Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

Photex posted:

frod just clowned s1mple through the smoke :circlefap:

love my boy danny montaner

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

A TURGID FATSO posted:

love my boy danny montaner

he is on his loving game tonight, out awping s1mple at nearly every corner.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

A TURGID FATSO posted:

Seriously, he is loving awful. He may possibly be the worst player of all NA pros, doesn't matter if he's igl or not. You cannot keep consistently laying eggs like that and expect your team to accelerate into the upper echelon of competition.
Move adreN to a coaching position, sign some NA free agent (Anomaly? witmer? There's not a lot after the Winter shuffle.)

Fauxshiz
Jan 3, 2007
Jumbo Sized

symbolic posted:

Move adreN to a coaching position, sign some NA free agent (Anomaly? witmer? There's not a lot after the Winter shuffle.)

Move adren to a sarlacc pit.

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

Fauxshiz posted:

This really made me :lol:.

At this juncture Liquid could replace adreN with me and I'd be more of an equalizer than he is. God drat.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Fauxshiz posted:

Except adreN is actually really knowledgeable at the game so he'd be useful to keep around for strats.

Also, if I may digress, Tempo Storm signed the Games Academy line-up. I remember around this time last year watching Clutchcon and thinking "Who the gently caress is KaBuM? A Brazilian team? Good luck, hahah!" Now a Brazilian team is top 5 in the world and another is making inroads in the NA scene, qualifying for the Columbus offline qualifier. Interesting stuff.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
-adreN
+koosta

adreN coach
koosta AWP
s1mple hybrid

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

mcvey posted:

-adreN
+koosta
Yeah good fuckin' luck signing koosta away from NME. TSM tried but NME turned them down every time. I think the final offer was something like 60K for the initial buyout alone. Still turned down.

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
simples slav blood keeps him unhinged on dust 2

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
I'm slav why don't I throw down huge numbers like that?

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Audax posted:

I'm slav why don't I throw down huge numbers like that?
You're not playing with adreN.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
logged back into my main and the windows update shutdown cost me my rank :V

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Context: I am a lovely gold nova.

Do you guys find you have more on/off games with the awp than with other rifles? I feel like I'm pretty much always at the same level when rifling but when I'm the team's awp I'm either on fire and untouchable or doing very poorly and looking to go back to rifling.

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

VelociBacon posted:

Context: I am a lovely gold nova.

Do you guys find you have more on/off games with the awp than with other rifles? I feel like I'm pretty much always at the same level when rifling but when I'm the team's awp I'm either on fire and untouchable or doing very poorly and looking to go back to rifling.

That's probably because your aim sucks and you rely too heavily on twitch shots.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

qhat posted:

That's probably because your aim sucks and you rely too heavily on twitch shots.

Actually that's pretty accurate most of my kills are flicks.

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

Try playing some AWP DM, awping in general involves a lot of twitching but you should be doing everything in your power to reduce the incidence of a twitch kill, or at least reducing the distance your crosshair has to move. Practice picking good positions where you have easy cover, judging your expected reaction time and placing your crosshair at an appropriate distance off the corner so that when your enemy runs out, they'll run into your crosshair you just need to click. Nobody should be shoulder peeking you in Nova so you probably don't need to worry about that. You'll still twitch occasionally, but it shouldn't be significant.

qhat fucked around with this message at 10:23 on Feb 11, 2016

Crimson
Nov 7, 2002
Why do I solo queue? God drat it's painful. Just had a match where I think all of the other 4 queued together. They generally played like idiots and threw flashes and smokes directly at me. I've had leavers several times this week, including one who was pissed for some unknown reason as we were winning, which cost us the match. Where can I play when the goonman is empty? Is FACEIT generally a griefer free way to play?

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

If there's one thing I love more than GruntKilla420, it's the Queen! Also bacon.

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

Crimson posted:

Why do I solo queue? God drat it's painful. Just had a match where I think all of the other 4 queued together. They generally played like idiots and threw flashes and smokes directly at me. I've had leavers several times this week, including one who was pissed for some unknown reason as we were winning, which cost us the match. Where can I play when the goonman is empty? Is FACEIT generally a griefer free way to play?

