Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

He's a good lad our Jimmer, was happy to see he's getting a real drive and it'll be interesting to see how he does irl.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

Yeah snowrunner is rad. I've been listening to podcasts while playing it. So strangely relaxing to spend an hour working your way through all the mud and poo poo to deliver some steel or whatever.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

I built a cockpit out of wood because I'm a poor, but I did take out a nice leather seat from my old 2003 Honda Civic to use before I scrapped it. I honestly think a decent regular car seat is best for sim racing.

I have thought it would be cool to have like a racing bucket seat, but then I already have back issues at 34. A normal car seat is made to sit in for hours at a time though so you can't really go wrong. I have no idea how well a normal car seat would fit onto one of the pre-made rigs though, I imagine it could be quite a hassle depending on the bolt points.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

If you're worried about being good enough to race online, then you're probably good enough, or at least take it seriously enough, that you'll likely be one of the good guys to race against.

edit: In iRacing I've found that you can have good fun races no matter your skill level as long as you have a positive attitude about it all.

Panic! At The Tesco fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Nov 26, 2020

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Iracing rules and frankly I don’t get why people do anything else but that’s just me :iiam:

It can't be beat when it comes to multiplayer sim-racing for sure, but I can see why people don't want to get it with how expensive it is. Those cars and tracks really start to add up if you're skint.

I would still recommend anyone at least try it out for 3 months and do a full season in the MX5's, which is all free tracks. Although chances are they won't want to do online lobbies in any other sim afterwards.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

Hello fellows, getting back into iRacing after a couple of years off. Is the discord link in the OP still the correct one? Would quite like to get into some goonracing sometime.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

Nice one cheers!

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

VelociBacon posted:

I think just hopping in an iRacing practice session is super fun, learning a new track, seeing how you stack up, watching faster drivers, etc. I wonder how many people who are intimidated by iRacing know that it's even an option.

some of my most enjoyable battles have been against randos in a practice session who just happen to share similar pace when we meet on track.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

i'm constantly hearing bad things about their support/customer service. feel like they've resting on their laurels from when they were the de-facto upgrade path for people going from starter wheels to direct drive. there are now a lot more options for that first big upgrade so it's not surprising that if people keep hearing bad poo poo about their service they're going to avoid.

shame because their hardware is still quite good. my dad has a csl and i tried it last time i was at his for a visit and it was quite nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

I said come in! posted:

I need Gran Turismo 7 to come to PC.

apparently it was in those nvidia leaks, but that still doesn't mean it's guaranteed.

nvidia posted:

Nvidia has responded to the leak, stating that the list of titles on the platform is “used only for internal tracking and testing”, and that the inclusion of any title “is neither confirmation nor an announcement of any game”