Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Chokes McGee posted:

Ghost - Buff/Debuff Mage

He's very clearly a bard, his spells are all named as songs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
The dungeon environments are pretty sparse, so generally if you see something it's something you can interact with or loot. There's not a lot of pixel hunting.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
Werewolf kind of takes a while to get going and is never that great. He specializes in doing lots of hits to lots of targets, which just isn't all that useful.

Goblin is a weird little utility character. I'd say he takes a while to get going too, except I'm not sure he ever actually gets going.

Haven't tried cultist.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
Taunting never seems to really work on bosses anyhow. I'm not sure that enemy special skills even take taunts into account, so you waste a turn having your tank try to do his thing and the boss ignores him to paste your squishes anyhow.

EDIT: Also, re: loot chat, the first time I made it past the 2nd boss (on Hard) it was only because I somehow randomly found an endgame quest reward armor in a chest in the 2nd area.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
They definitely have skill cooldowns, but I'm not sure they have energy meters, or at least their skills are not particularly big energy guzzlers. They don't seem to be able to use the same skill back to back but they'll chain their big skills together easily.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

Gonna have to go with the ghost. Do its armor upgrades consist of sheets with varying thread counts? :v:

Its armor upgrades consist of being a fuckin ghost.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
Much as I like the ghost I'm gonna vote Puppet.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
Xe does have headmates...

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
Elvish Leather is a bizarrely common loot drop in this level, despite being wildly inappropriate level-wise--finding equipment drops from the next tier up is fairly common, but elvish leather is somethibg like 5 or 6 levels tiers ahead of you. It's still rare, but it shows up once every 2-3 games--way more common than other equally overpowered equipment. I assume it was added to the loot table specifically to make the next boss more doable, which is kind of obnoxious design.

That chainmail is just fuckin crazy, though (although not actually the craziest loot I've seen.)

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
:ghost: doesn't have the world's greatest synergy with our team, but he's my favorite anyway so

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Night10194 posted:

Minotaur time

Who better to get you out of a maze?

Literally anybody! The entire point of the minotaur's maze was to keep him there!

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
Can't wait for the next few updates, I've been replaying this game due to the LP and the drop tables get insane in this stretch.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
I think you missed something :ssh:

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Chokes McGee posted:

:mad:

In the game or the update? I assume the former, except I clicked on every goddamn thing on that floor. I'll go back and check if that's what happened, then edit it into the update and NO ONE WILL REMEMBER IT WASN'T THERE, YOU HEAR ME, NO ONE

The back-and-forth story of the love-crossed guards actually has a clue. Hint: There's a reason they're guarding an "empty hall."

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

vdate posted:

So this thread inspired me to start again on Hard, and it's surprisingly not THAT much of a step up from Normal as of block 2-3. There's more wearing down of defense, and I'm finding the Werewolf's ability to keep ATATATATATA going via Hurricane Claw (1 cooldown 1 energy cost all-target attack, albeit with miss chance) invaluable, since it lets me keep the weardown going even as I burst down single targets of threat.

Gilex, on the other hand, was loving terrifying, probably because I opted to take the crazy person party of Sorc/Shadow/Ghost/Cultist into it, which means that 3/4 of my party was uncomfortably squishy against a man whose entire gimmick is chopping. That said, the Ghost's ability to blind and burn and the Shadow's ability to blast 80-damage shots through his defense made them worthwhile inclusions. Paired that with the dots from Scorch and Poison from the fixed staff drop on the Sorcerer as my damage source, and used the Cultist to frantically buff up party defense between Wide Chops. I won, but a couple more turns of that and I probably would have died. I'm looking forward to my horror stories of Myles, though.

Any chance you have a Skeleton on your bench? Skeleton is basically a giant "gently caress you" to Myles.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
Ricerche is just kind of a pushover. I can't imagine any party that could somehow have any difficulty at all against him after making it this far.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

GilliamYaeger posted:

So the Knight Magus probably uses swords. You know who else uses swords? Vlad.

You know what would really suck for Vlad? His boss jacking his awesome sword, the one thing that's gone right for him since he got here.

Hard to argue with this logic for Knight Magus

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
Yeah, I definitely got a lot more mileage out of the Knight for bosses (unsurprisingly, since Arch Magus is the magic crowd control class.)

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

citybeatnik posted:

Speaking of exploits...

I might have mentioned this previously but if you only have one of an item (such as, say, a Fire Bomb) you can still have each of your characters use it, since it doesn't vanish from the inventory until it's actually used. Not sure if this was finally patched out but it made some of the later enemies and bosses easier when you could just throw the same jar of Acid in their face again and again.

Cue a bunch of monsters carefully scooping the acid back up into the jar and dumping it again, over and over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Genocyber posted:

You can definitely see the influence of the classic Wizardry games and The Bard's Tale in scenes like this.

Mostly in the lack of proofreading.

• Locked thread