Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

marshmallow creep posted:

Making a post so I can actually find this thread on my phone and read it while I'm at the doctor today. I only made it up to the Illusionist update and I am enjoying it immensely.

I was going to make a joke here, but in the process of writing it autocorrect changed it to Passport Sorcerer and holy poo poo that is the crossover/mashup game I never knew I wanted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Chokes McGee posted:

I was going to make a joke here, but in the process of writing it autocorrect changed it to Passport Sorcerer and holy poo poo that is the crossover/mashup game I never knew I wanted.

Paper Sorcerers, Please

I'd buy it.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
Glory to Arisorcya comrade.

I'm sorry your polymorph license is not up to date.

Cobrastahn is not a real... I stand corrected now that you have conjured it into existence. Welcome to Arisorcya.

GUARD! HE HAS A WAND!

Gilgamesh255
Aug 15, 2015

Chokes McGee posted:

drat it, now I'm curious as to how your characters would handle being in such a setting.

Lazy Bear
Feb 1, 2013

Never too lazy to dance with the angels
I'm just imagining all of them crammed into a little booth, trying to process passports while hiding from the law of some other country.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Gilgamesh255 posted:

drat it, now I'm curious as to how your characters would handle being in such a setting.

Seyser Koze
Dec 15, 2013

Mucho Mucho
Nap Ghost

I confess that this is the first time I've looked at MrYar's avatar closely enough to tell what it was.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
There's a few other people with the same avatar kicking around.

I don't know what it was that caused us to drive the avatar-er to drink though :v:

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

EponymousMrYar posted:

I don't know what it was that caused us to drive the avatar-er to drink though :v:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jR0eBWDVAtw

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

This is honestly one of the more informative LPs running right now, just from the thread. :allears:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

EponymousMrYar posted:

Dover boys, would be my guess.

Derek Barona
Dec 8, 2009

WHO'S YOUR FRIEND?!

Chokes McGee posted:

Dover boys, would be my guess.

You are correct, good sir!

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Derek Barona posted:

You are correct, good sir!

I love that loving cartoon. I don't care what anybody says about Tex Avery, I maintain the Dover Boys is pretty much the zeitgeist of animated comedy and anybody who's read enough of these LPs can probably tell why.

Also "I'll steal it! NO ONE WILL EVER KNOW!!" is an actual thing I quote in real life sometimes :3:

Derek Barona
Dec 8, 2009

WHO'S YOUR FRIEND?!

Chokes McGee posted:

Also "I'll steal it! NO ONE WILL EVER KNOW!!" is an actual thing I quote in real life sometimes :3:

Same here.

Rabidredneck
Oct 30, 2010

Not pleasant when angered.
A phrase more commonly used than you might think...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3uEf8sJt1s

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Inspired by this thread I decided to fire up Paper Sorcerer for the first time since...this thread started now that I think of it.
2 hours in. Got the 'stuck in your room, village won't load ever.' bug.
Only one save because I'm an idiot and didn't naturally assume the game had game-breaking bugs in it.
So thanks for nothing Paper Sorcerer.

Edit: Luckily the 'fiddle with something until it miraculously works after trashing it on the internet' phenomenon occurred so I can continue with the game.

ChrisBTY fucked around with this message at 07:52 on Jan 4, 2017

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

That never works twice, so stagger those saves from here on out.

vdate
Oct 25, 2010

Chokes McGee posted:

I love that loving cartoon. I don't care what anybody says about Tex Avery, I maintain the Dover Boys is pretty much the zeitgeist of animated comedy and anybody who's read enough of these LPs can probably tell why.

I think my favorite part of the whole runabout business is that the colour scheme suggests that it's his own runabout he's 'stealing'.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

ChrisBTY posted:

Inspired by this thread I decided to fire up Paper Sorcerer for the first time since...this thread started now that I think of it.
2 hours in. Got the 'stuck in your room, village won't load ever.' bug.

The only time I have to deal with this bug is when I'm live-recording for the LP, and it's pretty consistent then. I highly suspect it has something to do with DirectX versioning.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Hi, everybody. Good news and bad news.

