Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Derek Barona
Dec 8, 2009

WHO'S YOUR FRIEND?!

Chokes McGee posted:

a power pole on our property is rotted and literally falling over in slow motion, no one can decide whether the power company or the parking lot next door is responsible, we're not even sure we own the strip of land it's on

you can't make this stuff up

Splash some acid or do some other untraceable form of damage to whichever side makes it fall away from your house, for the love of god. It'll still go down and you'll be out of power for awhile, but at least it's damage control.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Derek Barona
Dec 8, 2009

WHO'S YOUR FRIEND?!
I know what kind of joke you were going for, Chokes, but they're called Metal BLADES, thank you. :colbert:

Yapping Eevee posted:

And yeah, this boss does the Scarmiglione thing. :jerkbag:

At least when Milon Z happened, it was a harder fight than the first phase. I mean, you could literally just unleash ALL the fire and dropkick him off the bridge, but if you didn't expect it that first time you were probably hosed.

Derek Barona
Dec 8, 2009

WHO'S YOUR FRIEND?!
Energy all day erry day

Derek Barona
Dec 8, 2009

WHO'S YOUR FRIEND?!

Chokes McGee posted:

You know, it's extra satisfying beating the clerics up.

Yeah?

They find out you're a witch and it's all like, "Accursed pagan temptress!" And then they chase you out of their church with warhammers because apparently setting fire to their altars with dark magic is frowned upon. :rolleyes:

Sheesh. Some people.

You've got my attention. I'll have to check with legal first, though.

You're good to go.

Great news, legal finally got back to us!

We are just the best bad guys ever. :allears:

Derek Barona
Dec 8, 2009

WHO'S YOUR FRIEND?!

RickVoid posted:

Ugh. This. This is how it starts.

"Killing the Heroes with our over-powered equipment and spells is so boring", you say. So you start carrying around two sets of gear; a weaker set for villager slaying and the like, and you keep your really good stuff in an extra dimensional space for when you decide "it's time to get serious". Next thing you know you're setting up your evil lair at the bottom of a multi-tiered fortress, its halls filled with appropriately leveled encounter groups so as to provide a challenge for invading Heroes, but not too much of a challenge, oh no, not too much, because occasionally you want to face a so-called "Worthy" adversary and get yourself a bit of a workout in the process. Of course, what you don't know is that the "Heroes" are using your seemingly limitless hordes to train themselves up to god-like levels of power and have probably found that loving MacGuffin that will shut-down all of your powers, which you though it was probably safe to stuff in a chest somewhere in your base, so by the time they decide to actually face you you're proper hosed.

I can't believe how much more of this poo poo I've been seeing in recent years. Did you know that the Evil Overlord mortality rate has jumped from sitting in the low teens just a decade ago to over 63% today? I was shocked at how few of my peers were alive to attend my graduating classes Evil Medical School reunion this past may. It's a real problem, and we need to get the word out now or soon there will be none of us left.

I giggled far more than I should have at this.

Derek Barona
Dec 8, 2009

WHO'S YOUR FRIEND?!

SystemLogoff posted:

You can always self-public as a romance novel on kindle.

(Let us know if you ever publish or self publish though, I want to read.)

This is loving beautiful, dude.

Derek Barona
Dec 8, 2009

WHO'S YOUR FRIEND?!
Are there any other fights on that entire floor, or is it just those two?

Derek Barona
Dec 8, 2009

WHO'S YOUR FRIEND?!
Not that I mind the idea of Willow and Deathpino having enough cash to open up a fantasy Swiss bank account, but what all loot was actually in that secret room?

Derek Barona
Dec 8, 2009

WHO'S YOUR FRIEND?!

SatansOnion posted:

Willow's the more-functional-but-still-thoroughly-a-fucker Frylock to the Sorcerer's erratic, narcissistic Master Shake

I will now hear Sorc talk in Shake's voice from now on, thanks much.

So, Vlad is Meatwad then, right? Who'd be Carl?

Derek Barona
Dec 8, 2009

WHO'S YOUR FRIEND?!
I can kinda sorta understand why he wouldn't want to do FFL3. I mean, the first two tried to kill him multiple times via LP Curse.

