Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Concerned Citizen posted:

The crucial Seabrook precinct is in.

Bernie: 560 votes
Hillary: 443 votes

GOP:
Trump 916 votes
Bush 188 votes
Rubio 164 votes
Cruz 155 votes
Kasich 104 votes
Christie 102 votes
Carson 30 votes
Fiorina 27 votes
Gilmore 0 votes

~56% of the vote for both Trump and Sanders

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
My kokoro wish is that Trump wins but Jeb! comes in second so Trump can continue on powerbombing Jeb through tables for all of February before Super Tuesday

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Ego-bot posted:

A poll of republicans think Trump would handle an international crisis the best out of all the candidates. lol

Honestly, thinking over the choices, he's way up there.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
Five minutes to polls close!

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

TEAYCHES posted:

I hope Rubio beats Cruz or Trump, because he's the moderate and I'd rather see a more moderate person in the White House if the Republicans win. How could you all be so callous?

Rubio isn't a moderate. Rubio isn't anything except an empty suit twitching on its marionette strings.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Cardboard Box A posted:

What does that mean?

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

axeil posted:

MSNBC calls for Trump and Sanders.

Well that was slightly anticlimactic

I guess the rest of tonight is just seeing how big the margin of victory is, and which Republicans couldn't muster 10%

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

TROIKA CURES GREEK posted:

Trump is going to out-perform polls most likely lol. It's his nomination to lose.

It will be a beautiful day when that one pollster goon is proven right about polls not being able to count people shouting TRUMP! before hanging up.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
Can we expect a full report of the results tonight, or will the super-long lines mean we have to wait until the morning for final results?

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

jackofarcades posted:

Is Rubio just... done? Does everyone line up behind Kasich? Surely Kasich can't fight off Trump and Cruz

If you could meld the best parts of Kasich / Rubio / Jeb / Christie into one candidate then maybe there'd be a chance

As it is they each individually have severe flaws and shortcomings that will cost far too much

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

William Bear posted:

MSN calling it for Trump. In his honor:

Carly Fiorina, a 2016 Republican presidential candidate, walks outside after visiting a polling station in Bedford, New Hampshire, on Tuesday, Feb. 9, 2016. © Daniel Acker/Bloomberg

LOOK AT THAT FACE GODDAMN!

Fiorina really should have stuck with the shorter cut, it complemented her features so much better than the medium stringy hair

I wonder how long before she drops out.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

THA TITTY THRILLER posted:

MSNBC displaying a 3-Page "Defensive" explanation that they received earlier in the day from the Clinton campaign about why they're still gonna win the nomination

:cawg:

Oh god someone please dig this up and post it here for perusal.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

MSNBC displaying a 3-Page "Defensive" explanation that they received earlier in the day from the Clinton campaign about why they're still gonna win the nomination

:cawg:

Oh god someone please dig this up and post it here for perusal.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Yeah keep on screaming the bad darn no-good words over and over until people just tune them out completely.

Tatum Girlparts posted:

You're vastly overblowing how important NH is. This loss is bad, and losing to Jeb makes it even worse, but he's still got a ton of the establishment behind him. He's been going nuts in NV campaigning through his friends and family there where even Trump hasn't touched yet. If he can pull a good SC showing and an NV win out no one will give a poo poo about NH

Delegate-wise the early primary states are nearly meaningless, they set a huge narrative though.

Rubio entered the weekend with an enormous gaffe, got slammed for it over three days, and (pending) came in below Jeb, confirming the speculation that his self-repetition was hurting him, which builds into and strengthens the narrative that he's a failure and empty suit and etc etc.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Reason posted:

If the general comes down to Bernie and Trump I'm going to laugh so hard.

Maximum chaos: Bernie vs Trump vs {Republican Establishment} vs Bloomberg

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Cardboard Box A posted:

Wait, what exactly does Jeb bring to the table there? Money?

Connections and money, yeah.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
10 days to South Carolina's primary. That's a lot of time for narratives to sink in...

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Ego-bot posted:

Reince takes him to live happily ever after on a farm scrap heap somewhere.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Mr. Powers posted:

Hey guys, I am writing a megapost on the Merrimack clusterfuck if anyone is interested. I am almost done. The helicopters have finally stopped hovering.

