Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

Gonna start playing this, and glad to see someone else calling out harder = better as bullshit. Lot of the old, old games were hard for two reasons:

A. To sell hint books/Helplines to charge additional money

or

B. Accidental as playtesting wasn't as thorough or standardized today, so the programmers who made the game and know all the mechanics are often the times doing the playtesting period, and generally only for specific portions of the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

Shiva Asori posted:

I don't mind hard games but when later encounters can go like this: battle start, enemy 1 uses running slash, enemy 2 uses running slash, hope is lost, game over. When this happens, it kinda shows that fairness wasn't a concern to the maker.
But my biggest complaint is how buggy it still is, more then 2 years later and there's still bugs that can force restarting the game.

Yeah - "Hard but Fair" is perfectly legit, where it's about using your head and managing your resources. When it comes down to being extremely lucky or having to slam your face for several hours to get basically a couple minutes of progress - that's bull.

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

I swapped out Werewolf for Ghost - as I was ending up using Wolfy more to buff, and it's astounding - I'm not used to non-SMT games making buff/debuffs facewrecking.

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

RickVoid posted:

Too bad there isn't a voodoo priestess to add to the party.

You already know why.

Because of the power of voodoo?

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

Yeah, I end up using Witch as a DoT dealer and secondary heal.

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

reading, but not much to comment on at the moment aside from you lucky son of a bitch.

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

Yeah, this fight was loving nasty, even if you get absurdly lucky in loot drops - especially if you go in with the idea his title means those things will vanish when he die, or they'll just disappear in a single hit.

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

I'd say this is where the game officially stops playing around - it takes the kids gloves off around the first boss, and put on the boxing gloves for boss 2, then removes that and put on the brass knuckles with this rear end in a top hat.

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

Or if you're like me and forget you even HAVE those things

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

Minotaur, have to agree Werewolf was kind of lackluster - the buffs it got is nice, but it's severely limited in what it can equip and can't keep up in damage output or defensive capabilities, so you're better off with Ghost for buff/debuff, or another summon for damage.

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

Energy training for everyone, the ability to get out more attacks before needing to focus is a godsend, Defense up for Witch and Ghost, Magic up for Witch and Sorcerer in that order, so the Witch's less likely to go down when you really need her to heal - and Ziggy's kind of squishy, and magic up will make their DoT attacks hit harder.

If you got money left weapon training for the melee fighters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

Didn't Math punish his two sons for deflowering one of his stools by turning them into animals and making them breed three times or so?

• Locked thread