Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

I'm not tall and I haven't used it personally. But I noticed that the Trak Racer TR80, the entire pedal mount looks to move independent of the uprights for the steering. In many other rigs, the pedals attach to the steering upright.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

VelociBacon posted:

All of the real rigs allow you to move the pedal plate and the wheel independent of each other. It's only a problem at the very low end side of things. Even the gt Omega apex stand with rear seat extension allows this although it does have the wheel height and horizontal placement somewhat linked together.

The Sim Lab GT1 Pro and NLR GT Elite series have the flaw of the pedals mounting to the uprights.

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

signed up

phosdex fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Nov 21, 2023

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

I got out of Rookie by concentrating on not fighting for position when I already know I'm upwards of 2 seconds slower than a good half the field. Just driving clean. And remember this is a no-fault system, so someone ramming you will give you 4pts anyway.

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

Got a Quest 3 today to try out VR. Didn't play very long, was getting a headache, read you should ease into it over a few days. I tried iRacing and it worked right away, my 3080 was able to hold around 90fps. ACC worked too but looked worse than iRacing, have to mess with settings I guess but I don't play this much anyway. Only flight related game I have is SW Squadrons and I couldn't get that to work, the VR toggle in the settings just made the screen blank.

Problem in iracing and acc was onscreen hud stuff gets put into weird spots. The iracing virtual rearview mirror is so high up, and the rear mirror on the miata is huge and too close.

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

I know some of them are movable, I never tried to move the mirror.

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

Forgot to say its really cool. At first I tried No Mans Sky and it only launched in a window and I was sitting there like is this it you play watching a window but in vr? But then I got it working.

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

I bought a Quest 3 a few weeks ago and it's interesting, but I think I'm going to return it and wait another gen.

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

NitroSpazzz posted:

Excellent thank you, time to start watching and shopping. Of course during the great sell off of late 2022 I sold a perfectly good race seat that would have been perfect for this.

Heck the TR-80 is on sale for $500, that's not bad - https://trakracer.com/collections/simulators/products/tr80-racing-simulator-mk4

I have that one and like it, never used any other though.

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

The uprights on some of the NLRs seem pretty tall in video reviews. That was my primary reason to avoid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

I went with the TR80.