Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
axeil
Feb 14, 2006
Great title, I'm feeling the Gilmentum myself as a Virginia transplant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
that line in merrimack looks nuts. that's all i got for right now

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Mystery Goomba posted:

GILMORE!!

*honks horn*

Really hopin' those voters are feeling the Gilmentum!

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Joementum posted:

These %'s won't hold, but they're basically Reince's worst nightmare.

Ole Gil's gotta get more than 0 votes! :smith:

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Joementum posted:

Well, then refresh the page!

this page? where are you getting the results from?

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

thanks Joe! :patriot:

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Joementum posted:

They call and send volunteers to the precincts to collect returns. Everyone else is running off the AP results.

well poo poo, i know what i'm using for my election results source now.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
it'd be amazing if we went from "3-2-1" for rubio to "wondering if he'll break the 10% ceiling for getting any delegates"

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

I love this :allears:

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

pathetic little tramp posted:

So does Rubio drop out now or just commit sepuku, loving lol

the sword of chang gives and the sword of chang takes.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
MNBC all but saying they're gonna call the races in 4 minutes.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Brannock posted:

Rubio isn't a moderate. Rubio isn't anything except an empty suit twitching on its marionette strings.

And let's dispel once and for all with this fiction that Rubio isn't an empty suit. He's absolutely an empty suit.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
:siren: RUBIO UNDER 10% :siren:

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
MSNBC calls for Trump and Sanders.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
holy poo poo those msnbc projections. he's gonna win by a ton.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
Trump winning by 15% while Kasich and Jeb! (and possibly Cruz) clown on Rubio is loving incredible.

And Bernie only wins by 8%. Jesus.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
Donald loving Trump has won a primary election. Jesus Christ.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
lol "compared to the democratic race the republican one is mad max thunderdome"

never change msnbc :allears:

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
really lovin' this speech by bernie even though i'm a hillary supporter. i agree that we should keep it clean and issue-oriented. :unsmith:

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
this speech from trump is even weirder than his iowa speech. he's being...nice?

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

crazy cloud posted:

"Well now that we got THAT outta the way"

wellll now he's hit his stride and being his usual terrifying self.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

With over 48% of the vote in, Bernie leading by 22.4%

The margin stays like that and we have got a legit race on our hand on the Dem side. Bernie winning all groups except the rich and the old means this could be a turning point too.

Curious to see what happens in Nevada next week.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

that's not an unemployment rate, that's a labor participation rate. old people dying in hospitals and toddlers shouldn't count as part of the unemployed (which is what you're implying with that metric).

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Brannock posted:

"leftists" arguing that unemployment is Actually only 5% simply because it came from BadMan :smh:

I'm fine if people wanna use U6, but it's disingenuous because we've never used U6 before.

A graph of real income growth tells the story better and gives you better historical comparison. Hooray economic statistics slap fight!

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Prorat posted:

If we are all about unemployment stats it's bedside the Obama administration literally sends out a press release every few months celebrating their 5% and dropping numbers.

It's bullshit.

i'm sorry the current administration uses the same number for headline unemployment that gw bush, clinton, ghw bush, reagan, etc have all used? :confused:

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Prorat posted:

Toddlers are 16 and older?

just because they can drive doesn't mean they're the same as a 34 year-old who got fired

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Brannock posted:

To whom is the real income growth going, is the real question

...it's not growing though, that's the point i'm trying to make.

but ya know, i'm an ~*evil banker*~ so don't let me try and help you support your argument.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Brannock posted:

I'm sorry I didn't mean to come off as I was disagreeing with you :shobon:

it's cool, been pretty sick this week so i'm a little cranky :cheers:

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Not a Step posted:

U5 is a decent number when there hasnt been a massive downturn that has lead to significant numbers leaving the labor force or becoming underemployed. In the wake of a major recession its more an indicator of who has given up on the economy. Using full U6 overstates unemployment sure, but come on, using U5 after the Great Recession is just a *little* disingenuous. At 5% we'd be close to full employment and should begin to see wages creep up as labor markets tighten. Does this country look like its close to full employment to you?

It does make for great headlines though.

well, there's also the issue of retiring boomers. we knew labor force participation was gonna tick down as those folks retired, and the most compelling theory i've seen is that folks who got laid off that were in their 50s or 60s in 08 just never re-entered the labor pool.

the recovery was/is pretty anemic, but i think we're just not going to see massive growth levels again as that was fueled by fairly irresponsible lending practices. you can either get good growth rates or a well-regulated financial system. ya gotta pick one.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Brannock posted:

I don't care about Obama man. He was a colossal loving disappointment and, speaking of reasons that voters are coming out in droves to support outsider candidates, there's one. We were promised hope and change and we got a gentle, caressing blowjob to the insurance industry instead. People are only barely better off today than they were before 2008. Obama's been trying to spin it as a supreme success but the only success has been for the bankers who've benefited hugely from the economic crash that they caused

Almost the entire 'economic recovery' have gone to the bankers and other financiers

keeping everything from becoming a burning crater ala the 1930s is a big accomplishment. it's not what we were promised, but he's had a hostile congress for 3/4ths of his term and i think deserves lots of credit for keeping things from completely imploding.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
msnbc all but reporting that christie is dropping out tomorrow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
:siren: GILMORE NOW TIED WITH SANTORUM AT 98 VOTES :siren:

• Locked thread