that'll become "Oh try to overtake or create an advantage in turn 3", but by now I am focusing on safety.

I feel fairly confident in the trucks but man those street stocks at Oxford get me. Feel's like I'm in a drift competition!

I'm super new, but my SR has been updated almost instantly for each race I've done. You can go to Results & Stats - Results and then check each race and see your incidents and how it effected your SR. My last race I ended up getting 9 incidents and still gained .08 SR, so you definitely don't have to be super clean. I've found expecting carnage on the first few corners of lap 1 and driving super conservatively as soon as I've seen someone go off has really helped for me.

Mahatma-Squid
Nov 22, 2004

Main problem at the moment is if you have to reach out to them for any support issues wait times to get any sort of response is at least 2 weeks.