Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I called a 27% win for Trump yesterday, we'll see how he does.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Joementum posted:

Let's dispel with this fiction that Dixville Notch doesn't know what they're doing. They know exactly what they doing.

Kasich ruined their predictive value by personally calling every voter. No way Kashit is winning it.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

It was Jeb Bush, actually. I don't remember all the details but I'm pretty sure he personally drove the terrorists to the airport.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Are we going to start seeing exit polls before the voting ends? This time difference sucks.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Joementum posted:

Quote of the morning, “After Des Moines, they’re calling it Gilmentum. Gilmentum, yeah, it’s what they were calling it after Des Moines.” ~ Jim Gilmore

Gilmore is cool. I'm surprised there are no ironic Gilmore supporters yet, but I guess that would ruin it.

Pinterest Mom posted:

The media usually has preliminary exit polls and will start dropping wink-nod hints around 5 PM, but they're careful about not reporting top-line numbers. Actual exit polls will be released once polls close (and we can reverse vote percentages from them.)

It's really kind of a shame, it would be more fun to see results trickling in. Everything's going to be said and done by the time I wake up.

Phlegmish has issued a correction as of 18:12 on Feb 9, 2016

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Mr. Powers posted:

75% of Merrimack is in traffic to park to vote. There's plenty of parking and no lines inside, just someone incompetently directing traffic in the parking lot causing thousands of people to sit for about an hour to get to the polls. Already reports locally of people giving up.

I bet Cruz is behind this.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

BanjoFish posted:

Just for fun I tried searching Google Trends for the 2nd tier candidates, limiting the search to the last 7 days, and only in New Hampshire. Green is Rubio, red is Kasich.

Kasichmentum!

This is why I think Kasich will do well, this inexplicable surge in interest right before the actual voting.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

THA TITTY THRILLER posted:

Rubio. Trump doesn't put off work, he delegates it to his minions. Carson isn't lazy, he just lusts for sleep.

Rubio is the obvious choice, but I don't think a malfunctioning robot can technically be considered lazy. I don't think Trump is lazy at all. That leaves Carson, whose entire candidacy is a book marketing campaign that got out of hand.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

mannerup posted:

ah so I see Carson has withdrawn from the race once again

I wonder if they did it on purpose to get a shot where he has his eyes closed

Look in the background, even his aide can't keep his eyes open.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

John Dough posted:

has anyone won yet

Kasich at 60%, but not everywhere has reported yet, so there's a small possibility that it could still change.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Gregoriev posted:

So what happens if Kasich somehow pulls off a first place over Trump in a close second, with a governor or Cruz in third place? I don't think that would completely ruin Trump's chances despite the lack of first place.

Second place in Iowa is just fine, no one even expected him to win there until one or two weeks before the caucus. But if Trump doesn't win NH, it's over. If he can't win in the Northeast and the South, he doesn't stand a chance in the rest of the country.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Oiled and Ready posted:

Iowa, the South, pick one

I meant if he doesn't win NH, leading to him failing in SC as well, then it's definitely over as those regions are arguably more favorable to him than the rest of the country. Yeah, it wasn't very clear.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

axeil posted:

:siren: GILMORE NOW TIED WITH SANTORUM AT 98 VOTES :siren:

Gilmore is loving demolishing his Iowa vote count. He's looking at a tenfold increase. Biggest story of this primary, in my opinion.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

What kind of bitchmade precinct is this

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Now here's how you do it, Pelham knows what's up.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Now let me tell you about a place called Seabrook, New Hampshire...they're Trump loyalists almost to a man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

MickeyFinn posted:

Does this mean we get to fight fascists in the streets if the general is Bernie v Trump?

edit - We meaning people who support the bern.

I'm just imagining the current tumblr cohort of college students forming a paramilitary corps to 'fight the fascists'.

hahahahahaha

• Locked thread