I've soloqued a bunch and there is no rank at which you won't get teamed with the loving dregs of the internet. You basically have 2 options when it happens, well 3 but 3 is something you might want to do anyway. 1 you go hyperaggressive to put the number of live players in your team's favor or 2 you lurk and stay the gently caress away from the retards. 3 is you open the console, type "voice_enable 0" and hit enter because its simply not worth hearing from the scum ever.

The best option is to be a very encouraging and positive person (especially when its going poorly) when you get people capable of emotions other than frustration. Even when they gently caress up because everyone fucks up. Then you add the people who reciprocate and invite them to lobbies. They won't remember you or accept an invite very often if you take like a 3 month break from the game but if you stick around its the best way of getting a few people together who probably won't act like children if things go wrong. Don't add literal children.

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

Faceit premium in general I've found to be better than valve solo queue. That doesn't mean it is totally without griefers though, although faceit admins I've heard are pretty heavy handed when it comes to people like that.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

A pro tier start is to call a timeout and have a quick chat with ur teammates about their day before u continue losing

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
FaceIT griefer free?

No. But if you're in NA it's OK. In the EU I found it worse than MM by quite a stretch. Never seen so many games actively thrown. Premium queue a little better, but you have to pay.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Fart Car '97 posted:

A pro tier start is to call a timeout and have a quick chat with ur teammates about their day before u continue losing

gonna try this next time I play :greenangel:

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Ultimate grief is going 14-0 and calling a tactical timeout to poo poo talk the other team.

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

Jeza posted:

FaceIT griefer free?

No. But if you're in NA it's OK. In the EU I found it worse than MM by quite a stretch. Never seen so many games actively thrown. Premium queue a little better, but you have to pay.

Yes, don't even bother with faceit free EU, it is utter dogshit.

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

Photex posted:

Ultimate grief is going 14-0 and calling a tactical timeout to poo poo talk the other team.

I have cl_mute_enemy_team permanently enabled. 1-0 trolls.

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

If there's one thing I love more than GruntKilla420, it's the Queen! Also bacon.

Jeza posted:

FaceIT griefer free?

Why would I pay for something that is a 'little better than quite a stretch worse than MM'. It sounds like Premium is still worse than MM.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
If you're gonna pay you might as well get the one with the rootkit and mining rig

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

ShittyPostmakerPro posted:

Why would I pay for something that is a 'little better than quite a stretch worse than MM'. It sounds like Premium is still worse than MM.

*pays fifteen bucks for a dying internet forum account*

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

The fact that it's a paywall, even a small paywall, eliminates a huge portion of literal children that play CS.

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
ESEA eu is pretty decent except for the fact that you can get brits on your team, brits are toxic barrels with arms and legs

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

qhat posted:

*pays fifteen bucks for a dying internet forum account*

10 bucks, 10 years ago, that ended up introducing me to a job I love, a fantastic career, a hobby I adore, and a video game that I suck at? Terrible value!

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Fart Car '97 posted:

The only times I've had people call timeouts was right after T pistol round and we would just stare at each other for a minute until someone said "Uhhh, yeah, let's rush B."

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

I've literally never seen a timeout called that wasn't for griefing.

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

VelociBacon posted:

I've literally never seen a timeout called that wasn't for griefing.

A few weeks ago I called a timeout when we were getting stomped hard and magically after that our team started winning. It's like loving black magic.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
i call timeout to pee and/or smoke

Carrier
May 12, 2009

Depths posted:

ESEA eu is pretty decent except for the fact that you can get brits on your team, brits are toxic barrels with arms and legs

u want sum????

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe
Wanted to come here and say a huge thank you to. Blue Man. Seriously. He's taking some basic gn1 plebs and trying to turn us into something better. Unfortunately I can't rank up to save my life even though I've only lost 1 and tied another of my past 8 games :iiam:

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

Did they remove rank requirements for Competitive? I just ran into a rank 1 smurf who absolutely wrecked house. I thought you need like rank 3 or 5 to do that?

Elman fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Feb 11, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck

Elman posted:

Did they remove rank requirements for Competitive? I just ran into a rank 1 smurf who absolutely wrecked house. I thought you need like rank 3 or 5 to do that?

You can "prestige" now like in CoD. It resets your level and gives you a shiny medal to display. Of course, doing so does not again prohibit you from MM until level 3, that restriction is just for the first timers.

That person was level 40 at least once before.