Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Minsky
May 23, 2001

If Bernie doesn't win convincingly by at least double digits in loving New Hampshire for crying out loud, I am prepared to initiate total meltdown, and will forever turn into a bitter old man who blames millennials for ruining everything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minsky
May 23, 2001

Fuschia tude posted:

He won 84% of the sub-30 vote in Iowa. I'm not sure that Millenials have much to do with him failing.

Young people are who carry him in polls. What I saw was that, according to the entrance polling, the same demographic was weakest in turnout when it came time to actually caucus.

Minsky
May 23, 2001

fishmech posted:

yes but lets be fair, the caucus is a great way to turn off most people from participating

Judging by some of those periscope streams, I can't disagree with this

Minsky
May 23, 2001

Platystemon posted:

Maybe if your lovely generation had turned out less, Bernie would have won. :colbert:

Well technically, being in my early 30s, my lovely generation turned out equally poorly and also broke heavily for Bernie

Minsky
May 23, 2001

I don't know if I was a part of the same demographic group (I was trying to find the imgur link of that turnout graph, but it's buried somewhere in the dem primary thread), but it doesn't matter because I wasn't trying to take some kind old vs young argument. Instead it was more about a fool's hope that maybe, this time, the clarion call for young people to come out to vote would succeed. Especially this time when young people favor Bernie with such ridiculous percentages. So the way I figure, if it doesn't happen in NH, it probably ain't gonna happen anywhere else either.

I mean if you got two groups where the first group votes enthusiastically but breaks like 40-60 Hillary, and the second group largely doesn't vote but breaks 80-20 for Bernie, the solution to me seems simple but it ain't about hoping the first group stops voting.

Edit:

Fuschia tude posted:

Also they make up 20.6% of the population of Iowa as of 2010. That's not a terrible turnout my dudes

All right, in light of this, I am willing to reconsider, and suggest instead the alternative strategy of locking your parents in the basement before going out to vote.

Minsky has issued a correction as of 03:31 on Feb 9, 2016

Minsky
May 23, 2001

Just got home from work is bernie god emperor yet

Minsky
May 23, 2001

"Make America great again, again" --Trump 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minsky
May 23, 2001

cheesetriangles posted:

Does trump have someone to do his makeup? He needs some.

he's going for the red white and blue look with his shirt and tie.

• Locked thread