Which just makes me want the third one all the more. I wanna see him post a pic of like, a meteor hitting his house or something. It does absolutely no damage to anything else in the house except the spot right above his gaming chair/desk/whatever setup he has for LPing.

Derek Barona
Dec 8, 2009

WHO'S YOUR FRIEND?!

Chokes McGee posted:

Thanks guys. That's... that's heartening. :eng99:

Hey, what're friends for? Especially on the Internet. And Something Awful.

Okay, really, you do it to yourself by continuing to hang out here.

Chokes McGee posted:

But no, I've said all I want to say about FFL story-wise. FFL3 is a good game, but it's not SaGa. (Y'all.)

I mean, you could always not make it a direct continuation of 1 and 2. FFL3's story has enough things you can mock without having to drop the Lady Of The Saw in as a plot point.

Derek Barona
Dec 8, 2009

WHO'S YOUR FRIEND?!
Derailing the hype just long enough to ask if Chokes has any options for purchase besides Amazon Kindle, as I have no such key item in my inventory.

Derek Barona
Dec 8, 2009

WHO'S YOUR FRIEND?!

UmbreonMessiah posted:

The weekend past and there was no update.

Oh god, did the bees get him?

The wasps have too much to lose by ending him prematurely, so that can't be it.

Maybe that meteor actually did crash into his home.

Derek Barona
Dec 8, 2009

WHO'S YOUR FRIEND?!
Looks like I missed the vote, but I would've voted for Arch Magus anyway just for magic and magic with a side order of more mage with extra magic.

Derek Barona
Dec 8, 2009

WHO'S YOUR FRIEND?!
The doll inexplicably had blades for arms.

Derek Barona
Dec 8, 2009

WHO'S YOUR FRIEND?!
Just watch out, Chokes. Without the Wasps around, you may find yourself targeted by the Sharks. Both the aquatic and arcade-going varieties.

Derek Barona
Dec 8, 2009

WHO'S YOUR FRIEND?!
I'm surprisingly okay with the image of Big Mino. But who'd be Enzo? It sure isn't gonna be Sorc or Vlad.

Derek Barona
Dec 8, 2009

WHO'S YOUR FRIEND?!

Fuckin Trump Riot posted:

man at this rate PS is going to take two more years to complete, I'll probably be dead from LP curse long before Altered even hits first draft

I'd say all the more reason to get on with updating to try and get it done quicker, but knowing your luck Chokes the Curse would respond to the stimulation like a fever and just murder you even faster to compensate.

Derek Barona
Dec 8, 2009

WHO'S YOUR FRIEND?!

Fuckin Trump Riot posted:

I'm doing what I can to muster the strength, but it's admittedly difficult right now to write meaningful stuff, let alone silly video game fanfic. I could use the distraction and levity, but at the same time, I don't feel much like being funny and it'll show in the final product.

I'm gonna take a few days to see if I can recover, but if the magic's gone (hurr hurr), I'm gonna have to abandon ship. We'll see how it shakes out.

See, I get that. Everyone else around me is losing their collective poo poo and that feeling of dread is thick enough around my town that it might as well be mustard gas. But you can't give up, Chokes. If you give up, HE wins. So get back up and do it. Create funny poo poo in a time where we need funny poo poo if we don't want to all sink into despair. If nothing else, when the aliens come down to examine the blasted ruins of our country in the next two years, they'll be able to find this LP and understand that there was a time before The Fall where humor once truly lived in the world.

Derek Barona
Dec 8, 2009

WHO'S YOUR FRIEND?!
Merry Christmas, Chokes. Let us celebrate the joyous return of Action Duck.

Odd joke about the Duck, but I actually started calling the Seagull in 100% Orange Juice that one day just as a joke while me and my friends were playing, and it's sort of stuck as a name. Especially when the little fucker survives at 1 HP and then rolls a 7 and OHKOs someone out of spite.

Derek Barona
Dec 8, 2009

WHO'S YOUR FRIEND?!

Chokes McGee posted:

Dover boys, would be my guess.

You are correct, good sir!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Derek Barona
Dec 8, 2009

WHO'S YOUR FRIEND?!

Chokes McGee posted:

Also "I'll steal it! NO ONE WILL EVER KNOW!!" is an actual thing I quote in real life sometimes :3:

Same here.

• Locked thread