First, the bad news. No, believe it or not, I'm not sitting around at work while everything literally burns down around me. :tif: I'm taking a hiatus from the LP. I'm having to re-prioritize my life right now, and until I get everything sorted, my dumb video game fanfiction will have to head to the back of the line.

Now, the good news! I will return to this LP eventually; all the appropriate files are backed up, and I'm 5/5 on not abandoning LPs. Also, whenever I say something like this, I usually crank out an update two days later because of course I do. Absolutely no promises on that front, though.

So, break starts now. Thread will be left open to emphasize it's live, and I may come back and bump it occasionally to keep it out of your archives. Thanks for your patience. Hopefully, we'll be back to Llewyn's stupidity soon enough.

Chokes McGee fucked around with this message at 16:46 on Jan 30, 2017

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug
I hope all's well, and I look forward to you picking this back up when you've got time. :)

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

POOL IS CLOSED posted:

I hope all's well, and I look forward to you picking this back up when you've got time. :)

:yeah:

SystemLogoff
Feb 19, 2011

End Session?

Thank you for letting us know you're alive and not inslaved by evil wasps.

Good luck, take care of yourself.

King of the Cosmos
Jun 6, 2004

Maybe We'll invent a Cosmic Esperanto.
Good to know you are okay. Take your time! I will be waiting for the next awesome adventures to come tumbling out of your brain.

Double Plus Undead
Dec 24, 2010
Take care of yourself, I hope it all goes well.

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

"I like Ur and Kavodel and Enki being nice to people for some reason."

Wrong Voter amongst wrong voters
No worries, I'm going to be busy being amazed the guy's name is Llewyn for awhile anyway.

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

My postillion has been struck by lightning.
I know how these things can be. Take the time you need, and we'll see the LP again when you're ready.

Lazy Bear
Feb 1, 2013

Never too lazy to dance with the angels
Now I'm imagining Llewyn and crew chilling on a beach.

ManxomeBromide
Jan 29, 2009

old school
Good luck out there.

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Arguing about Lore for 5 years and counting

is it an average case of the LP curse or something even worse?

must be worse, not even all of your pipes bursting or the WAAAASSPPS could stop you! :ohdear:

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Siegkrow posted:

must be worse, not even all of your pipes bursting or the WAAAASSPPS could stop you! :ohdear:

Have you read the news recently?

But seriously, as I have no idea what's going on in our esteemed writer's life: Chokes, take care of yourself!

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

StrixNebulosa posted:

Have you read the news recently?

But seriously, as I have no idea what's going on in our esteemed writer's life: Chokes, take care of yourself!

Yeah, there's a lot of poo poo about half my country being literally on fire. For about 2 weeks now, raging forest fires. 270 square miles turned to ash, 122 houses burned down, about 70 lives lost...

I'm just lucky to live like 500 miles away from the burning down areas, but still, the fires have coused temperatures to rise significantly.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Siegkrow posted:

I'm just lucky to live like 500 miles away from the burning down areas, but still, the fires have coused temperatures to rise significantly.

I think it would be the other way around. High temperatures and dry weather make for out-of-control fires. Even a very large fire 500 miles away isn't going to have much of an effect on your local temperatures.

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Bruceski posted:

I think it would be the other way around. High temperatures and dry weather make for out-of-control fires. Even a very large fire 500 miles away isn't going to have much of an effect on your local temperatures.

Yeah I tried telling that to my family but I got shouted down *shrugs*

Xandor TikRoth
Mar 10, 2012

I can definitely help with that

Siegkrow posted:

You know, I saw a video recently of a big black dude crushing a wasp nest. With his bare loving hands.

I like to imagine that this man is Chokes.

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug

Xandor TikRoth posted:

You know, I saw a video recently of a big black dude crushing a wasp nest. With his bare loving hands.

I like to imagine that this man is Chokes.

Jesus wept

his bare hands?

:cripes:

vdate
Oct 25, 2010

POOL IS CLOSED posted:

Jesus wept

his bare hands?

:cripes:

With his BARE HANDS!

e: messed up the timestamp

vdate fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Feb 1, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

I expected a DBZA reference. I'm not saying I am disappointed buuuuut....

• Locked thread