Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fayrn
Apr 5, 2009

Shiva Asori posted:

The ghost starts with a AOE enemy gains phys weakness...

This. This right here. Combine with a certain bull-man and a big axe and everything dies. I blew through the game on Hard with minimal effort on the back of this combination - enemy groups rarely lasted more than two rounds. Some bosses lasted only last one.

The Ghost was probably the biggest surprise I had my first few times through the game as far as party member usefulness goes - my initial reaction of oh great a buff/debuff bot swiftly changed to OH GOD HOLY poo poo.

Unfortunately, this is our one and only chance to get a customizable wooden eldritch abomination, so casting my vote for PUPPET.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fayrn
Apr 5, 2009
Now that we have the Minotaur, put him in a group with the Ghost and use Dirge of Frailty before one of his giant :fuckoff: physical AoEs and giggle at everything getting bisected.

Fayrn
Apr 5, 2009

Chokes McGee posted:

Luckily for us, we have equalizers. :twisted:

HOW YOU DOIN'

:gibs: :gibs: :gibs:

YESSSSSSSSSSS :unsmigghh:

The results from Damage Buffs --> Dirge of Frailty --> Wild/Power Swing are a little more impressive if you've been running that group from the start and paying the skill trainer to up the Minotaur's Strength and Weapon Damage, but bisecting a group of enemies on a good damage roll is an endless source of amusement either way.

Fayrn fucked around with this message at 02:37 on May 12, 2016

Fayrn
Apr 5, 2009

Chokes McGee posted:

Team Max Carnage is pretty incredible if you can deal with the rocket tag. :allears:

The rocket tag becomes much more bearable for a couple cell blocks as you get certain newer skills, but then the regular encounter difficulty changes from going up an incline to a sheer cliff face. :argh:

Fayrn
Apr 5, 2009
Just remembered, any chance you could add links to the miniboss/boss music fights to your posts?

Some of the music in this game is a little iffy, but the boss fight music is pretty :krad:.

Fayrn fucked around with this message at 19:23 on May 22, 2016

Fayrn
Apr 5, 2009

Chokes McGee posted:

It absolutely is and my favorite is still the frantic boss music. The main issue is that all my videos have bleeps and bloops on top of them from playing the game and I'm also terribly lazy. The "in town" music is still incredibly catchy though and right up there with SaGa's stair theme ehn ehn ehn, doot doot doo

I definitely agree, FFL1&2 music is a fantastic nostalgia trip as well.

I guess you could just link to the relevant portion of the Paper Sorcerer OST on youtube.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fayrn
Apr 5, 2009
Oh look, an enemy encounter consisting of one or two similarly-leveled enemies along with a bunch of lower level ones. Whatever shall I do?

:gibs: :gibs: :gibs: :gibs:

I just start cackling with glee every time I see a large group of enemies because of the Minotaur's hilarious skill set.

Fayrn fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Oct 21, 2016

• Locked thread