Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

Awesome Welles posted:

New UT looks promising at least.

I like it and want to succeed, but it's taking forever and there doesn't seem to be a lot of hype for it. So as much as I hope it will explode, I'll believe it when I see it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

I basically did what that guy did before I play starcraft. I watched videos/pro streams for like a month before I started playing and then I spent a week practicing a 3-gate robo build and used it every matchup until I got better. Got placed gold with it too, although admittedly I deranked to silver briefly.

But yeah I got dumped into Silver II after spending like 10 hours in casual/arms race.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

qhat posted:

TBH I miss arena shooters and the lack of popularity in quake live makes me worry that the genre is finished for good.

Does Overwatch count as an arena shooter?

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

teagone posted:

Does Overwatch count as an arena shooter?

IDK, my ex-QL pro friend seems excited for it, so maybe?

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

nice thread title arf tou loving human being

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

qhat posted:

I like it and want to succeed, but it's taking forever and there doesn't seem to be a lot of hype for it. So as much as I hope it will explode, I'll believe it when I see it.

I kind of consider that a positive though, I have a feeling the attention will build as the game takes better shape.

(I hope)

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Dongicus posted:

nice thread title arf tou loving human being

:troll:

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
Phaneuf, Frattin, Bailey, Rupert, Donaghey

ayy :siren:

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

mcvey posted:

What?

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck

ArfJason posted:

i had a blast in the approx 6.4 grillion hours i played 1.6 but my regret is having most of that time be 12v12 not realizing how fun 5v5 is.

one thing i dont regret is kz. always be kzing

Oh that reminds me. Regarding strafe jumping in the last thread. You mentioned adjusting my sensitivity. Is that generally an adjustment toward higher sensitivity for KZ maps?

And does anyone else get annoyed when your solo queue MM game turns into open-mic night for unfunny idiots? "I licked my grandma's pussy while fingering my dog." Thanks, you snowflake, maybe stick to calling out things in the game.

I think it's because I'm not drunk enough to deal with that sort of poo poo. But maybe it's because I'm so drunk that I'm just not in the mood to listen to it.

The Ferret King fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Feb 10, 2016

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe

goldblums eyes posted:

So I've only played ~5 DM games of cs... Lol gently caress

I'm sorry that you've decided to join CSGO. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

Edit: Also let me be the first to welcome you on behalf of our dear leader Gaben
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqzgTWhbT6A

sterster fucked around with this message at 03:38 on Feb 10, 2016

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

It is a game... where you will put your life on the line.
Lipstick Apathy
Unreal Tournament should do a cross promotion with Valve so you can play Unreal Tournament with your fancy counterstrike guns. Or maybe just say gently caress it and let you run around de_dust2 with flak cannons and shock rifles :hellyeah:

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

mcvey posted:

lmao wrong thread mcvey you loving piece of poo poo :smug:

(still a crazy rear end trade)

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

quote:

Games › Counter-Strike: Global Offensive - new thread new sens

quote:

new thread new sens

quote:

new sens

quote:

new Sens

fuckin NERDS

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Get your filthy Ottawa chat out of here

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

mcvey posted:

fuckin NERDS

Poor use of a pun

Defense, number 38

10 yard penalty

Still first down

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

mcvey posted:

fuckin NERDS
Games > Undertale - new thread new sans

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx

nftyw posted:

Unreal Tournament should do a cross promotion with Valve so you can play Unreal Tournament with your fancy counterstrike guns. Or maybe just say gently caress it and let you run around de_dust2 with flak cannons and shock rifles :hellyeah:

Unreal Tournament is good because you can listen to music while you play it.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
You loving kids don't shut up and I'll turn this thread right around. Don't test me.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Necc0 posted:

You loving kids don't shut up and I'll turn this thread right around. Don't test me.
You didn't do anything when the other thread devolved into Tribes: Ascend talk for 40 posts. I call your bluff, sir.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

symbolic posted:

You didn't do anything when the other thread devolved into Tribes: Ascend talk for 40 posts. I call your bluff, sir.

I will unleash a thread title upon this thread that will shake you to your very core

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Necc0 posted:

I will unleash a thread title upon this thread that will shake you to your very core

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive - your just bad)))))))))))))

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

symbolic posted:

That's because Tribes is a fun game. I'm the greatest heavy capper known to mankind.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Don't ever use "Tribes" to refer to "Tribes: Ascend"

Always indicate very clearly you are discussing the vastly inferior title.

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

Xenaero posted:

Don't ever use "Tribes" to refer to "Tribes: Ascend"

Always indicate very clearly you are discussing the vastly inferior title.

We all know that T:A will never hold a candle to the original Tribes, but we can all agree that Tribes 2 loving sucked.

edit: Tribes1g checking in; best dueler in HaVoC MOD too. suck it.

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

A TURGID FATSO posted:

We all know that T:A will never hold a candle to the original Tribes, but we can all agree that Tribes 2 loving sucked.

Hear hear

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

I regret mentioning Tribes again.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

symbolic posted:

I regret mentioning Tribes again.

I think you mean 1.2@400

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

fennesz posted:

I think you mean 1.2@400
1.75@500

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
Tribes@Ascend

e: If you're like me and would toggle voice off and then forget just use this bind to toggle it between 10% and 100% volume
bind kp_minus "incrementvar voice_scale 0.1 1.00 0.90"

Elysiume fucked around with this message at 06:30 on Feb 10, 2016

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
You're welcome for that bind

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Xenaero posted:

You're welcome for that bind
I basically just modified bind kp_enter "incrementvar cl_radar_scale 0.20 0.40 0.20" so if that was from you then thanks

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

The Ferret King posted:

Oh that reminds me. Regarding strafe jumping in the last thread. You mentioned adjusting my sensitivity. Is that generally an adjustment toward higher sensitivity for KZ maps?
depends i guess
for example, i play 800dpi 1 sens and that isn't nearly enough for even simple jumps where you strafe around a corner. but at 2, I can do pretty much all jumps i set out to accomplish, except for extremely demanding stuff that i need to bunnyhop for.
basically if you're one of the people who plays comp with very low sens, it will be a pain to kz properly unless you up it a bit

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

ArfJason posted:

depends i guess
for example, i play 800dpi 1 sens and that isn't nearly enough for even simple jumps where you strafe around a corner. but at 2, I can do pretty much all jumps i set out to accomplish, except for extremely demanding stuff that i need to bunnyhop for.
basically if you're one of the people who plays comp with very low sens, it will be a pain to kz properly unless you up it a bit
I used to play UGC TF2 soldier 6.0@2000. Upping my sens to 2.75@500 is gonna be a breeze to use if I play kz.

sleppy
Dec 25, 2008

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=620391582

Fat Lou?

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
PC: hey you ready for me to start up windows update without warning and shut down your pc mid match YOU BET YOU ARE

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

ArfJason posted:

PC: hey you ready for me to start up windows update without warning and shut down your pc mid match YOU BET YOU ARE

i know a guy who develops windows and i asked him to do that to you for me

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

If there's one thing I love more than GruntKilla420, it's the Queen! Also bacon.

mcvey posted:

fuckin NERDS

nuisance

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011
4.0 @1000 with mouse acceleration on. I am GE, am I doing it right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

It's cool how people get extremely mad and call BAD GAME, MM SUCKS when they lost like 12-16 which is a really good game and probably means the MM did a good job???