Please do

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
So many young women destined for special places in Hell

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
Paul, Rand GOP 336 1%
Huckabee, Mike GOP 37 0%
Santorum, Rick GOP 34 0%
Gilmore, Jim GOP 22 0%

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
I can't believe Carson is polling this low. I wonder if he'll even last to Super Tuesday.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
Bush, Jeb GOP 6,996 12%
Cruz, Ted GOP 6,996 12%

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
So Kasich is the latest to receive the Rise->Scrutiny->Decline spotlight eh?

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Vile posted:

Bill clinton looks dead

Would not be surprised if Hillary tries for the sympathy vote

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Prorat posted:

Hillary saying she will fight Wall Street when she IS Wall Street is hilarious.

What do you think the chances are that the transcripts she refuses to release involve her telling Wall Street to not worry about the rhetoric going around, she's just doing it to get elected?

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
86/300 reporting

Trump, Donald GOP 23,401 34%
Kasich, John GOP 10,618 15%
Bush, Jeb GOP 7,971 12%
Cruz, Ted GOP 7,968 12%
Rubio, Marco GOP 7,132 10%
Christie, Chris GOP 5,720 8%
Fiorina, Carly GOP 3,019 4%
Carson, Ben GOP 1,546 2%

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

evilweasel posted:

Low. You say that at a fundraiser, not a paid speech.

Excellent point

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Max22 posted:

"Even if young people are not supporting me now, I support them"

HILLARY SOUNDS LIKE THEIR MOM

Support them all the way to their special places in Hell

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

I remember when shills mocked the idea that Bernie has crossover appeal for Trump voters

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
114/300

Trump, Donald GOP 31,517 34%
Kasich, John GOP 14,558 16%
Cruz, Ted GOP 10,981 12%
Bush, Jeb GOP 10,727 12%
Rubio, Marco GOP 9,756 10%
Christie, Chris GOP 7,619 8%
Fiorina, Carly GOP 4,050 4%
Carson, Ben GOP 2,109 2%

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Democrazy posted:

I never knew I wanted something so bad as I want Jeb Bush to come in third in New Hampshire and Rubio in fifth.

This primary is going to drag on forever in indecisive squabble.

There's almost no chance Rubio comes in fifth unless Christie can make up over a 3000 vote deficit

edit: I miscounted how many candidates there were because of :pcgaming: TRUMP :pcgaming:

Brannock has issued a correction as of 03:44 on Feb 10, 2016

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Joementum posted:

Bernie's going to NYC tomorrow? Does he know that there's going to be a Senate vote on North Korean sanctions? Even Rubio is showing up for it.

Frankly I'm surprised the Senate still requires physical presence in the age of the smartphone and ubiquitous WiFi

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

That's absolutely absurd.

The American government is horrible about staying abreast of technological advances

I worked for a couple years in Wisconsin's Department of Administration a few years back and it's laughable how archaic everything is. I can't imagine the national government is much better

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

happyhippy posted:

No, you should embrace it.
If you are there in person to vote, its harder to gently caress with you.
If you are half the country away, and lets say a bill that telecomms dont want to pass, oops there was some server crashes sending your yes vote.

That's a good point, actually

Although, loving with a mailbox is a serious federal offense. I can't imagine what the backlash would be like for interfering with a Senator's vote

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
http://www.c-span.org/video/?404517-1/donald-trump-primary-night-speech Trump victory speech

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
You know, as a kid and as a teenager, I always wondered why politicians didn't just aggressively use the media to get their message across, to actively call out their opponents and lodge grievances. All the politicians always seemed super reserved and passive, timid, low energy... I thought, if I was ever gonna be a politician, I'd just call out every single bullshit tactic and underhanded plot against me

And finally we get Donald Trump who actually is doing exactly that, and he's able to do that because he has no real skin in the game, nothing to lose really since he can just go back to his gold-plated corporation instead of sinking into irrelevancy, and he's crushing the Republican primary.

:allears:

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Mulva posted:

Those will be the only three

:rolleyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006